Who will be your team's next star/elite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff Rich(maybe) Redden Polec(maybe) Hanley and Leuenberger

Haha didn't take long.

Typical BF, "Your teams next star player?"

*Proceedes to list every decent young player at the club*

For Freo it's between Barlow and Fyfe, Mundy the darkhorse.

As I understood it the question asks for the next star player singular, but since when has BF been able to read anyway.

Silvagni, fyfe, ballantyne and Clarke.

Hopefully morabito, Pitt and Mellington will achieve elite as well.

Also if Walters decides to pull his finger out he would be top 2-3 fp in the league.

Silvagni, fyfe, ballantyne and Clarke.

Hopefully morabito, Pitt and Mellington will achieve elite as well.

Also if Walters decides to pull his finger out he would be top 2-3 fp in the league.

Looks like my own clubs supporters are guilty of it too.

Honestly, the term "Elite" should be used IMO, for those who are in the Top 3 of their position in the league.

It's bandied about way too easily, sure the guys above may all develop into very good long term players but I could only see the first 4 fitting the criteria I outlined.

Hurley and Heppell are probably the only sure bets at this stage. Essendon's list is pretty even - but there are few stars. No idea who will emerge from the pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, the term "Elite" should be used IMO, for those who are in the Top 3 of their position in the league.

It's bandied about way too easily, sure the guys above may all develop into very good long term players but I could only see the first 4 fitting the criteria I outlined.

So which one of Pav, Brown, Riewoldt, Franklin, and Cloke are not elite when all are in good form? :p Your standard of Elite is too harsh imo.

Haha didn't take long.

Typical BF, "Your teams next star player?"

*Proceedes to list every decent young player at the club*

For Freo it's between Barlow and Fyfe, Mundy the darkhorse.

As I understood it the question asks for the next star player singular, but since when has BF been able to read anyway.

So you think that Rich Redden Rockliff Leuenberger and Hanley are only decent?

Is it that hard to just tell us who you think could be elite/star quality and stop trying to police every opinion?

You listed 3 players yourself, no point critisising then just naming multiple players because others are doing it. Alternatively you could just not take things so seriously.

Is it that hard to just tell us who you think could be elite/star quality and stop trying to police every opinion?

You listed 3 players yourself, no point critisising then just naming multiple players because others are doing it. Alternatively you could just not take things so seriously.

Just think it would be good if there was a definitive footy definition on what elite is, I've seen it used to describe dozens and dozens of current players and it's a little silly, you may call it "policing" if it suits you lol :thumbsu: I just prefer my waters to be a little less muddy y'know?

I listed three players who could become our next star player, not list every single player under 20 from my team, I suggest you look up what "between" means because I never suggested they'd all become star players, just that the next one would likely come from 1 of those 3.

If there's no boundaries then this thread just becomes like every other thread we see pop up daily on BF.

"Who are the best young players in your team/in the comp"
BF- "Hurrr all of them!!1"

Peace bro.

I just finished posting in another thread that I agree with riteo, walk in here and find myself wanting to pick a fight cause he's wanting a definitive definition of elite on an internet forum, I love Big Footy :D.

Fyfe has to be borderline already, he improves any more and he's elite imo.

Morabito would be my next pick, though it's a guess about a guy that hasn't played in a year. Won't be elite in 2012 but we'll see.

Elite means of the highest class. So you can group players however you like when using that word.

If you wan't a word for the best three or so players for their set positions (i find "set positions" pretty meaningless in the context of modern football), a phrase you should use, would be for example "Chris Judd is one of the premier midefielders of the competition".

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will be your team's next star/elite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back