Who is taking the Saints GF defeat the hardest?

Who is taking the Saints 2009 GF defeat the hardest?

• St Kilda Fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn Fans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it Saints fans, or Hawthorn fans?

Check out the Hawks board:

Thread titles include:
"HELP!" My wife supports Geelong"
"The Stolen Premiership"
"Zac Dawson: We Got it Right"
"So the Cats are gloating that winning 2 flags in three years is the greatest ..... "

and my personal favourite:
"I really hate Geelong"

the thread title should be:

"who is taking it more maturely"?

Obviously our board has more to discuss as opposed to the hawks board as well in the offseason

Thread titles include:
"The Stolen Premiership"
"So the Cats are gloating that winning 2 flags in three years is the greatest ..... "

"I really hate Geelong"

Funny u ask mate, i'm shattered we didn't go back to back but rapt the Saints didn't get the chocolates.

Lol what a stupid poll. I was wanting the Cats to win since the Grand Final teams were decided last week. Despite their numerous trailer trash supporters, I have a lot of respect for the Geelong team and the fast, exciting way they play footy. St. Kilda on the otherhand are as boring as batsh*t to watch. I love the one-way pseudo rivalry that exists between Geelong and Hawthorn supporters, they hate us because of what we did to them last year, but we really have no logical reason to hate them. You can't build a true rivalry on that basis.

ditto

Glad you've taken the time to document what is appearing on the Hawks board.

Care to take the time to document every other team's threads? Creative trolling, but seriously, get a life champ.

Thread titles include:
"The Stolen Premiership"

"I really hate Geelong"

This post screams of insecurity. They beat you last year. Get over it.

Only the hawk fans who wanted us to win are appearing in this thread, the rest of them are to ashamed to admit they are shattered we won.

Make no mistake the majority of hawk supporters wanted the saints to get up. Yes it should be a one way hatred between our clubs but for some reason Hawk fans are intimidated by our success of late. They didn't get the respect that most teams do after winning a flag and they take it out on us.

The difference between Hawk and Cat fans celebrating their respective flags is simple. Hawk fans rejoiced in us losing whilst we take little pleasure in watching the saints lose and celebrate OUR success not someone else's failure. True??? You know it.

Only the hawk fans who wanted us to win are appearing in this thread, the rest of them are to ashamed to admit they are shattered we won.

Make no mistake the majority of hawk supporters wanted the saints to get up. Yes it should be a one way hatred between our clubs but for some reason Hawk fans are intimidated by our success of late. They didn't get the respect that most teams do after winning a flag and they take it out on us.

The difference between Hawk and Cat fans celebrating their respective flags is simple. Hawk fans rejoiced in us losing whilst we take little pleasure in watching the saints lose and celebrate OUR success not someone else's failure. True??? You know it.

Are you saying we had more enjoyment from you losing last year, than we felt about winning it ourselves? Is that honestly your opinion??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was barracking for the Saints due to their history (like a lot of people I know), wasn't unhappy to see the Cats get up, they have deserved every bit of their success. To suggest that a non-competing teams supporters are taking defeat harder than the Saints is ridiculous.

Are you saying we had more enjoyment from you losing last year, than we felt about winning it ourselves? Is that honestly your opinion??

All i will say is i have never ever witnessed a team celebrate a team's loss like your team did. Of course you would be happy with ya own team winning but more then any other year your fans celebrated another teams loss unusually hard.

Did you hear talkback radio after the 08 Grand Final?
I copped an almighty backlashrom hawk mates after not having said alot to begin with.
Finally on Big Footy well that was just insane.

Cats fans are mostly avoiding rubbing the saints fans noses in it. The same cannot be said for your club.

I guess the Hawk fans are generally young though riding on the coat tails of the 80s and have a general lack of appreciation of how hard it is to win a flag. Other teams i guess understand heartbreak alot more.

Great grand final geelong worthy winners.As for the rest of you non hawks supporters "get a life" we beat the cats when it counted something the saints or power couldnt do.Focus on your own clubs and their success and leave hawthorn to their members and supporters. GO HAWKS 2010

You don't think they are?

Not really.

Some no doubt, but I reckon the vast majority simply like taking shots at Geelong supporters due to the pathetic attempts to discredit their performance last year.

Can't say I blame them TBH

Not really.

Some no doubt, but I reckon the vast majority simply like taking shots at Geelong supporters due to the pathetic attempts to discredit their performance last year.

JediDunne, the main point is 'who is more shattered about the result?'

From all the carry on from a lot of Hawks fans, and the composed response from Saints fans, I reckon it's pretty obvious who is more cut up by the result.

Oh, and need I mention Hawthorn's own Bosk who charmingly created the "Geelong Robbed You" thread on the Saints board moments after the GF defeat

Hurting doesn't mean you need to act like a dick!

Based on their performance last year, it seems some Geelong supporters can't grasp that concept.

Trust me we're cut.

Hawthorn supporters are just giving some of your own back!

Not really.

I will tell you how it is Jeff. Hawk fans have been an arrogant type for as long as i have been on BF. They win and all they did is bag us for choking and we bite back. So we then discredit them coz they don't handle success. Now we leave the saints alone and not bag you as much as what the hawks fans did to us. Am i right? Yes i know i am.

We didnt deserve it the hawk fans are just flogs and if they had of beaten you guys in the GF instead of us you guys would have copped a massive barrage from them.

Hawthorn fans have a terrible reputation on this site Jeff for all they do so i say yes you can blame them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is taking the Saints GF defeat the hardest?

Back