Whose fault was it really?

• It was all Ratts fault

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The players let us all down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just interested to see what everyone thinks.

We have the usual crowd of rabid anti-ratten fans frothing at the mouth screaming their usual platitudes about how bad Ratts coaching was tonight.

Then there are the others who are pissed off that the players didnt show up tonight and kick filth butt.

Personally, I think that Ratts should take the players on a 20km run tomorrow for their post match session and dock them all a weeks wages to be paid to a worthy charity. It was a shocking display by 'professional' sportsmen and they should be held accountable.

MC, Ratten, and the players. Coaching staff as well, our skills aren't worth 5 cents in a candy shop. Ratten if he can't get the team up for a big game then he needs to be questioned, this is not the first time this has happened, has been happening all year. We aren't switched on, but then again we also have a few duds, passengers and skill less players.

Insipid recruiting... If they're not given a #1 pick they can't do anything.
The team is full of duds
Hartlett, Austin, Hampson, Bentley, Johnson, Houlihan, Fisher, Russell, Grigg, Yarran.

To make it worse next week they'll be replacing these duds with more duds like Cloke, Stevens, Hadley and Robinson. And you think tonights kicking was bad, there is still Andrew Walker to come back.

Everybody involved in the game tonight, be it players, coaching staff, board of selectors, whatever, were at fault tonight, apart from the one and only shining light, matthew kruezer, its hard not to feel any compassion towards the guy, a guy who just gives his all, his 2nd and 3rd efforts should typify how we should go about our business, but time and time again we are happy to just spectate, as i said in another thread relying on a young no1 draft pick in his 2nd year to set the example is an utter disgrace and embarassment, when the goddamn f.u.c.k are we going to stand up and be counted? every other club must sit back and laugh at this rediculous inconsistency we display, im over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insipid recruiting... If they're not given a #1 pick they can't do anything.
The team is full of duds
Hartlett, Austin, Hampson, Bentley, Johnson, Houlihan, Fisher, Russell, Grigg, Yarran.

To make it worse next week they'll be replacing these duds with more duds like Cloke, Stevens, Hadley and Robinson. And you think tonights kicking was bad, there is still Andrew Walker to come back.

Bangwagoner. These are kids that are still developing.

You're the type of supporter that will be as happy as anything if the team wins and then think the sky is falling when the team loses.

Nobody wants to hear that crap.

Bangwagoner. These are kids that are still developing.

You're the type of supporter that will be as happy as anything if the team wins and then think the sky is falling when the team loses.

Nobody wants to hear that crap.

Funny... we seem to have a few supporters on here that are like that...

usually with a join date of 2008 or 2009...

disappeared for a few years to support the lions, Geelong or some other team thats won a premiership in the last 8 years and suddenly appeared to support the blues when they start looking like making the finals again.

Funny... we seem to have a few supporters on here that are like that...

usually with a join date of 2008 or 2009...

disappeared for a few years to support the lions, Geelong or some other team thats won a premiership in the last 8 years and suddenly appeared to support the blues when they start looking like making the finals again.

I have a recent join date but I aint one of them.

D) None of the above
E) Just part of the ebb and flow of an improving young group.

We have some real wagon jumpers though, first on when we win first off when we lose. Get used to it, we have a number of loses to come before we win a flag.

The one heartening thing us wiser ones (with longish memories) can take from the blame the coach cowards is that there were similar calls for Bomber Thompson's head a few years back. Fortunately we have something in common with the cats and Costa, Dick's legacy, a strong admin with the spine and foresight to see it through. And when the glory comes, the jumpers will the first on here claiming they always had faith......

and some of you have a cheek to call the players heartless, have a good look in the mirror.

Disappointing night all round for mine with few positives. Was pretty impressed by Austin though and to an extent Bower tonight, but few others. Collingwood got numbers back too quickly and our movement by foot was slow, wide and inaccurate...with players making poor decisions and the footskills as bad as I've seen it was hardly surprising we were badly beaten.
I think Ratts had another poor night in the coaches box. Seems to be a little re-active, uninspiring and too slow with his moves at times. Thought we could've experimented with Carazzo at FF and Fev HF eg. Hawthorn game, Yarran to the half backline as per his recent role with the Bullants, or Judd playing out of the goals-square a little more rather than following his player down back, Betts to the centre square early on when we were getting smashed in the clearances, we could've made Maxwell more accountable. Our gameplan seem to rely too heavily on playing an offensive in the midfield and that's it.
MC wise, the Pies moved the ball too freely from the backline and I would've liked to have seen Garlett in the team, Betts and Yarran to rotate through bench and midfield. Bentley, despite the goal he kicked, makes far too many handeling and decision making errors for mine and looks horribly slow when going the other way, in Hadley.
Last thing, what's up with Scotland? I doubt I have seen him make as many ball handleing and disposal by foot errors as he did last night, in the rest of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was at fault tonight

Back