Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you made a statement of fact NostrArr0wdamus 😉

So for the record, you have no opinion on who will be better in 2024? In which case you cannot criticise anyone else's analysis or predictions

Of course I have us finishing higher

What about you Chester, do you have us finishing 16th like your inept mate?

To confirm, when is the 15 years starting?

It's not starting in 2021, as we were reliably informed at the time?

And if it does occur, will you be there to guide us through re: how to cope with it, given your recent experience in being minnows for multiple decades at a time?

Actually, I'm sensing dejavu... I'm positive I had this same conversation with Carlton poster after the 2021 season...
Yes but there’s this thing called time you see & it doesn’t stop.

I’m assuming players the previous Carlton poster was referring to are now a few years older;

Pendlebury 36
Sidebottom 33
Howe 33
Cox 33
Elliott 31
Mihocek 31
Tom Mitchell 30
Crisp 30
Hoskin- Elliott 30

The next couple of years will see your very average drafting filling this gap - 😂.

At least you’ve got your first draft pick this year to bring in a young gun!

Oh hang on!

IMG_0135.png

could easily be a collingwood carlton grand final if the pies find their best footy
You haven't seen their draw mate, 9th at best and that's only if they have a bit of luck.

I’m assuming players the previous Carlton poster was referring to are now a few years older;

Pendlebury 36
Sidebottom 33
Howe 33
Cox 33
Elliott 31
Mihocek 31
Tom Mitchell 30
Crisp 30
Hoskin- Elliott 30

The next couple of years will see your very average drafting filling this gap - 😂.

Oh hang on!

View attachment 2038163
Interesting.

We didn't even have Tom Mitchell at the end of 2021 when we were reliably informed we were in for a minimum of 5 years of Carlton like bottom 4 misery.

Apart from Pendlebury, which of those players listed are irreplaceable superstars?

Sorry, Pies are going to be around for a while yet, in the same way as we've been around to play in more than a third of all Grand Finals contested over the history of the game.

Just a question for pie fans - what's your favourite memory of playing Carlton in the grand final.
From our side, it could be the Harmes tap for instance. Is there anything that you remember that sticks out as a lasting memory from a positive point of view.

Interesting.

We didn't even have Tom Mitchell at the end of 2021 when we were reliably informed we were in for a minimum of 5 years of Carlton like bottom 4 misery.

Apart from Pendlebury, which of those players listed are irreplaceable superstars?

Sorry, Pies are going to be around for a while yet, in the same way as we've been around to play in more than a third of all Grand Finals contested over the history of the game.
Not sure how we could be playing any worse this year

Yet here we are just 2 points from 3rd 😆

Interesting.

Here’s an image of your list manager trying to fix the problem.

I think it might be too late!

IMG_0136.jpeg

Interesting.

With Tassie coming in it will take 10 years to replace them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a question for pie fans - what's your favourite memory of playing Carlton in the grand final.
From our side, it could be the Harmes tap for instance. Is there anything that you remember that sticks out as a lasting memory from a positive point of view.
We all understand Carlton have to go that far back to regale about their glory years, but we Collingwood supporters have many more recent Grand Final memories.

Starting with GOATcos to De Goey....GOAL!

Pendlebury 36
Sidebottom 33
Howe 33
Cox 33
Elliott 31
Mihocek 31
Tom Mitchell 30
Crisp 30
Hoskin- Elliott 30

Oh hang on!

View attachment 2038163

It’s disappointing that Pendlebury is going to play his 400th game this year. It means Collingwood will feel less inclined to give him another contract since they won’t need to carry him to 400 games anymore. :(

I'll go neither.

Thank you.
Weak as piss.

Keep talking the talk.

Submit Season 4 GIF by Black Sails

It’s disappointing that Pendlebury is going to play his 400th game this year. It means Collingwood will feel less inclined to give him another contract since they won’t need to carry him to 400 games anymore. :(
Indeed.

He was really being carried when he had 12 possessions in the last quarter of the 2023 Grand Final, when he orchestrated a magnificent final term, culminating in a premiership for his club.

But you probably missed that, because Carlton supporters usually have other plans in September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back