Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a FYI. Those who have cancelled memberships by emailing membership to cancel autorenewal make sure you check it is has been done. I received a SMS from the club telling me they were taking the first payment out on October 10th. I just rang the club and was told they "forgot" to action it; even after I had received email confirmation on the 12th that my 3 memberships had been cancelled. It appears they will try and get memberships in any way they can.

I haven't been a member since 2022, but I did keep the 'Pledge Per Win' thing going. That seems to be on auto renewal too unless you contact the club to stop it. My credit card just happened to expire at the end of September, so if "Kenny" is still in situ next season I shouldn't need to do a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a PSA if you're looking not to renew your membership. Even if you didn't opt in for auto-renewal, you'll still be automatically signed up for it and will need to contact the membership department directly to be taken off as there's no way to do this yourself through the membership portal (see below).

Pretty shady business practice if you ask me.

1728266895442.png

Just a PSA if you're looking not to renew your membership. Even if you didn't opt in for auto-renewal, you'll still be automatically signed up for it and will need to contact the membership department directly to be taken off as there's no way to do this yourself through the membership portal (see below).

Pretty shady business practice if you ask me.

View attachment 2134090
Yep. That's what I found. Tried calling today because I forgot it was a public holiday over in SA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back