Who Wants Rodney Eade as a Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 22, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Long history of outperformance (getting decent, but hardly brilliant, sides very close to a GF), but zero cigars from the chair

The game seemed to have passed him this year. Very slow to react, appalling trading decisions and now sacked. When he was appointed, and Rohde booted with a year to go on his contract, it was referred to as the "last roll of the dice". Now, he's gone. It could have worked, but it cleary did not

Who actually wants this bloke to give it a third try at their club?

Won't have any trouble getting another gig. Wouldn't be surprised if both Melbourne and Adelaide have already approached him and the Bulldogs know it hence the early call by them even though his management requested it.

Obviously has a great footy brain but at 53, history suggests he may not have time to rebuild a list elsewhere as head coach.

Not sure he has adapted well with the way the game has changed over recent years, dogs should have been in the window but the lack of adaption sees them bomb out, that isn't a great way to end. Is this all about a lack of resources or lack of vision?

Not sure he has adapted well with the way the game has changed over recent years, dogs should have been in the window but the lack of adaption sees them bomb out, that isn't a great way to end. Is this all about a lack of resources or lack of vision?

According to Aker the Dogs are at least 12 years behind the rest of the comp in terms of resources. Massive debt, too. Why doesn't Smorgon take a pinch of the family wealth and give them a proper chance? So selfish

That said, Eade is hardly the most innovative of coaches. Loves to berate and ridicule players, but hard to think of players he has "made"

We should have definitely been better then we have been this season but with the players we have had out we would not be contenders this year with any coach.

Long history of outperformance (getting decent, but hardly brilliant, sides very close to a GF), but zero cigars from the chair

The game seemed to have passed him this year. Very slow to react, appalling trading decisions and now sacked. When he was appointed, and Rohde booted with a year to go on his contract, it was referred to as the "last roll of the dice". Now, he's gone. It could have worked, but it cleary did not

Who actually wants this bloke to give it a third try at their club?
Much better coach than Richmond has had for a very long time. Does that mean Richmond has been 'outperformanced' by a majority of clubs the last thirty years?

We should have definitely been better then we have been this season but with the players we have had out we would not be contenders this year with any coach.

I know Cooney's had his issues, but is Lake your only other major issue this year? I honestly cannot think of anyone else decent at the Dogs who has missed serious gametime in 2011

Lake has been awful, though. A real wasted year. Given the public comment, do Dogs fans think he is actually wanted around the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why doesn't Smorgon take a pinch of the family wealth and give them a proper chance? So selfish

All he needs to do is reach into his ashtray and BAM... Our debt is gone.

Will never happen....

Show me your all-time silverware.

Are we now your benchmark? LOL... Jack Eliott was right:D
My point was Eade is a better coach than you have got, and also better one than you've had for a while. Also there is no such word as 'outperformance', try being outperformed. For what it's worth there have been at least 15 outperformed coach's every year since the Eade has been at the Bulldogs. lol, lol, lol, no the Tigers aren't our benchmark, Collingwood is this year, lol, lol, lol, and whoever wins the flag this year will be our benchmark next year. No need to get narky, lol, lol.
My all time silverwear is actually ok, 4 premierships out of the last six grand finals, and sitting on top this year.

Eade is the wrong generation to coach. He's old enough to be the player's dad, almost Granddad.

One thing a lot of the young North guys are saying about Brad Scott is that he "understands" them so well. He was drafted, rookied etc, he studied while he played, all the things they do. He's lived the same footy experience they are.

Hence they relate to him really well. Can't say the saem for Eade.

Eade is the wrong generation to coach. He's old enough to be the player's dad, almost Granddad.

One thing a lot of the young North guys are saying about Brad Scott is that he "understands" them so well. He was drafted, rookied etc, he studied while he played, all the things they do. He's lived the same footy experience they are.

Hence they relate to him really well. Can't say the saem for Eade.

agree, I couldn't see "Rocket" handling Chappy as well Scott did.

Why are you laughing? Is this funny?

PS: Dreamteam doesn't count
Sarcasm isn't your strong suit? No, dreamteam doesn't count as it would end up with the same result in the club I follow in terms of silverware. You asked me about my all time silverware and I replied. Very proud of the team I have played in for the last twenty years. I've heard good things about Hardwick from one of the players from the team you follow, but still I would rate Eade as a better coach.

Sarcasm isn't your strong suit? No, dreamteam doesn't count as it would end up with the same result in the club I follow in terms of silverware. You asked me about my all time silverware and I replied. Very proud of the team I have played in for the last twenty years. I've heard good things about Hardwick from one of the players from the team you follow, but still I would rate Eade as a better coach.

So noted.

Being a coach is such a broad term these days, eh. Anyway, I'm sure he is a good coach, but there can only ever be 16, no 17, actually 18 at one time.

Eade has had a good run at it and hasn't saluted. Plenty of others have the same record with a coaching career that lasted a dozen fewer years

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Wants Rodney Eade as a Coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back