Who do you think is the best indigenous person to ever play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! When I think of the players that I have watched play & others that talk of the players that I haven't seen play. My mind wonders who is the best of them all? Is it, Farmer, Rioli (but which one?), Long Winmar, Krakour, Goodes & many many more.

With my favorite current player about to make it to a very exclusive club of 300 games this weekend.
Shaun Burgoyne, must rank high among the elite of all indigenous players to have ever played our great game? Congrats to him & all those from a very talented mob that make our game so much better from their sublime skill.

Andrew McLeod anyone?

Some food for thought: The best all indigenous team ever vs the best non indigenous team ever. Who wins?

I think Polly and Greg Williams were the only indigenous players in the team of the century - suggesting the non-indigenous team would probably win.
The Greg Williams who called Chris Lewis a "black campaigner"? And denied being indigenous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLeod is one of the best players let alone indigenous players I've ever seen. Would constantly tear us up and the only bad game that I can remember him playing against us was the 07 EF when Vandenburg completely shut him out the game.

If you find the right old timer from WA you'll hear some very strong arguments for Stephen Michael.

2005 they announced an indigenous team of the century https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Team_of_the_Century

upload_2016-4-19_16-59-51.png

Shaun Burgoyne and Buddy would most likely come into that team. Maybe David Wirrpanda as well

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think is the best indigenous person to ever play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back