Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Clarko now on 360... The sink should be thrown at him, and if that doesn't work, throw the next one and keep throwing them at him.

Such an astute and passionate person which you don't normally see that side of him. He certainly seems to still have that thirst for coaching and he would fast track our re-build.

No disrespect to others but geez he'd be worth whatever dollars are paid

If you have a look at his work history and education.. has the bloke slept over the last 17 yrs? He's like a spunge. Diverse. That's why he's so good.

As much as I dislike Hawthorn.. one of the greatest games I've ever seen.. 2014 Grand Fiinal v Sydney. Flawless.

If you have a look at his work history and education.. has the bloke slept over the last 17 yrs? He's like a spunge. Diverse. That's why he's so good.

As much as I dislike Hawthorn.. one of the greatest games I've ever seen.. 2014 Grand Fiinal v Sydney. Flawless.
Only time he slept was during Tom Mitchell's Brownlow speech. :sleeping:

He spoke about the cluster and they showed the footage in R1 2008. Basically showed 3 defenders moved up leaving their opponents to strangle kick ins from opponents.

They said they trialled that internally and had 10 or 12 guarding kick ins and the rest of the team tried to break through and they couldn't move. So they rolled it out.

Listening to Clarko now on 360... The sink should be thrown at him, and if that doesn't work, throw the next one and keep throwing them at him.

Such an astute and passionate person which you don't normally see that side of him. He certainly seems to still have that thirst for coaching and he would fast track our re-build.

No disrespect to others but geez he'd be worth whatever dollars are paid
He just doesn't want us, we were explicitly told he doesn't want us, which is a little strange if he's weighing things up and hasn't said that about other clubs in the hunt. The bad blood with Wright must be true, I can't think of any other reason he'd put a line through us and no one else.

He just doesn't want us, we were explicitly told he doesn't want us, which is a little strange if he's weighing things up and hasn't said that about other clubs in the hunt. The bad blood with Wright must be true, I can't think of any other reason he'd put a line through us and no one else.
Wonder if Carlton sign Lyon, whether he reconsiders.

Staggering that he'd rule us out like that. I'd have thought there was worse blood with Kennett and he's tolerated that.

Wonder if Carlton sign Lyon, whether he reconsiders.

Staggering that he'd rule us out like that. I'd have thought there was worse blood with Kennett and he's tolerated that.

There's a difference between tolerating it at an organisation that you are already coaching (just as he did with Wright as things deteriorated?) and choosing to start at a whole new club answering to that same person.

Ross Lyon pretty much rules himself out for the Collingwood job.

Was approached informally by Wright, but wasn't interested.
Yep. Staggering to hear that. The job that is available knocked back by Lyon but is open to Carlton job, and Clarko by looks of it too.

Clearly Bucks sacking, current board issues and our list is scaring off key candidates. Rock bottom really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Staggering to hear that. The job that is available knocked back by Lyon but is open to Carlton job, and Clarko by looks of it too.

Clearly Bucks sacking, current board issues and our list is scaring off key candidates. Rock bottom really.
I think it's board instability that's causing the biggest problems.

Coaches get sacked all the time and new coaches generally enter a club when they're at rock bottom as it is.

There's a difference between tolerating it at an organisation that you are already coaching (just as he did with Wright as things deteriorated?) and choosing to start at a whole new club answering to that same person.
Fair points, I hope GW isn't a deterrent now for other coaches

Coaches get sacked all the time and new coaches generally enter a club when they're at rock bottom as it is.
We're at rock bottom with coaches reluctant to come to us. Lyon said there is a misalignment between where we think we are and where we are going. Not a great endorsement.

We're at rock bottom with coaches reluctant to come to us. Lyon said there is a misalignment between where we think we are and where we are going. Not a great endorsement.
But what's the "misalignment"? Lyon didn't elaborate too much on it except to mention "father-son" and "chemistry".

Does the club rate the list more highly than he does? Do they have different visions of what the club should do going forward to rebuild the team?

But what's the "misalignment"? Lyon didn't elaborate too much on it except to mention "father-son" and "chemistry".

Does the club rate the list more highly than he does? Do they have different visions of what the club should do going forward to rebuild the team?
Clearly he thinks there's more than what he is letting on.

Of course it is board instability!! Lets extrapolate a touch directly from words spoken by Ross. He wont countenance us, yet would of had McGuire still been in the presidential chair.
It's not a wild assumption to imagine Clarko thinking the same way.

I was more than happy, delighted even, when Ed, with heart on sleeve, said i'm out in December but i desperately wanted him to stay till the AGM knowing a manure storm would ensue with an early exit.
If this has cost us the best coach in a couple of football generations if not longer then....just consider that as we lurch south toward another post season.

I have a feeling he wasn't referring to the quality of our father- sons................more the potentially messy involvement of Kelly and Moore snr in the boardroom tussle. I couldn't care less about Lyon but if his thinking is what other top candidates are thinking it's obviously a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back