Remove this Banner Ad

PremierPie13

Senior List
Mar 20, 2011
Victoria Park
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is your favourite Magpie player?

Just curious who the fan favourite is at the club, not that this clarifies it but it would give me a bit of an idea. From last years grand final replay when they were awarding medals I could've sworn it was Swanny!

Steele Sidebottom, seems like a genuinely good bloke and seems like he really enjoys going out to play every game.

My favourite half dozen in no particular order would be Wellingham, Pendles, Heater, Sidebottom, Daisy and Krakouer/Ball/Dawes/Cloke/Reid/Maxy/Jolly probably.

Favourite...ewww, Sidey probably.

Possibly was Pendles last year. Daisy coming up fast. No harder working player in the AFL at the moment IMO.

Seems the poll didn't work PP13, list the options you wanted to include and i'll put it up for you.

Okay, but the poll can only have 20 options I'm pretty sure so some people will miss out :p

Pendles
Thomas
Swan
Beams
Didak
Sidebottom
Dawes
Cloke
Krakouer
Toovey
Maxwell
Heater
O'Brien
Reid
Taz
Davis
Jolly
Johnno
Wellingham
Blair

since i can remember-06 = taz, with clement a close second
07-present= pendles, with reid and shaw getting a place in the top 3, nate brown, beams and sidey thereabouts

Used to be Heater but since his arrival at the Club Rusty's taken over.
I have really, really high hopes for the kid and the fact he goes about everything in a non-fuss manner is only a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you decide on only one!

If you asked me last year it would have been either Tark's or Presti, this year probably Blair or Thomas. I just love the way they go about their footy, they always put in their best performance no matter what the circumstances.

Saying that, I do have a soft spot for Did's, Neon, Taz and BJ after 02/03, they are the four plays I find myself rooting for every game

In previous years I have always had really obscure favourites. This year can't say anyone in particular stands out.

I'm really far too analytical to pick favourites these days and players need to earn my respect to become favourites.

Of the senior pies who were listed as options Dale Thomas and Andrew Krakouer would be amongst my favourites.

Dale Thomas has really earned my respect over this past two years in particular with the work he has put into his game. Been able to turn flash and fantastic talent into influence on both sides of the ball.

Andrew Krakouer i've loved the way he has turned around his life. Always been a fantastic talent and it's great to see him finally reaching his potential. Fun to watch!

Scott Pendlebury I also admire for his work ethic and approach to the game. Again an immense talent, but he utilises 100% of it which is why he is such a special player.

How can you decide on only one!

Haha just who you enjoy the most at the moment I guess, although its also fine to have an all time favourite :thumbsu:
Mine have been Heath, Didak, Pendelbury and Thomas over the past few years. All class but Thomas is just too exciting this year! His disposal seems much more precise and his ability to influence a game is massive with his multi-positional utility role. He should be able to play anywhere on the field in supercoach :D

Funny thing is... after you win a flag.... all the players seem great so its hard to have a favourite.... whereas a few years back it would have been Buckley by a mile and a half.

If I had to narrow it down... I'd go Pendles... with Heath and Taz following.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back