No Oppo Supporters Who are you going for now that the Swans are out? (Swans posters only)

Who are you going for now that the Swans are out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
So the Swans are now out of the hunt for the 2015 premiership (although you could possibly say that we weren't ever truly IN the hunt) at the hands of the 8th-placed team after the Home & Away season. And although it's a bitter pill to swallow, the season still continues and the most important questions looms:

Who do you want to win the flag now?

This is a difficult question to ponder not only because of the still-fresh disappointment of losing a home final in one of our absolute champion's last ever games, but because the 4 options are so unpalatable.

Fremantle - In a word: boring. They've got some incredible talent on their list and both Pavlich and Fyfe are high up on my favourite non-Swans list, but watching them play football under Ross Lyon is like teaching physics to a duck: intensely frustrating and ultimately, a waste of time. I understand now what people meant when talking about the Swans of the mid '00s. If the Dockers do win it, more power to them (and they've certainly been good enough in the last few years to nab one), but I for one won't be cheering.

Hawthorn - The only thing on their side is watching history. A three-peat is incredibly difficult to achieve (even though if they manage it, it will have been done twice in 15 years!) and would be a massive accolade for a very talented team. But the arrogance of their players and even moreso their fans (both the flogs on Bigfooty and high-profile supporters like Jeff Kennett and Dermott Brereton) makes it impossible to support them. The humiliation of 2014 is still fresh too, so, no. The Hawks can crash and burn for my liking.

North Melbourne - Meh. They say that the opposite of love is not hatred, but indifference. Even though my most-hated player in the league plays for the Kangaroos (Michael Firrito) and two of their other players (Brent Harvey and Lindsay Thomas) and their coach would be in the top 10, I really can't bring up any real emotion when thinking about this team. All in all, they are just an incredibly irrelevant club. Good luck to 'em, I guess?

West Coast - Which means ... gulp ... that I'm supporting West Coast? Can that be the case after all we've been through together? They play an exciting brand of football, have some incredibly classy players (Mark LeCras is still one of the most under-rated in the league) and a genuine match-winning big man in Josh Kennedy. What's not to like? I was an Eels fan in my youth, so the blue and yellow just looks good to me as well. GO THE EAGLES!!!!

So my vote is cast. Who are the rest of you going for?

I cannot possibly want hawks to win it, actually all 4 of them really. If I had to pick one then Freo I suppose, but they won't get past hawks IMO.

Probably West Coast. Played very good football this year.

I hope the world explodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carna the Hawks from me and sir

You say that like it is something new. :p

I hope Freo win it. I hope they kick 3 goals and keep the opposition to 2 in the GF.

F.U AFL and especially you Gillon & Fitzpatprick.

Derby GF would be cool. Freo over WC.
Freo. Easily. For Pav and his loyalty. For treating indigenous players with respect, and coming out hard and supporting Goodesy. Because Ross Lyon is a good coach and treats the arrogant, idiotic media with contempt they deserve. Because they have never had the arrogance of West Coast. Because they haven't won before. Because they're not Victorian.

Freo. They haven't won a flag before. If not them: Anyone but Hawthorn

Freo. Easily. For Pav and his loyalty. For treating indigenous players with respect, and coming out hard and supporting Goodesy. Because Ross Lyon is a good coach and treats the arrogant, idiotic media with contempt they deserve. Because they have never had the arrogance of West Coast. Because they haven't won before. Because they're not Victorian.

These. Unfortunately seems unlikely given their recent form but that gives them the underdog status which is just so Australian to support.

GO DOCKERS.

Any team other than Hawthorn.

They are the most despicable team in the comp, and their supporters are even worse. They were the ones who started the booing of Adam and turned it into a terrible year for a great person.

Derby grand final would be cool. Also from a purely neutral point of view I guess it would be good for North to go all the way from 8th just to prove that premierships can be won from any position, so basically anyone except the Hawks.

Freo v West Coast GF would be perfect for me.
That way we can celebrate our first GF Eve public holiday in the best possible way with no Vic sides involved.
The city will be buzzing with a lack of people.

Eagles 100%
Great story and there supporters aren't arrogant flogs like freo and hawks.
If can't be Eagles then rather Hawks get the threepeat but mainboard would be painful if it happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back