List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

.... with Pick 12 in the 2018 AFL Draft, the GFC select (can pick one Available, Dreamer and Smokie

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my best effort at the top 20 ranked by talent. There's strong rumours any of Jones, Clark and Caldwell could end up in the top 10, which would push blokes like B.King or Hately to our pick. I'm confident someone will drop and we'll be able to just pick him off.

1. Izak Rankine
2. Jack Lukosius
3. Max King
4. Bailey Smith
5. Sam Walsh
6. Ben King
7. Nick Blakey (Academy)
8. Connor Rozee
9. Jackson Hately
10. Tarryn Thomas (Academy)
11. Jordan Clark
12. Sam Sturt
13. Chayce Jones
14. Isaac Quaynor (Academy)
15. Liam Stocker
16. Jye Caldwell
17. Xavier Duursma
18. Jez McLennan
19. Rhylee West (F/S)
20. Ian Hill/Riley Collier-Dawkins
Your top 8 is exactly the same as my rankings. I have Caldwell instead of have hately and I rate hill higher as a talent. I have stack in my top 20 as well but he may have off field issues

Who I want and may be available
Caldwell - extremely underrated and wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 10
Hill - talented. High damage and I think his game will translate to afl really well
B. King - won't happen but is probably the only one of the gun top 8 who could slide. Genuine marquee forward or back.
Clark - afl ready with a lot of development left in him.
Duursma - solid midfielder. Shows glimpses of having a very hard edge
Mcfayden - Match winner
Stack - would be a massive reach at our pick. Only reason he is not talked about more is for non football related issues. One of a handful of midfielders in this draft who can take over a game.
Sturt - those hands and sweet left foot.

Who I don't want
Hatley - don't rate. Vanilla plodder
Butters - small outside. Yuck
Williams - not worth pick 12
Smith - not worth pick 12
Valenti - not worth pick 12

Who I want and may be available
Caldwell - extremely underrated and wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 10
Hill - talented. High damage and I think his game will translate to afl really well
B. King - won't happen but is probably the only one of the gun top 8 who could slide. Genuine marquee forward or back.
Clark - afl ready with a lot of development left in him.
Duursma - solid midfielder. Shows glimpses of having a very hard edge
Mcfayden - Match winner
Stack - would be a massive reach at our pick. Only reason he is not talked about more is for non football related issues. One of a handful of midfielders in this draft who can take over a game.
Sturt - those hands and sweet left foot.

Who I don't want
Hatley - don't rate. Vanilla plodder
Butters - small outside. Yuck
Williams - not worth pick 12
Smith - not worth pick 12
Valenti - not worth pick 12

You don't rate Stocker?

I want to draft Ratcat to the recruitment department. I long to see a Geelong team with nobody under 6' 11"!

Also we could have players who simply butcher the ball as like Ely Smith or Williams in front of goal. No worries though they are great athletes!! I watched Ely's highlights, yes his highlights and I don't think he hit the target with half of his possessions and I reckon about 2 of his kicks spun in the normal way. Great athlete though!

Listening to road to the draft sounds like saints will pick a mid. And Caldwell was mentioned as going top 10. Is there any chance King could drift out to our pick of these things happen? I did say we won’t take another tall but if King was available we’d surely pick him.
Also it was mentioned that at this stage 20 players have been invited to day 1 of the draft. No invite for Hill

Is it because he has performed brilliantly at league level as an 18 year old? Because he was AA?
I don't think he has any outstanding attributes and my opinion is he'll be a plodder at AFL level. We need class and x-factor.

Someone who is realistic for pick 12. There wouldn't be 50 names.
give us a reasonable list of 7 that should be available at 12..
ad 3 wishes
and 3 smokies

GO Catters

Realistic list of players available at 12:
Realistic:
Hately
Stocker
Clark
RCD
Caldwell
Sturt
Hill

Smokies:
Chayce Jones
Sturt
One of the Xavier's

Wishes:
Max King
Ben King
Bailey Smith

Also we could have players who simply butcher the ball as like Ely Smith or Williams in front of goal. No worries though they are great athletes!! I watched Ely's highlights, yes his highlights and I don't think he hit the target with half of his possessions and I reckon about 2 of his kicks spun in the normal way. Great athlete though!

If you say so then l'm convinced.
Fake News.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he has any outstanding attributes and my opinion is he'll be a plodder at AFL level. We need class and x-factor.

Plodder? He averaged 20 disposals playing SANFL league. He's equally good up forward as he is in the midfield. If he doesn't have any outstanding attributes then what do midfielders Selwood, J.Kennedy, Cunnington, Wines, etc. have? IMO he's ahead of each of these players at the same age.

Why, we drafted nearly the best player in the draft last year at 24. Same again would be great. If and when he leaves we will get heavily rewarded.
Overall it's a setback. Cats have to find 8-10 year players....Certainly whoever gets picked at 12 must be playing by round 1 or at least by the Hawks game on Easter Monday! I would be looking at the best Victorian player left in the draft at pick 12.

Plodder? He averaged 20 disposals playing SANFL league. He's equally good up forward as he is in the midfield. If he doesn't have any outstanding attributes then what do midfielders Selwood, J.Kennedy, Cunnington, Wines, etc. have? IMO he's ahead of each of these players at the same age.
We'll soon see.

give us a reasonable list of 7 that should be available at 12..
ad 3 wishes
and 3 smokies

GO Catters
Should be available at 12 based on peoples selections

Stocker
Sturt
Hill
Collier-Dawkins
Jones
Clark
Williams

3 wishes

Rozee
M. King
Caldwell

4 smokies

Taylor
McHendry
Ely Smith
Butters

Listening to road to the draft sounds like saints will pick a mid. And Caldwell was mentioned as going top 10. Is there any chance King could drift out to our pick of these things happen? I did say we won’t take another tall but if King was available we’d surely pick him.
Also it was mentioned that at this stage 20 players have been invited to day 1 of the draft. No invite for Hill

Its possible. Because of retention issues GC will avoid Kings. Adel and Port have other needs. If one of the Kings is still available after the Dogs pick at 7 then its probably GWS or us. I doubt it but its possible. I wonder if we will try and trade with GWS on the night for #9 if King is still there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Who do you want to draft?

Back