Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is board instability!! Lets extrapolate a touch directly from words spoken by Ross. He wont countenance us, yet would of had McGuire still been in the presidential chair.
It's not a wild assumption to imagine Clarko thinking the same way.

I was more than happy, delighted even, when Ed, with heart on sleeve, said i'm out in December but i desperately wanted him to stay till the AGM knowing a manure storm would ensue with an early exit.
If this has cost us the best coach in a couple of football generations if not longer then....just consider that as we lurch south toward another post season.
I understand the concern, but I wouldn't have trusted McGuire to find the right coach after the succession plan debacle.

Again a captain's pick.

The best performing clubs go through a whole interview process to determine the best candidate.
I mean his influencing and sales pitch would have sealed the deal. Clarko cannot be unanimous number 1 right now.

At this rate, Mark Neelds knocking us back.

Clarko to Pies. Couple of posts above have convinced.

Quite pumped about it, really. It goes a long way in alleviating the tedium of lockdown.

I'll be enthused by the news until the formal announcement, at which point the nagging doubt I feel that this development isn't real will evaporate, and I'll be even more excited.

Thanks BF.

Couldn't help thinking as I watched Footy Classified just now, and hearing Eddie's 20 club plan, that we have lost a one in a million star. Once Eddie was disposed of, the Board then moved on Bucks to save its own skin. Lyon basically ruled himself out because of those decisions. No doubt Clarko has also. Clarkson will be at Carlton next year, providing he wants to go again.

I'm hoping Clarkson says he wants a break, Carlton appoints Lyon and then Collingwood's new President, Jeff Browne, goes after and gets Clarkson. :):):)

Clarko to Pies. Couple of posts above have convinced.

Quite pumped about it, really. It goes a long way in alleviating the tedium of lockdown.

I'll be enthused by the news until the formal announcement, at which point the nagging doubt I feel that this development isn't real will evaporate, and I'll be even more excited.

Thanks BF.

I hope your correct ,

They should make the announcement ASAP, he has a big job to do to get us back up to the top

Announcement next Thursday before the finals

Couldn't help thinking as I watched Footy Classified just now, and hearing Eddie's 20 club plan, that we have lost a one in a million star. Once Eddie was disposed of, the Board then moved on Bucks to save its own skin. Lyon basically ruled himself out because of those decisions. No doubt Clarko has also. Clarkson will be at Carlton next year, providing he wants to go again.

I'm hoping Clarkson says he wants a break, Carlton appoints Lyon and then Collingwood's new President, Jeff Browne, goes after and gets Clarkson. :):):)
What? You don't want Eddie, or Browne or Clarko, or is it all three Matt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed had his time, it was time for clean air. Korda definitely isn't the answer though
Exactly and it makes no sense to me that those who dislike the current board absolve McGuire of any mistakes he made in the past decade.

The man oversaw a decade of deterioration under his watch. He talks a big game, but the place was becoming stale under his leadership.

I'm hoping Clarkson says he wants a break, Carlton appoints Lyon and then Collingwood's new President, Jeff Browne, goes after and gets Clarkson.

The accumulated friction between Clarkson and Wrighty is more well-documented than most strained AFL relationships, it really shouldn't be too hard to understand that Clarko was never going to put himself alongside Wrighty again.

The presidency of Ed, Korda or Browne is irrelevant.

Your continued suggestion that the board moved on Bucks for political reasons has no basis in reality. You're making it up to suit your own narrative, even though all the evidence flows in the other direction.

So just to be clear, Ross Lyon was unhappy at the way Collingwood treated Nathan Buckley (after 9 and a half seasons) but is happy to go on a 5 minute spiel RE the Carlton Job which doesn't have a vacancy and if it does would be replacing a coach who has had 2 and a half seasons in the chair?

Sounds like Lyon is sign, sealed and delivered at Carlton and turned us down for that reason.

2004 assistant to chocco in a premiership year. 2008 Hawks aprenierahip.
Yeah me as well. Always felt he is our man.
Don't think "assistant" counts as senior experience - assistant is sitting next to someone who has senior experience and doing stuff the guy with senior experience tells you to do.

Last edited:
So just to be clear, Ross Lyon was unhappy at the way Collingwood treated Nathan Buckley (after 9 and a half seasons) but is happy to go on a 5 minute spiel RE the Carlton Job which doesn't have a vacancy and if it does would be replacing a coach who has had 2 and a half seasons in the chair?

Sounds like Lyon is sign, sealed and delivered at Carlton and turned us down for that reason.
I've reached the same conclusion.

I can see the Lyon signing being akin to Pagan and Malthouse going to Carlton. Place will be up and about initially and it will all end in tears.

But what's the "misalignment"? Lyon didn't elaborate too much on it except to mention "father-son" and "chemistry".

Does the club rate the list more highly than he does? Do they have different visions of what the club should do going forward to rebuild the team?
My assumptions -

Father-son:
Peter Moore and Craig Kelly who have both endorsed Browne and have been spoken by the media as potential members of a Browne board.

Misalignment:
The direction of the club (list decisions, development year...) conflicting with the decision to move Buckley on.

Chemistry:
Trust. Unknown expectations. Again linked to the Buckley decision. If they can sack Buckley 3 seasons after a GF what message of stability does that offer the next coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back