Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember the days when they'd get the players on the phones to call up those members who''d allowed their renewals to lapse? They're even too ashamed of themselves to do that nowadays.

Hello, who is this?

This is Jed mcentee from the port Adelaide football club

Hangs up

This was the correspondence I had with the club when my limit was reached

9/8/22

Hi Membership Team,

I have 2 x Accounts linked to my PAFC Membership

I would like to cancel the Auto Renew option for the 2023 season for both accounts

At this stage I do not wish to cancel the Membership, but that will be subject to the clubs actions over the next month

Like many others, I have become increasingly disillusioned with the direction and messaging coming from the club over the last few years

Our club has now reached a vitally important crossroad

I firmly believe the appointment of a new Head Coach for the 2023 season is paramount

If this eventuates, I will happily continue my financial and emotional support into the future

As a lifelong PAFC supporter this is a very difficult decision

But change is required and this is my way of making an active stand

Please call me on if necessary

Thanks,

Alberton Proud

Reply 3 days later

Hi AP,

Thanks for your email.

As per your request, I have opted you out of auto-renewal for the 2023 season.

As someone who has been with us for 9+ years, we’re very sad to hear of your dissatisfaction with the club.

You will have ample time and opportunity to consider your renewal for the 2023 season.

If there’s anything else I can do regarding your membership, now or in the future, feel free to reach out.

Thank you,

Nathan

They then committed to Stinkers later that day so I followed through

Hi Nathan,

Appreciate your reply

Unlike our Chairman, I am a man of my word

With the confirmation of our head coach’s tenure being continued next season, we now wish to cancel both of our Membership / Season Tickets for 2023 (details in email below)

Can you please confirm this request via return email

As I said in my initial email, this is not an easy or enjoyable decision

Win lose or draw, the PAFC has given me and my family so much joy over the years

But the club has lost its way
Forgotten its roots
Been held to ransom by egos
Gaslit and whiteanted its most loyal supporters and servants

Until real and significant change happens we will not be attending future games, the club or reinstating any financial support

Thanks for your understanding

AP

Then came August last year and the Double Down

Hi,

Last year I cancelled 2 x long standing memberships with PAFC due to a deep dissatisfaction with the club and the direction and decisions being made

You can read emails relating to this below

As we have entered August, the so-called month where the decision on Ken Hinkley’s future will be decided, I felt it would be a good time to comment again

I stand ready to re-instate my membership in full and resume my support for the club I love when, and only when, the following happens

Ken Hinkley is sacked / retired / not extended in any shape or form, or

A succession plan with Josh Carr (or another suitable coach) named as Head Coach in a plan of no longer than one year, or

PAFC win the 2023 Premiership

Re-appointing Ken in any other circumstance would see me continue my disengagement

Please feel free to distribute this email to relevant staff or managers as you see fit

Regards,

AP

and here we stand ............

NvfsgGR.png

I've noticed the language in these sponsored member posts is always talking about the 'wild ride'. One of them said something about 'experiencing the rollercoaster' and this I just saw says "Live on the edge of your seat". They just market it as some wild ride of unexpected craziness, not anything to do with the journey to September or the Premiership or anything like that.

NvfsgGR.png

I've noticed the language in these sponsored member posts is always talking about the 'wild ride'. One of them said something about 'experiencing the rollercoaster' and this I just saw says "Live on the edge of your seat". They just market it as some wild ride of unexpected craziness, not anything to do with the journey to September or the Premiership or anything like that.

Look at the target market in the image. Says it all, they want to replace the rusted on grumpy members with new peeps with young families.

NvfsgGR.png

If only it was anything other than entirely predictable.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

NvfsgGR.png

mr bones.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Who else won’t renew their membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back