Who do we want to play week 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

bugger this price had risen dramatically lol, you managed to get cheap airfare?

If I was to pay it would've cost $300 return but I used my frequent flyers and flying business class :D

If I was to pay it would've cost $300 return but I used my frequent flyers and flying business class :D

always comes in handy that card lol, should be a good base of blues fans im guessing down at homebush, also probably a wise choice on the car, last time i went to sydney, public transport cost me plenty to just get from the airport to the city

I hate having to avoid the score - the stress of doing it with a final would drive me insane. Still, watching the game in the background without any sound would be a distant second option for me...
I reckon the background option will be exactly what I will end up doing. We always go to the local RSL for lunch and as it is a 90 minute drive each way, the radio generally gets a hearing, and even the FM stations like to break in and update the scores.

Last time I watched a Carlton final in a bar, it was the 93 GF and I got maggotted. Bad luck omen perhaps. Maybe I should get the missus to drive home. Better still, arrive early, leave early, start watching the game at about 3.30pm so at least the game is still going.

Question about finals tickets; can the general public purchase tickets to the game at ANZ stadium? I'm a member but the old lady isn't... (This really might be a stupid question so don't shoot me.)

edit: Yes they can. Tuesday the tickets open for general public. Premium tickets won't sell out by then will they?
contact the club and let me know if you need an extra membership number

Question about finals tickets; can the general public purchase tickets to the game at ANZ stadium? I'm a member but the old lady isn't... (This really might be a stupid question so don't shoot me.)

edit: Yes they can. Tuesday the tickets open for general public. Premium tickets won't sell out by then will they?

Swans members can buy up to 4 tickets per membership, so presumably Blues members can too.

Ticketing at ANZ can be a little odd at times for finals. You can queue for a while on the Monday tickets go on sale only to be told there are no premium seats left, and then find they make more available later in the week.

I think this is the best outcome, all things considered.

Had we won in WA, Hawthorn would be hosting us at the 'G. I think that's the least likely way to win a final out of all the possible permutations IMO.

I'd rather play Sydney at ANZ than Fremantle at Subiaco in truth - I think something about Freo's runners really sees us undone - We still have to be careful of Sydney's youth however.

There are a few positives from the way things have turned out this weekend.

First, we don't have to make that trip again - we've halved our travel time.

We get to meet Sydney at ANZ, which is more like Subiaco (from where we return) than the 'Gabba, and even less alike the SCG. We've fortunately had the 'home ground advantage' minimised by another iffy stadium deal that the Swans' supporters probably aren't too happy with at the moment.

I reckon Harvey's tactics were to prepare his team for the first week of September, moreso than last week. I think Hawthorn will go in favourites after their heroics today, and should Fremantle pull off a win, I think it will speak to the Dockers' clever man management as much as anything.

We went in very inexperienced last match, I hope the MC bolster the lineup with some experienced campaigners just to settle the nerves and steady the team - Especially against a Sydney team with a wealth of experience in big matches.

I think this is the best outcome, all things considered.

Had we won in WA, Hawthorn would be hosting us at the 'G. I think that's the least likely way to win a final out of all the possible permutations IMO.

I'd rather play Sydney at ANZ than Fremantle at Subiaco in truth - I think something about Freo's runners really sees us undone - We still have to be careful of Sydney's youth however.

There are a few positives from the way things have turned out this weekend.

First, we don't have to make that trip again - we've halved our travel time.

We get to meet Sydney at ANZ, which is more like Subiaco (from where we return) than the 'Gabba, and even less alike the SCG. We've fortunately had the 'home ground advantage' minimised by another iffy stadium deal that the Swans' supporters probably aren't too happy with at the moment.

I reckon Harvey's tactics were to prepare his team for the first week of September, moreso than last week. I think Hawthorn will go in favourites after their heroics today, and should Fremantle pull off a win, I think it will speak to the Dockers' clever man management as much as anything.

We went in very inexperienced last match, I hope the MC bolster the lineup with some experienced campaigners just to settle the nerves and steady the team - Especially against a Sydney team with a wealth of experience in big matches.
Will win if we have Fisher in the forward line with Gartlett and Betts picking up fisher chips when they drop.Waite on the wing with Henderson maybe on the other could do a bit of damage their.I would have Gibbs in the middle also and bring Thornton back in defence.

Will win if we have Fisher in the forward line with Gartlett and Betts picking up fisher chips when they drop.Waite on the wing with Henderson maybe on the other could do a bit of damage their.I would have Gibbs in the middle also and bring Thornton back in defence.

Fisher wont get a look in unless the MC look at dropping our top scorer in Betts. .. Simmo is our wingman not Hendo, our CHF. .. I'd love to see Waite back on the wing though. .. Gibbs will stay Quarterback injecting into the middle because he has been playing it well the last couple. ..

We also find ourselves on the right side of the draw :thumbsu:

If we win on Sunday, we will more than likely play the Bulldogs in a Semi (can't see them beating the Pies), who added Ryan Griffen to the injury list last night.

:D

Suggestions needed on accomodation & finals tickets.

Is it best to queue,internet or phone to get those tickets Monday morning?

Accomodation saturday night, something averaged priced & what area is best.

Will blues members get seats in an area with other blues.

Stadium holds 80,000. Luck to get 40,000 on a Father's Day Sunday arvo. Stay in or near the city. Free trains and buses to the ground if you have your afl ticket on you.

I'm staying at the Novotel at Homebush. Nice and close to the ground :)

Getting the tickets on ticketek website 9am tomorrow morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we want to play week 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back