Who walked out?

Remove this Banner Ad

nice post, I was hoping to say something similar (although perhaps not as eloquently or effectively) but have only just made to here... still reading all the posts.

Good luck to Josh, I have and will continue to enjoy the way you play footy. Relish the money and the on-field role that we can't offer you. I hope you do well in 2010 (but I hope we do better!) :)
:confused:

Dreadful post.

I love how Hawthorn are willing to give him almost a 1 million dollar contract but Hawks fans on here arent willing to admit he is worth Pick 9.

How does that make sense exactly?

who cares if its 1 million over 3 years, that isnt that much

we paid McMahon about the same, yes it wasnt worth it and we prob got ripped off, but we gave up pick 19 for him

hawks offered rance around the same price as they offered gibson and i reckon if he had of left tigers instead of signing a new contract we would have a better chance of getting pick 9 than you do....

rance is 19 years old, looks very good stands at 194 cms tall and could become a great backmen

yes gibson is good, but hes 25 he is at his peak and his peak isnt that great, yes hes a good player but nothing special....

hawks 2nd rounder would be a good deal for you

or maybe your 2nd rounder and gibson for the hawks 1st rounder

I love how Hawthorn are willing to give him almost a 1 million dollar contract but Hawks fans on here arent willing to admit he is worth Pick 9.

How does that make sense exactly?
800k over 3 years is average wage

therfore average player on our list

therfore pick 9 one would assume in the last uncomprimised draft for 5 years would get you better than an average player worth average wage.

plenty of north folk only deem him as average too!!!

i see your points, however i do strongly believe pick 9 will be set aside by hawthorn for a true gun accompanied by a good player/upcoming player. as for gibson i think he is only worth 25, not 25 and a decent mid to go with. he is worth a dowler or kennedy who have potential upside or a whitecross who has great skills but may struggle to get a spot in our side due to many who have simmilar size and attributes.

pick 9 is something you will not get from us unfortunately for north. i know we have done well from trades with you in the past, but it is that the past. i hope both sides work something out that works well for both. i personally would prefer matt maguire as he would come cheaper as a trade and on the salary cap!!! Maguire is more of a KPD than gibson also

This has got to be the most overstated myth in BigFooty history. These are the players you got from trading with us;

*Jordan Lewis - Ok, but we have his type covered.. You got himn from dealing with Collingwood anyway.

*Grant Birchall - Average player who just racks up uncontested stats. No loss to us.

*Max Bailey - Done his knee for the 3rd time and probably a bee's wing from calling it quits.

*Matt Little - Plying his trade at Williamstown.

Good luck to Gibbo if he's going to go chasing the money. If he feels that way best to offload him now.

Wouldnt mind seeing a rotation of Obst, Greenwood, Swallow, Scotty T and Grima laying tackles on him next year. Might seriously make him regret being such a douche about it. Could of been handled alot better.

Fantastic News.
Good riddens, only a pity it didnt happen 12 months ago.
Hope the Dorks like his glacial thinking and crap midfield performances.
He only ever played 3 good games and two of them were on buddy.
Thomos ten times the player.
Gibson is a list clogger.

BigRed

This has got to be the most overstated myth in BigFooty history. These are the players you got from trading with us;

*Jordan Lewis - Ok, but we have his type covered.. You got himn from dealing with Collingwood anyway.

*Grant Birchall - Average player who just racks up uncontested stats. No loss to us.

*Max Bailey - Done his knee for the 3rd time and probably a bee's wing from calling it quits.

*Matt Little - Plying his trade at Williamstown.
first two are doing better than thompson and hay for you right now.....

Brad Scott told him 'whats what', Gibbo has an ego the size of Saturn, so now he wants out .... there is no way he would have played midfield next year & our backline is fairly solid .... wouldnt be too concerned .... disappointing though considering we 'made him'

Bit harsh calling for gibbo's ill-heath etc.

Given he recently spoke to Scotty, reading between the lines i'd strongly suggest that whatever he was told in his review was about him NOT being central to our plans going forward.

I actually think this has just forced us to make the bigger-name trade we've all been speculating about this season. All the emotion aside, this could be so much worse...

Gibson is one of too many mid-sized defenders we have so we can afford to lose him from our structure. :thumbsu:

Gibson has a better reputation outside the club than perhaps he deserves ... i reckon gibbo's reputation is very high at the hawks after some honourable efforts against buddy but the reality is if buddy had kicked straighter, gibson's reputation would be much lower. :thumbsu:

Gibson has allegedly been offered around $800k-$900k over 3, which is in the top 10-12 players at any given club (the average wage of $240k is heavily boosted by the top 4-5 players on $600k - $900k per year). Not offering a trade of at least their 2nd rounder would be highly contradictory of the cash the Hawks are offering him. :thumbsu:

North thought they desperately needed a big defender so the G-train could stop carving Watt a new one twice a year so we paid over the normal value for hay. A defender like Gibson is what the hawks DESPERATELY want. That he is a keenly sought after commodity increases what his regular value may be. :thumbsu:

I expect North to get pick 9 without any other player involvement. North will get the deal done with some swapping of 2nd for 3rd / 4th round picks etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an outsider looking in, I find this thread distasteful. It seems as though:

He may struggle to fit into North's structure next season and beyond.
He may have been told as much.
Hawthorn can play him where he actually likes to play.
Hawthorn have offered him some good coin and, at the end of the day, it is a professional sport.

Why the hatred?

This could be a blessing in disguise. I never rated him too much as a player, too one dimensional. Plus losing a defender won't hurt us as much as say losing a midfielder would. So in that way, not too bad.

Always seemed like a bit of a poser, I reckon he'll fit in well at the Hawks.

I'd like Pick 9 (unlikely) or 25 and a player (more likely) or he can f**k off into the PSD and help Melbourne hold Buddy Franklin twice a year!

Gibson has allegedly been offered around $800k-$900k over 3, which is in the top 10-12 players at any given club (the average wage of $240k is heavily boosted by the top 4-5 players on $600k - $900k per year). Not offering a trade of at least better than their 2nd rounder would be highly contradictory of the cash the Hawks are offering him. :thumbsu:

If' he's getting 850k over 3 years thats equal to 283K a year, just above the avg wage. This isn't an extreme wage.

Zac Dawson has just signed on for 250k a year over 2 years.

I expect North to get pick 9 without any other player involvement. North will get the deal done with some swapping of 2nd for 3rd / 4th round picks etc.

I highly doubt that you will be getting pick 9 for him plain and simple, he isn't worth it.

Does anyone think that this is a fair and reasonable deal - if we give them pick 21 and gibbo for pick 9 and maybe one of their young players???

If' he's getting 850k over 3 years thats equal to 283K a year, just above the avg wage. This isn't an extreme wage.

Zac Dawson has just signed on for 250k a year over 2 years.

I highly doubt that you will be getting pick 9 for him plain and simple, he isn't worth it.

Try reading it again knackers - my point is that the median is rarely the mean. The high-end earners push the average up, so the median earner (19th ranked earner on a list of 37) will likely be earning less than the average wage.

I think you'll find the offer is likely to be upwards of $300k per season anyway

As an outsider looking in, I find this thread distasteful. It seems as though:

He may struggle to fit into North's structure next season and beyond.
He may have been told as much.
Hawthorn can play him where he actually likes to play.
Hawthorn have offered him some good coin and, at the end of the day, it is a professional sport.

Why the hatred?

Nobody is laughing.. :rolleyes:

Try reading it again knackers - my point is that the median is rarely the mean. The high-end earners push the average up, so the median earner (19th ranked earner on a list of 37) will likely be earning less than the average wage.

I think you'll find the offer is likely to be upwards of $300k per season anyway

A three-year deal worth about $850,000 is understood to be available to Gibson to join last year's premiers, who have been desperately searching for support for an under-manned defence.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfn...201266689.html

If Zac is managing to get 250k a season then 283k is peanuts for Gibson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who walked out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back