who are the strongest players in the AFL(pound for pound/raw strength)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unwritten_Law said:
Do you even know what pound for pound means?

Hunt - 96kg

Scarlett - 92kg

Mooney - 95kg

I wouldn't be backing Hunt, that's for sure.
Solid Legs (Tree trunks) upper body needs improvement, at Geelong he would be well behind, Chapman, Ablett and Steven King

Overall none of these would go anywhare near players like Byron Pickett at Port, Strong and quick , not too many people get up after a Pickett Bump and can lay great tackles. The Gtrain or Hall are both big units but are slow and people can get out of their way

Carr at Port....err Freo is another one of those nits.

skywalk750 said:
Matthew Scarlett doesent have bulk of Mal Michael but can wrestle with any forward in the game

Wrestling is more about leverage than size. Scarlett knows how to use his body well as opposed to being physically stronger than the players he stands.

Since pretty much everyone is just choosing someone from their own team, I would guess that pound for pound the Swans strongest is Craig Bolton. I know he can lift some ludicrous weights for his size, but I can't be bothered looking up how much he weighs himself.

stellation said:
Since pretty much everyone is just choosing someone from their own team, I would guess that pound for pound the Swans strongest is Craig Bolton. I know he can lift some ludicrous weights for his size, but I can't be bothered looking up how much he weighs himself.

I have heard he bench presses more than Barry Hall.

massive.jpg

chace.jpg

012513al.tho

Strongest has gotta be Gehrig. Pound for pound, I'd probably say someone like Matty Robbins or Medhurst. Matera seems pretty strong for a midget too, but that might be just because he knows how to use his body better than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being stronger 'pound for pound' has nothing to do with muscle size. And neither does raw strength either.

Unless you guys know the actual weights lifted - Bench Press is the worst lift to find out - this conversation is completely pointless.

I'm currently modeling my game around Sylvia for next season. Hard aggresive tackling and work rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

who are the strongest players in the AFL(pound for pound/raw strength)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back