Who is the worst field kick in the AFL??

Remove this Banner Ad

is that why his efficiency is at 68%

Fisher or Russell at Carlton

Certainly. That will improve as his body develops.

Regardless, Crowley's is worse, Headland's is worse, Pavlich's is worse, Solomon's is worse etc

If you honestly think the above are bigger butchers then the likes of Schammer, McManus, Tarrant and Peake, you need to watch more footy

Certainly. That will improve as his body develops.

Regardless, Crowley's is worse, Headland's is worse, Pavlich's is worse, Solomon's is worse etc

If you honestly think the above are bigger butchers then the likes of Schammer, McManus, Tarrant and Peake, you need to watch more footy

i wasn't comparing them pal........i made a comment about palmer based on fact and then threw in two blues players that struggle.

sorry for the opinion mr football.

couple of imports
setanta was pretty bad last time i saw
and brad moran was hopeless last year but has definitely improved his kicking

i wasn't comparing them pal........i made a comment about palmer based on fact and then threw in two blues players that struggle.

sorry for the opinion mr football.

I never assumed you were comparing them :confused:

I was merely pointing out that if you're going to form an opinion of Palmer based on stats, you should be aware that the stats are meaningless and misleading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adelaide - nick gill
brisbane - justin sherman
carlton - marc murphy
collingwood - alan toovey
essendon - jobe watson
fremantle - rhys palmer
geelong - mark blake
hawthorn - zac dawson
melbourne - nathan jones
north melbourne - andrew swallow
port adelaide - brett ebert
richmond - jarrad oakley-nicholls
st kilda - raphael clarke
sydney - lewis roberts-thompson
western bulldogs - will minson
west coast - matt priddis

If you can't think of anyone, don't just put down some guy who played about 12 games 2 years ago. And certainly don't put down someone who kicked 8 goals against your mobs reserves less than 3 days ago.

For Hawthorn, Tim Clarke is accurate enough but can only carry about 35 metres. Chance Bateman was up there last year, but has turned it around to be one of our best.

I never assumed you were comparing them :confused:

I was merely pointing out that if you're going to form an opinion of Palmer based on stats, you should be aware that the stats are meaningless and misleading.

if you never assumed i was comparing them, what does this line mean then

plus i would have thought 'stats' re: efficiency would have been a good guide to see who actually gets the ball from A to B.......maybe not according to you though!

Fair enough!

The worst kick on the lions list is Wayde Mills - probably why he hasn't played a game for a while lol. Out of the regulars Daniel Merret for me. The opposition dont even bother to man the mark - they want him to kick!

Henry Playfair and Charlie Gardiner when they used to play for Geelong were terrible. Not sure if they have improved at their new clubs :)

If you can't think of anyone, don't just put down some guy who played about 12 games 2 years ago. And certainly don't put down someone who kicked 8 goals against your mobs reserves less than 3 days ago.

For Hawthorn, Tim Clarke is accurate enough but can only carry about 35 metres. Chance Bateman was up there last year, but has turned it around to be one of our best.

before you start having a go at me mate have you ever considered it a compliment that it is hard to come up with a bad kick at hawthorn?

tim clarke's efficiency at 74% is not bad regardless of length so not sure why you think he is your worst. the only player that i could remember being a consistently average kick on your list is dawson. don't care whether he played yesterday or 10 years ago he is still on your senior list.

and it was more our vfl top up list Vs box hill than anything else so not sure why that is relevant

plus i would have thought 'stats' re: efficiency would have been a good guide to see who actually gets the ball from A to B.......maybe not according to you though!

No. I think watching a game is a far better guide.

I'd take the 68% of a Palmer who plays inside and is always under the pump then the 78% of Peake who skirts around the outside of packs and disposes under no pressure.

That is merely 1 reason why these stats mean bugger all.

Interestingly, most of the above "poor performers" I listed are at the top of Freo's contested possession leader board. The ones with better disposal are further down

As I said, watching a game of footy is a far better guide then stats will ever be

Regardless, aren't those stats disposal efficiency, not kicking efficiency?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the worst field kick in the AFL??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back