Who will be the Eagles next Captain? - now with a poll

Who will be the next captain?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Right now I'd go with Darling since he shows the most effort and heart. I think he'd make a great on field leader, reminds me a bit of Cousins.

Joel Selwood went up to a different level after he got captaincy at Geelong. Therefore by the evidence given I can deduce that 100% of Selwoods become amazing players when given captaincy. Selwood for captain :p.

Selwood seems to be handling Vice Captaincy reasonably well and despite his average form he's often done the things that need to be done when they need to happen (A clearance late against Carlton, tagging the shit out of Fyfe after the first 15 minutes yesterday).

He should be our next captain. Darling to lead us to glory though in a few years.

I voted The dragon ninja king however I'm gonna give an honourable shout out to Matt Rosa. Been a great servent to the club and done some down right courage things over the years including playing with a broken face. Has really stepped up this year and I think his overall IQ level is greater than most others on the team. Must be in for consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anybody who objects to a footballer like Selwood being our captain seeing as he is not one of the best players in our team?
Surely he couldn't be our captain when he really is one dimensional, he is a tagger and can't really do anything else.

Has to be Hurn for me.
I agree.
Darling will not be captain. I don't even think he is in the leadership group.
Darling has great drive and skill, sadly he could probably be out thunk by a brick.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, though this doesn't impact his ability to play.

I went with JK, I reckon he fit's the mould, as they like to say. Right age as far as still plenty of playing years left. I guess it's whether people feel the captain should be someone in the heat of the game 90% of the time, ie a mid. I personally don't think that matters these days, as Glassy has shown, you can be captian from fullback. So JK gets my vote.

I don't think the camp again has to be a world beater player either

Maxwell despite his critics was a good captain for the Pies ...love or loath the pies he was a good skipper and led them to finals success

Kirk for swans was a brilliant captain

I also don't mind the swans style of naming 3 also.....

If I was picking someone and I don't know the guy at all but Mackenzie is made of the right stuff

To be honest the captain is more off field role thesis days on than on field

On field do your role .....yup say something at qtr time or half time

But really it's on the training track where your leader sets the time .....diet....prep ...all that kind of thing

Josh Kennedy was the acting captain in Glass' absence, might be a sign he's being groomed to take over.
He'd be my personal choice, followed by EMac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be the Eagles next Captain? - now with a poll

Back