Opinion Who was the superior player Simon Black or Lachie Neale?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice essay question for Lions supporters 3KZ. But it would have been better to save it for tomorrow. I have a feeling this could be a dark a gloomy place after tonight. This thread may be the only light on the board.

He didn't win them on his own though. If Neale was in that era instead of Black, who's to say we wouldn't have won four?
Or if Black was in this current side? It's a close thing between the two and I'm splitting it based on premierships.

Three Brownlows for Neale and/ or a premiership would make it interesting.

Nice essay question for Lions supporters 3KZ. But it would have been better to save it for tomorrow. I have a feeling this could be a dark a gloomy place after tonight. This thread may be the only light on the board.
I hope not knaf. I'm still depressed from last week.

Maybe I’m still depressed too. Not looking forward to tonight.
I feel like we are on a hiding to nothing. I suspect we will win tonight and probably the first week of the finals, but having thrown away a top four finish, I can't see us making the Grand Final. Realistically, I think a re-run of 2022 is the best we can hope for and I was at the MCG when we were thrashed by Geelong in the Preliminary Final. Too many road trips between now and the ultimate prize.

fantastic question. i think neale is one of the most consistent players i've ever seen. and if i were to draft one it would be neale. i atually suspect he could have won a brownlow at freo before he went to you (but we were terrible).

but black dominated a GF. and won 3 GF's and if you were any good after 2004, he might have won another brownlow. so if i were to have one player to win it all it would be black.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who was the superior player Simon Black or Lachie Neale?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back