Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was an article about him last month saying we should consider him

Jaymie Graham from West Coast apparently interviewed well
I wonder whether he would come as an assistant under Pyke who also worked at WCE?
He's quite impressive - glad they interviewed him - he's done some hard yards.

Jaymie Graham from West Coast apparently interviewed well
I wonder whether he would come as an assistant under Pyke who also worked at WCE?

He would not come over to be just an Assistant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Liam Pickerings radio interview excerpt on Footy Classified was very interesting.

As the manager of Teague, he was disgusted at how the press was treating him in daily stories, and felt this would never happen to a seasoned Coach.

That is my fear with a Newbie, once a team starts to struggle they become fair game for the media and it’s all over.
Just as we’ve seen with Neeld, Watters, Shaw and now Teague and the drums are now starting to beat for Dew.

And without a strong President that the media fears/respects a Newbie choice becomes even more problematic.
Just watch how Kennet protects Mitchell next season.

I want the next Clarko, but fear the media will crucify him before he proves his worth.

There was an article about him last month saying we should consider him

That’s the one I was thinking of. Thanks Jen!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has a track record of getting teams into GrandFinals (lost one by a bounce).
Most ex players…big wraps on him.
Will get Carlton into finals…maybe not 2022…but 2023 I’m sure

Inherited St Kilda and Freo jobs when they were both already finals teams. Trying to take Carlton to finals a different challenge.

It’s probably been said already, but with Pyke at $1.70, (admittedly out from $1.50) and The pies linked to Matt crouch and potentially Tom Lynch (ADL)

Is he over the line?

This outcome feels the most solid to me as a veteran coach is more likely to survive a rotten year or two.
He clearly coaches Offence too which would be fun with a young group.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s probably been said already, but with Pyke at $1.70, (admittedly out from $1.50) and The pies linked to Matt crouch and potentially Tom Lynch (ADL)

Is he over the line?

This outcome feels the most solid to me as a veteran coach is more likely to survive a rotten year or two.

Yeah, I've settled with Pyke as my favourite. McRae as my second favourite. Those Adelaide teams played some really exciting football.

Is he over the line?

Yes, I agree. The two young players we have been linked to at Sydney are midfielders so Pyke would have been working closely with them. And the club have pushed back their timeline to announce a coach as Sydney’s finals chances have improved.

So in summary we are linked to four players Pyke has first hand hand experience with and will make an announcement when Pyke’s season is finished. It’s pretty obvious why he is the bookies favourite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back