Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have heard good things of Brendan McCartney as a development coach

Was very well regarded before he took on the top job at the Doggies. Slotted back into an assistant role after that (Melbourne I think) but he's been pretty anonymous since then.

Simpson is finished at West Coast, so good chance he will be at Pies next year. Pyke coming home to WC Eagles. So an ex Eagle told me today. Wait and see.
Surely not. He's under performed in the last 2 years with that team and they have a horrible game style. This would be horrible imo

Hi everyone , just wanted to give my thoughts on who should be our next coach.
From what i can see Clarkson who is most of our preffered candidate wont be comming to us, so i am not going to consider him .
I would like to see Mark Williams as our senior coach and either Hodge or Roughead as Williams succesor.
Why ?i love the way Williams sees the game, i think his man mangement skills and relationship with players his the comlete antethesis of Buckley which i think is a good thing.
In regards to Roughead ( hawthorn) and Hodge as Williams succesor in 2 or 3 years? i love what these guys bring to the table as leaders. Lets not forget Hawthorn had no problem replacing Mitchell as captain for Hodge.

Lyon to Carlton is gaining a lot of steam. Clarko is probably sitting out for a year or two.
This would almost vindicate the whole salary cap debacle. Seeing Lyon get Carlton close to a premiership only to break their heart, then he burns the club to the ground as he leaves. Beautiful!

This would almost vindicate the whole salary cap debacle. Seeing Lyon get Carlton close to a premiership only to break their heart, then he burns the club to the ground as he leaves. Beautiful!

We can only hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there he shall stay forever until he finishes his game of Jumanji. After all, who wants to go looking for him up Monkeys crack!
Count me out - Mrs Monkey probably not interested either.

I think Lyon could deliver Carlton a flag or 2.
I’m having nightmares.

Is that because he's done it before? Or is it because he would have an elite midfield group to work with at Carlton like he had at St Kilda and Freo?

IMO Lyon is the quintessential merc who not a couple of months ago wasn't interested in coaching at all, but has now suddenly "rediscovered his passion" (complete with a BS "pep-talk" from Lethal which sparked that new found "passion") for coaching at AFL level again now that it's clear Carlton might be ready to throw what is essentially a blank cheque at him?

Is that because he's done it before? Or is it because he would have an elite midfield group to work with at Carlton like he had at St Kilda and Freo?

IMO Lyon is the quintessential merc who not a couple of months ago wasn't interested in coaching at all, but has now suddenly "rediscovered his passion" (complete with a BS "pep-talk" from Lethal which sparked that new found "passion") for coaching at AFL level again now that it's clear Carlton might be ready to throw what is essentially a blank cheque at him?
Has a track record of getting teams into GrandFinals (lost one by a bounce).
Most ex players…big wraps on him.
Will get Carlton into finals…maybe not 2022…but 2023 I’m sure

Has a track record of getting teams into GrandFinals (lost one by a bounce).
Most ex players…big wraps on him.
Will get Carlton into finals…maybe not 2022…but 2023 I’m sure

Gee they have some holes to fill in the midfield if that is going to happen. Cripps is 100% cooked and will be a really bad contract number they'll have to carry for the next 5-6 years. Walsh pretty much doing it on his own most of the time, but if Carlton look like even being remotely competitive then he'll be copping a hard tag pretty much every week which he has shown he can't fight through at this stage.

Looking at Lyon specifically, yes has a put together a couple of grand final teams but they still haven't gotten over the hump despite being fairly dominant top of the ladder sides during the regular season.

Saying that Lyon is a coach who will get them to a flag because he's been close and has lost one GF due to bad luck and another due to really poor kicking for goal in the first half is like saying Buckley is a coach who can take a team to a flag because he also lost one due to questionable non-call of a free kick and an opposition player subsequently threading the needle from 50m out on the boundary line.

That's not even accounting for the fact that Carlton simply doesn't have anywhere near the quality that those St Kilda or Freo teams had and likely never will for this current playing group.

Could Lyon get Carlton into the finals? Maybe.

Will they be a contender under him (or anyone) in the near future? Probably not.

Caro not handling the Tiges demise and starting to target the coach, would we have a word with him? We have some lovely staffers to entice him with.

Jaymie Graham from West Coast apparently interviewed well
I wonder whether he would come as an assistant under Pyke who also worked at WCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back