Who are the players who need a farewell game ASAP?

Remove this Banner Ad

X Clarke, Maguire, Buchanan, Raines, and Charman instead of Staker.
Seems to be a pattern in there somewhere, but just can't work it out though...

X. Clarke - surely gone unless someone can find him a new body
Charman - same as Clarke
Buchanan - tries hard, but is not really up to AFL standard anymore
Maguire - is getting pretty slow, but he could still be worth another year as a backup key position player

I don't agree with Raines though. He isn't that old and he has just reinvented himself this year as a tagger with very solid efforts before being heavily concussed against the Gold Coast.

And to get in before anyone else - Black and Power have at least one more year left in them.

People do understand that you can be past your best footy as a player, and still be in your teams best 22, and even contribute to a premiership like Dew and Crawford did. Players shouldn't be retiring mid season unless they get a career ending injury.

People do understand that you can be past your best footy as a player, and still be in your teams best 22, and even contribute to a premiership like Dew and Crawford did. Players shouldn't be retiring mid season unless they get a career ending injury.

Not always.

I mean, Moons doesn't look like he's enjoying his footy at the moment. That is never a good sign, especially from an energy guy like him.

all harvey wants to do is kick goal of the year bit selfish imo

yeh i agree. i read somewhere hes listed 3RD in GOAL ASSISTS. Since stats started being recorded. ****in selfish if you ask me. how hes not the best is not good enough.

why does rawlings still get a game?

seriously, i don't see what he offers that outweighs the oppurtunity to get games into a promising youngster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barry hall

has been a genuine star of the game during his stint with sydney and is a great bloke to boot

but he is on the verge of embarassing himself at the moment. he is clearly done and dusted and should be given a send off at the bulldogs next home game and then hang up the boots. given that the doggies can't make the 8 they can afford to indulge him in a farewell game mid season

Wrong. As soon as you're finished and can be replaced by someone younger and better, you're out the door. Otherwise you're a weakness, which the opposition can (and will) exploit, and it could cost your team games.

If clubs are in any sort of premiership or finals contention, farewell games should not be considered.

Calling for Rawlings and Harvey? NFI Board. Equal B&Fs last year.

That is more an indictment on the state of your club than anything. Two players who are past their peak still being your best. Much like Barry Hall kicking 80 goals last year, sometimes it's just time for players to go.

Bitter and twisted Carlton supporter? Why, because I witnessed Milburn commit one of the snipe acts of the decade? Lol. He's a passenger hiding in broad daylight. Things have been too soft and cuddly at Geelong I reckon. Should've received his gold watch after the 2009 Grand Final, and even that would've been generous timing.

Haven't watched many Geelong games I guess. Milburn was fantastic last year.

Bitter and twisted Carlton supporter? Why, because I witnessed Milburn commit one of the snipe acts of the decade? Lol. He's a passenger hiding in broad daylight. Things have been too soft and cuddly at Geelong I reckon. Should've received his gold watch after the 2009 Grand Final, and even that would've been generous timing.
How much footy do you watch?! :eek:

Milburn is still more than contributing.

That is more an indictment on the state of your club than anything. Two players who are past their peak still being your best. Much like Barry Hall kicking 80 goals last year, sometimes it's just time for players to go.
Spot on. North are in dire need of good players. When a selfish, downhill skier and a career long plodder are your 2 best players, you know your club needs some serious help. Shows that all this talk about having great kids isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Hansen :thumbsdown:
Thomas :thumbsdown:
Ziebell :thumbsdown:
Cunnington :thumbsdown:
Garlett :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Warren :thumbsdown:
Wells :thumbsdown:

not a great list of youngsters.

BTW Daniel Pratt is someone else who needs a 'farewell' game

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the players who need a farewell game ASAP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back