Who is Smokey for Brownlow Medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd and Ablett = faves
for every game ablett is missed, i can count games where judd has had his flags lowered this season. this will be an interested poll.

swan has 2 things that will make him miss it.
1-doesnt do enough with the ball
2-davis and didak. will keep votes from him. still, expect him to poll top 10.

smokey:
Lovett - featured heavily in essendons wins. we have enough this year and not a lot of guys to take votes from him. very long odd smokey though.

Thompson from crows

Rich may go top 5. would not be surprised to see him win it either. great season from the lions, big possession games where has had a decent impact. anyone from the lions other than black who can take votes from him?
would put a bet on the brownlow/RS double for the hell of it.

i got a feeling riewoldt might poll big this year.. he's at about $15 isnt he..?..

hard to pick if boyd will get votes or not.. umpires seem to have certain players they are in love with, and dont notice certain type of players either.. he could get lots or none.. but he'd be my pick from the bulldogs

i got a feeling riewoldt might poll big this year.. he's at about $15 isnt he..?..

hard to pick if boyd will get votes or not.. umpires seem to have certain players they are in love with, and dont notice certain type of players either.. he could get lots or none.. but he'd be my pick from the bulldogs

That's true, but last year he picked up something like 12-14 votes so they started noticing him even with Cooney polling so many, and Boyd has been much better again this year, expect him to poll well, hasen't played a bad game all year.

If Judd wasn't taking all our votes, I'd say Murphy will poll well.

Or Fev if he keeps this form up. 5+ goals usually gets the job done vote-wise, right?

Maybe for the 1 or 2 votes. 5 goals from a midfielder or a player like Steve Johnson, holds them in good stead, but unfortunately for full forwards, they have to do a hell of a lot more to get the votes. I wouldn't even think 9 goals is a guarantee these days, though Fev would have deserved 3 last week.

Rich may go top 5. would not be surprised to see him win it either. great season from the lions, big possession games where has had a decent impact. anyone from the lions other than black who can take votes from him?
would put a bet on the brownlow/RS double for the hell of it.
Drummond, Power and Brown are likely to get a few votes.

Drummond in particular would have polled well early on and Brown is one of the few forwards who can get less than 5 goals and still attract votes.

Holy crap!!! I just looked at Sportstab and Brian Lake is 2001/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's not worth a lazy tenner, I don't know what is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when do 'smokies' win the Brownlow?
1426_10002.jpg

:eek::eek:

Daniel Rich is a good call. Could be polling really well. Only trouble is I think it might well be 30-odd votes that gets it, and even though he may get 20-odd that won't be enough.

Will be tough to beat Judd - Carlton will win 12-13 (I reckon) and he'll poll well in most of those, as well as picking up a few other votes.

as dumb as it sounds, ide say tambling a smokie to scrape into the top 10, couldve had a number of BOG in the last couple months.

okeefe sounds good. didak is waaaay too high on that list for a few good games. porplijia(???) and edwards from the crows have been consistently good throughout the year, watson another top 10 smokey has had quite a few good games.

It is a midfielders award.. however that changed around a little bit last year with Buddy polling very well finishing around 5th?? and last years runner up being a big bloke also might just sway a few more votes forward.

Smokey for me would be Riewoldt. Very consistant.. Saints will get a lot of 3,2,1 shut outs. The big blonde fella seems to have an excellent relationship with the wistle blowers. I think he will go close.

Not to win but to get somewhere close could be Marc Murphy. Has fought out with Judd for the votes most weeks but Juddy will probably get more just due to being a bit more flashy and the umpires love him when it comes to votes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is Smokey for Brownlow Medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back