Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not renewing in the coming year after I dropped down a level from last year.

And this is regardless of who is coach next year. In my view the club has to win me back through performance, not simply making a coaching change.

Robbie Gray was the last thing that remained about the club that I enjoyed. In his final year his final game was the only game I attended, and I cancelled my membership after that, never to return.
I have made my peace with the Wests Tigers (the merger put me offside with them many years ago) and have reinvested with them and the great game of rugby league.
I won't be back, but am sort of addicted to this forum, so will hang around here.
I wish all of you the best and hope you have a good outcome.
That's exactly what I did, haha.

Saw Robbie's last game out of respect for the absolute champion (it was the only game I went to that year.)

Then pulled the pin.

Only difference is I don't emotionally nor financially invest in sport at all anymore.

It's all about vintage toys, random 80s crap and mid-century furniture and design for me, lol...

Screen Shot 2024-09-06 at 9.50.17 am.png

I cancelled three 11 game memberships two years ago but kept one 3 game GA. Purely because I'm a sucker for keeping the pins on my scarf. Even that's in jeopardy now.

Ive been a go every week supporter since 1987, have been a paid up member since day 1, bought multiple memberships when we were struggling. The current regime has literally killed any enjoyment i have for supporting them enthusiastically. I go to games and i mostly sit in silence. The enjoyment i had in the latter day Choc/Primus days when we lost by 10 goals every second week is 100x what i currently have.

Financially i cant justify it and emotionally i checked out a few years ago. We’ll buy tickets for a few games and that’ll do. I dont care about losing our seats or having access to finals tickets.

My sons u12 team won its GF with the last kick of the match a couple weeks ago against a team they didnt beat twice during the year. If only PAFC showed that sort of grit and determination.

Ive been a go every week supporter since 1987, have been a paid up member since day 1, bought multiple memberships when we were struggling. The current regime has literally killed any enjoyment i have for supporting them enthusiastically. I go to games and i mostly sit in silence. The enjoyment i had in the latter day Choc/Primus days when we lost by 10 goals every second week is 100x what i currently have.

Financially i cant justify it and emotionally i checked out a few years ago. We’ll buy tickets for a few games and that’ll do. I dont care about losing our seats or having access to finals tickets.

My sons u12 team won its GF with the last kick of the match a couple weeks ago against a team they didnt beat twice during the year. If only PAFC showed that sort of grit and determination.

Hey, I even remember meeting you in the 'dark' years at North Adelaide, there were 6 of us there!

The PAFC is all about timing - finals come around and it’s time for the team to ride off down the road to oblivion, get home from the footy and in my mail is the invoice for my 2025 GA membership (has been seriously downgraded over the years). I won’t be going next week and the 2025 membership can lapse.
Completely over it

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep done.

Been going since the eighties when I was a teen and would ride my bike to the oval and sit on that metal fence behind the northern goal mound then worked my way around to in front of the Quinn stand as an adult with that group (you know who you are).

Saw kids start their journey from prams to kicking on the oval , watched as people got older but were in their spots each week.

Excited for change, enjoyed Adelaide Oval. Convinced two of the three lads to join me.

Got reasonable seats, upgraded those seats, found a good group to sit with.

All done. All gone.

Matthew, David you don't care do you.

You don't care about people like me. No more money, No merch. No Melbourne trips with the boys.

Don't think I will be back. It's more than the coach.

Massive, Massive work for the club to do to fix this.

Was a member since 2009, the only thing I ever got for my loyalty was the opportunity to buy exclusive membership gear at shit prices.

After we lost the first showdown this year, I emailed them in my cross state and asked what are the options available in terms of a refund on the rest of my membership if I was to cancel. They straight up said this is how much you get back, let me know whether to proceed. I said yes. They said all done.

15 years of membership and that was that. What were those old ads? "You're a member, not a number."

ReCoRd BrEaKiNg MeMbErShIp NuMbErS

Weird.

I keep reading articles telling me how wonderful Hinkley is, and what a delight it must be to support a club that is almost always ‘contending’.

I guess some people have just woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

Stop being a member/season ticket holder after 19 years last season , jhf port debut in rd 1 2023 my past home game.

Mum unfortunately has stage 4 cancer as of march 2024 and it was her and I going to port games since 2000 and every home game since 02

Even if hinkley is sacked I don't think I can mentally return without her and the stench of hinkley, koch and co at ports
Sorry to hear that, very sad for you both.

As i've stated in the membership thread, they offered me a free 3-game membership a couple of months ago via email. When i didn't respond they sent me a follow up email congratulating me for joining "the Port Adelaide family" and added my name to the season's membership figure. Yesterday in the mail i got a renewal notice for the membership i didn't want and didn't sign up for.
That's outrageous. What has our club & the Afl become. It's all just BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back