Who is our best midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Harvey for mine. His 20 possessions hurt the opposition alot more than a Grant or Simmo 20 possession game. Having said that, the beauty of our midfield is that they work as a team, like cogs in an engine, each one plays their role.

Wrath

Grant and Harvey simply because they damage teams with their disposals more often. But agree with Wrath's comments and I wont be voting, sorry ;)

I would have to say Boomer. It was so hard to pick out of Shannon, Boomer and Simmo. As everyone has said his possessions are more damaging then Simmo and Shagga. But on the same topic like Wrath said our midfield is smooth and runs perfectly (most of the time) :D Good poll Benno gets people thinking. :confused:

I love Jess Sinclair #9

In the spirit of the POLL, having to choose only one player, I can't go past our game breaker, Boomer Harvey. We're blessed with talent in the midfield right now, with a freakishly talented clearance man in Simmo, an Energizer Bunny (never stops running and racking up posessions.....which he also uses so well) in Shagger Grant, a human battering ram in and under in Stevo Snr, along with a great supporting cast, led by "The Gloves" Firrito and Rawlings, the young "Stevo Snr clone" in Daniel Harris, and the class of our running brigade.

BUT.......for the standout.....I can't go past the pure match winning ability of Boomer!

I am going to say Grant

He has been the one to take the next step (next several steps actually) so far this season and his ability to find space - run the opposition taggers into the ground and then use the ball well.

Doesn't get the ball as much as Simpson but is much more damaging with it.

Not as electrifying as Boomer but kicks with a bit more penetration and is more accurate.

You couldn't do much worse than floating down to the bookie and putting some cash on him for the brownlow

At their best

1.Grant
2.Harvey
3.Simpson
4.Stevo

consistently good,

1.Simpson
2.Harvey
3.Stevo
4.Grant.

Grant can take a game apart better than Boomer.
Remember 2001 my friends. Remember 2001.
On the right track to replicate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is our best midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back