Who has the potential to be a dynasty this decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

And let's not even mention that in 2007 we lost pick 1 to Carlton, and in 2009 we lost pick 2 to Melbourne, while our priority pick in that era (Rance) was pick 18..
Still the only team in AFL draft history to finish bottom and not get pick 1, I believe?
Definitely right. The priority pick era costed your club picks 1 and 2

yes, and rock bottom in 2009, just in time for Gold Coast, then GWS, which absolutely destroyed our club, and why we had to win a dynasty with a team of 90% rejects from other clubs and bargain bin rookies, plus those 4 and Edwards from pre-2010.

And let's not even mention that in 2007 we lost pick 1 to Carlton, and in 2009 we lost pick 2 to Melbourne, while our priority pick in that era (Rance) was pick 18..
Still the only team in AFL draft history to finish bottom and not get pick 1, I believe?

And people say us Tiger fans are paranoid...
Well 1st off...

Your club didnt win flags with a team of 90 percent of rejects from other clubs and bargain bin rookies. Far from it.

Yes your club lost pick 1 to Carlton. They got Kreuzer.

Your club was denied pick 1 in 2009. But Demons chose trengrove and Scully with those 2 picks before Richmonds eventual pick 3 which was dustin martin.

Your Club isnt the only Club in draft history to finish bottom and not get pick 1. We all know pick 1 was traded. Swans traded pick 1 in 1992. Dockers traded pick 1 in 2001.

But you are thinking via the draft.

Eagles in 2010 finish last. In Any Normal season, they would get pick 1. But the suns came into the comp and had picks 1, 2 and 3. Eagles used pick 4 on Andrew Gaff.

But Yeah I see your point.

LOL no chance. Bad enough you lot want a late 1st rounder for Liam Baker.

Considering freos draft hand, likely to be picks 9 and 10 and 15-18, thats 3 decent picks along with freos 2025 1st and 2nd rounder you would demand for Shai Bolton.
Success costs a lot 😊 we paid pick 6 for Prestia and Geelong paid three first-rounders for Cameron. Both trades were worth every pick.

Shai Bolton’s one that can get you there, so show us the money!

yes, and rock bottom in 2009, just in time for Gold Coast, then GWS, which absolutely destroyed our club, and why we had to win a dynasty with a team of 90% rejects from other clubs and bargain bin rookies, plus those 4 and Edwards from pre-2010.

And people say us Tiger fans are paranoid...

Forgive my curiosity, but who’s fault, exactly, was it - the CFL, Steve Hocking, the AA selectors, Gary Sr, Gary Jr, Umpires, Kardinia Park, take your pick - that Richmond were at the arse end of the table when GWS and GC arrived?

AFL doesn't like Dynasty teams, they do their best to change rules / fixtures each year to make it much harder.

Won't see another Dynasty for a while.

Dynasty possible if you can get a perfect storm of acquiring quality free agents wanting a flag, minimal injuries to core group, a coach who continues to evolve and change, rapid improvement from bottom 6 and fringe players & managing the salary cap accordingly.

I don't know if Hawthorn have a dynasty team, but we'll be contending for a premiership soon.

Hawthorn's last dynasty team had Hodge, Cyril, Buddy, Mitchell and Rough. I'm not sure we have great players like that right now.
Day and Sicily ATM, I'm talking ability to be either already elite or will get to that level. Dylan Moore consistently very good along with Hardwick, good with potential to be great players in Newcombe, Watson, Conor McDonald as an example. There's a nucleus there for a batch of club greats to emerge in a new era of success.

Well 1st off...

Your club didnt win flags with a team of 90 percent of rejects from other clubs and bargain bin rookies. Far from it.

Yes your club lost pick 1 to Carlton. They got Kreuzer.

Your club was denied pick 1 in 2009. But Demons chose trengrove and Scully with those 2 picks before Richmonds eventual pick 3 which was dustin martin.

Your Club isnt the only Club in draft history to finish bottom and not get pick 1. We all know pick 1 was traded. Swans traded pick 1 in 1992. Dockers traded pick 1 in 2001.

But you are thinking via the draft.

Eagles in 2010 finish last. In Any Normal season, they would get pick 1. But the suns came into the comp and had picks 1, 2 and 3. Eagles used pick 4 on Andrew Gaff.

But Yeah I see your point.
Oh yes, gws and gc is special case, they were taking the best 17 year olds long before the draft even !!

Success costs a lot 😊 we paid pick 6 for Prestia and Geelong paid three first-rounders for Cameron. Both trades were worth every pick.

Shai Bolton’s one that can get you there, so show us the money!
As talented as Shai Bolton is, he isn't going to turn the dockers into premiership winners

As talented as Shai Bolton is, he isn't going to turn the dockers into premiership winners
Bolton is best as the cherry on top, which is exactly what Fremantle needs in my opinion. I can only imagine how good he’ll be with how strong Fremantle’s midfield is. Baker’s not as good as Bolton, but he’d still be pretty good too.

Given Bolton’s contracted for a while, the deal probably needs to be really good for us to part with him. If Fremantle won’t offer something good, then I’d rather keep him tbh

Forgive my curiosity, but who’s fault, exactly, was it - the CFL, Steve Hocking, the AA selectors, Gary Sr, Gary Jr, Umpires, Kardinia Park, take your pick - that Richmond were at the arse end of the table when GWS and GC arrived?
That one was AFL surely?

Just the usual s-show, arbitrary rules-on-the-run garbage.

Bolton is best as the cherry on top, which is exactly what Fremantle needs in my opinion. I can only imagine how good he’ll be with how strong Fremantle’s midfield is. Baker’s not as good as Bolton, but he’d still be pretty good too.

Given Bolton’s contracted for a while, the deal probably needs to be really good for us to part with him. If Fremantle won’t offer something good, then I’d rather keep him tbh
Agree. Bolton would be a huge get for the Dockers

AFL doesn't like Dynasty teams, they do their best to change rules / fixtures each year to make it much harder.

Won't see another Dynasty for a while.
I find it funny Richmond fans think the AFL brought the 6-6-6 rule because the AFL hate Richmond. LoL

I know exactly why the AFL brought in that rule... It was more to do with countering Ross Lyon tactics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’d get you into top 4 he’s essentially another Walters in his prime and you’ll have him for a while.

Pick 9,10 and 26 would be fair imo.

After doing the Harley Bennell and Jesse Hogan type trades in the past of essentially trading the farm for one player, As good as Shai Bolton is, he wont improve the dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has the potential to be a dynasty this decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back