Who thought Carlton was bluffing

• Yes - Carlton are fools

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Carlton are fools

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Guilty.

Carlton have never had ethics or morals, didn't think they'd start now.

Was suprised but more amused than anything. This has set them back another 3-4 years by which time Judd will nearly be finished, funny how quickly a "window" can be slammed shut.

A good day for football.

LOL

Collingwoods window - Boarded up since 1958, broken open with a jemmy bar for a short stint in 1990:eek:

LOL

Collingwoods window - Boarded up since 1958, broken open with a jemmy bar for a short stint in 1990:eek:

Thanks for the history lesson, feel free to join us in the present when you're ready.

Looking forward to seeing your star studded forward line run out next season. Between Ohailpin, Cloke and Henderson you should get maybe 40-50 goals :thumbsu:.

Thanks for the laughs ;)

Thanks for the history lesson, feel free to join us in the present when you're ready.

Looking forward to seeing your star studded forward line run out next season. Between Ohailpin, Cloke and Henderson you should get maybe 40-50 goals
:thumbsu:.

Thanks for the laughs ;)

Thanks for that dramatic display of ignorance dids. :eek:

Possible that Waite and Kruze will be in the mix up forward too. ;)

Thanks for that dramatic display of ignorance dids. :eek:

Possible that Waite and Kruze will be in the mix up forward too. ;)

Taking Kruezer out of the middle significantly weakens your on-ball brigade. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul

Waite is a star, but is on the comeback trail from injury and can't be expected to dominate straight away.

Being accused of ignorance from a Carlton fan is absolutely hilarious, considering you are all doing your best to ignore the fact that the loss of Fevola is going to set your club back significantly.

Taking Kruezer out of the middle significantly weakens your on-ball brigade. It's robbing Peter to pay Paul

Waite is a star, but is on the comeback trail from injury and can't be expected to dominate straight away.

Being accused of ignorance from a Carlton fan is absolutely hilarious, considering you are all doing your best to ignore the fact that the loss of Fevola is going to set your club back significantly.

Spoken as one who still does not understand exactly what has transpired at Princes Park over these past couple of weeks. ;)

If we didn't take a stand on Fev we probably lose Gibbs and possibly even Judd over the coming year or two.

We've made the ultimate statemant to our playing group that the club is bigger than even the biggest of individuals/talents/egos.

We've clearly set a standard to our young list as well as securing the grunt 'inside' mid and the talented young KPP we really needed.

Despite losing the magic of Fev this past couple of weeks has actually been very good for the CFC so i advise you to at least temper your ignorance. :eek::thumbsu:

Spoken as one who still does not understand exactly what has transpired at Princes Park over these past couple of weeks. ;)

If we didn't take a stand on Fev we probably lose Gibbs and possibly even Judd over the coming year or two.

We've made the ultimate statemant to our playing group that the club is bigger than even the biggest of individuals/talents/egos.

We've clearly set a standard to our young list as well as securing the grunt 'inside' mid and the talented young KPP we really needed.

Despite losing the magic of Fev this past couple of weeks has actually been very good for the CFC so i advise you to at least temper your ignorance. :eek::thumbsu:

You've written why Fev was released. Everybody is aware why he was and most reasonable people would agree that the correct decision was made.

I'm simply talking about the effect it's going to have on Carlton out on the field. With Fev you would have pushed for top 4 next season. His loss will set you back massively, losing a player of Fevola's output would significantly weaken any team in the competition.

So how about tempering your own ignorance. No amount of long winded ranting about why he left will change the fact that him leaving has weakened your team on the field.

Yep, thought they were bluffing....but as I heard more stories about what Fev supposedly got up to on Brownlow night I started to think maybe they do really want to get rid of them.

But in the end it is their own fault. If they had of come down harder on him in his early days maybe, just maybe, all this could have been avoided.

You've written why Fev was released. Everybody is aware why he was and most reasonable people would agree that the correct decision was made.

I'm simply talking about the effect it's going to have on Carlton out on the field. With Fev you would have pushed for top 4 next season. His loss will set you back massively, losing a player of Fevola's output would significantly weaken any team in the competition.

So how about tempering your own ignorance. No amount of long winded ranting about why he left will change the fact that him leaving has weakened your team on the field.

Funny how you attempt to deflect simple facts as 'ranting'. You were the one seeking a cheap shot by saying that our forwardline will now consist of Setanta, Cloke and Hendo disingenuously omitting Waite and Kruze as options.

Then you prattle on about how we'd be stuffed in the middle if we took out Kruze despite the fact that, in Warnock/Hampson/Jacobs, we have a deep and talented ruck division. :eek:

Yes we''ll miss Fev but as far as retaining a future captain in Gibbs, establishing a new standard of prefessionalism for our entire playing list AND developing a multi-pronged forward set-up actually capable of winning us a flag the last week or so has actually been a very positive episode for us. ;)

You thought you'd have a cheap shot and got pulled up on it - deal with it.

Funny how you attempt to deflect simple facts as 'ranting'. You were the one seeking a cheap shot by saying that our forwardline will now consist of Setanta, Cloke and Hendo disingenuously omitting Waite and Kruze as options.

Then you prattle on about how we'd be stuffed in the middle if we took out Kruze despite the fact that, in Warnock/Hampson/Jacobs, we have a deep and talented ruck division. :eek:

Yes we''ll miss Fev but as far as retaining a future captain in Gibbs, establishing a new standard of prefessionalism for our entire playing list AND developing a multi-pronged forward set-up actually capable of winning us a flag the last week or so has actually been a very positive episode for us. ;)

You thought you'd have a cheap shot and got pulled up on it - deal with it.

How is predicting the output of a handful of forwards a cheap shot?

Carlton fans see a comment from a Collingwood supporter and instantly go on the defensive, pretty immature really.

As a Carlton fan you are duty bound to put a positive spin on the loss of Fevola. In the long run you may come out on top, who knows?

All I have stated is that the loss of Fevola will set you back significantly. You continue to deflect from that point because you know i'm right.

Deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guilty.

Carlton have never had ethics or morals, didn't think they'd start now.

Was suprised but more amused than anything. This has set them back another 3-4 years by which time Judd will nearly be finished, funny how quickly a "window" can be slammed shut.

A good day for football.

Geez you're full of shit. The above is your initial contribution to the thread and is nothing but a cheap shot from childish little 'wobbles supporter who then proceeds to deflect with half-truths and drivel when pulled up for being disingenuous.

You reckon we're stuffed for years whereas i see this as being something that needed to happen for my club to get to where we want to be.

You're opinions on the Carlton footy club hold about as much weight as your posts on this thread daks - zero credibility or relevance. :eek:

I was dead certain they were bluffing and fully expected to see him line up in a Carlton jumper next season.

Carlton got absolutely bent over in this trade though. Fev may be a womanising, drunken fool but pick 12 and Henderson for a Coleman medallist?! Hahahaha....you got screwed Carlton, no doubt about it.

If you call trading someone who has well & truly screwed up & run out of 'get out of jail free' cards, for a young KP forward & a first round pick, getting bent over, then you can call it that.

Personally I see it as sending a very strong message to the playing list, sponsors, supporters & the football community that our club is no longer going to tolerate players who are not fully committed to doing the right thing by the club & the game generally.

This may set us back a year or two, or it might finally give us the opportunity to overcome our reliance on one player to kick our goals. Whichever way it goes, I am confident we will not be seeing Carlton players attracting headlines for the wrong reasons, off the field.

I was dead certain they were bluffing and fully expected to see him line up in a Carlton jumper next season.

Carlton got absolutely bent over in this trade though. Fev may be a womanising, drunken fool but pick 12 and Henderson for a Coleman medallist?! Hahahaha....you got screwed Carlton, no doubt about it.

In the "short" term, maybe our forward structure might hurt a little, for the long term I think a talented young player and a number 12 pick (if used wisely) is a massive bonus for the CFC. To be honest, there is a possibility that Fev's best is now behind him, it will be interesting to see how he goes "having" to share the forward line delivery. Will he drop the lip and sook, because not every forward movement is going to him?. I would think that he wont kick as many goals at Brisbane that he did at Carlton. He no longer is the sole forward option. There's no doubt he is a quality forward, but whether the forward line structure at Brisbane suites him or not is yet to be seen. I wish him best he served us well. But it was time the club moved forward without Fev. It's somewhat ironic that for the last two years, Carlton has been criticised for a "one dimensial" forward line reliant on Fev, and now that he's gone we are being touted as having no hope because he's gone. I think we can restructure and still be succesful "post Fev"......

Remove this Banner Ad

Who thought Carlton was bluffing?

Back