• Richmond

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • Essendon

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, a real 'rivalry' includes respect for your opponent. I have no respect for Essendon.

Collingwood it is!
My sentiments exactly. Big difference between "rivalry" and "hatred"...
I don't think there's a bigger historical rivalry in football than Carlton Collingwood.
I don't feel a rivalry with Richmond, for the same reasons you've stated about Essendon. No respect for them at all.
I never really disliked Essendon, I saw them in the same context as the Pies. But after all the shit they've done recently, I can't cop them either now.

Collingwood for me...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a rivalry with all the big clubs Collingwood , dopers and Richmond and others but for me it's the one club that at the mention of their name it makes my blood boil and my temperament completely change .

collingwood's the old enemy

richmond was next when sheedy was playing for the tigers
& then essendon moved to 2nd when sheedy was coaching them

so maybe sheedy is our 2nd biggest rival !!

Britannia Football Club... AKA Collingwood Football Club.

Always has been, always will be our rivals.

It isn't about hatred of our opposition... although there has to be a little there for the rivalry to work... there does need to be some respect for your rivals. There is no respect for the serial cheats at windy hill... and there is no respect whatsoever for the feral thugs at punt road.

It has always been Collingwood
Richmond moved closer after the Fowler GF incident - a side that Sheedy was in
which partly contributed to Essendon being disliked and now hated thanks to their drugs denial

My take - having watched us since the 60's but more so from being raised by a Carlton dad and remembering the pre-game banter between him and the Collingwood supporters in the fish and chip shop on Friday nights (we lived in Collingwood's Diamond Valley zone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who is our biggest rival?

Back