Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been reading through this shit for the last week. Couple of things i have decided out of reading this are.
1. Bobcat is Peter Fulton
2. Duff Tv, f*ck off and stick with your little ****ter crew in the south if you don't like the conversations up here. We are probably better off without you.
3. Fults has abused more than one umpire this year at junior games. I have seen it first hand. And before you guys get on your high horses and tell me what a good bloke he is. I agree with you, but i still heard what i heard.

Question? Has James Wiggens been given the chop from the Dev footy club?

1. peter fulton doesnt own a computer...he cant afford it! cos he hasnt got paid for coaching or playing!
2. yeah if duff tv doesnt like how we go bout our footy take a walk!
3. Hes obviously passionate about his footy anyone who is coaching is going to hav a go at an umpirer! players do it as well and parents from the sidelines! he is a good bloke just like most others just because uve heard shit from round the footy world doesnt make him a disgrace or a poor bloke!

freedom of speech is exactly right...if u put ur shoes in fults shoes being a coach and these boys get flogged week in week out so ur there trying to improve them each week n trying to make his players betta and a better team n ur teaching ur players the basic of footy such as going in wif ur head ova the ball ur more likely to get a free kick n ur players go out n do this..get hit high n the umpirers dont call the free kick wat are u suppose to do then?? the umpires are suppose to be lookin after the player wif the ball n his head ova it yet doesnt call it wouldnt u hav a go at the umpirer???
wel maite i gusse u mit b rite. if u putt ya hed ova it tha umpirer shud cal a fre kic. butt howe is goin offf at tha umpirer makin tha plaiyers betta?? he supos ta b settn an exampl. nott techin tha kidds baad habites.

wel maite i gusse u mit b rite. if u putt ya hed ova it tha umpirer shud cal a fre kic. butt howe is goin offf at tha umpirer makin tha plaiyers betta?? he supos ta b settn an exampl. nott techin tha kidds baad habites.

he wouldnt be the only one going off at the umpirer and he wouldnt need to be if the umpirer would call it...im sure the players are going to hav a go at the umpirers any way if they get hit high n dont get a free kick so its not the coach teachin them bad habbits..its how everyone would react if they get there head taken off

he wouldnt be the only one going off at the umpirer and he wouldnt need to be if the umpirer would call it...im sure the players are going to hav a go at the umpirers any way if they get hit high n dont get a free kick so its not the coach teachin them bad habbits..its how everyone would react if they get there head taken off
Lol you missed my point mate, are you semi-alliterate or something?? Your posts don't even make sense. Go back to grade 2 and learn how to put a sentence together and maybe even a dictionary wouldn't hurt either. But keep up the good work and enjoy Devonports season next year as they will be the whippin boys of the SWL

Lol you missed my point mate, are you semi-alliterate or something?? Your posts don't even make sense. Go back to grade 2 and learn how to put a sentence together and maybe even a dictionary wouldn't hurt either. But keep up the good work and enjoy Devenports season next year as they will be the whippin boys of the SWL

maybe ur just a dumb f*** n dnt know how to read. talking of dictionary u cant even spell devonport ya jerk n good on ya for putting full stops at the end of sentences n capital letters u ******! They could be but ya neva know well just have to wait n c now wont we.

maybe ur just a dumb f*** n dnt know how to read. talking of dictionary u cant even spell devonport ya jerk n good on ya for putting full stops at the end of sentences n capital letters u ******! They could be but ya neva know well just have to wait n c now wont we.
Your a f*ckwit mate. Crawl back under the rock you came out of.

good on ya champ go back where eva it is u come from n eat the shit from ur arse!
What are you 12??? I can respect you don't have the intellect or integrity to come up with something a bit more mature or even relevant. But please don't post garbage like that on here. It almost makes me feel sorry for you when i think about what life you must live when you have shit like that going on in your head.

Lol you missed my point mate, are you semi-alliterate or something?? Your posts don't even make sense. Go back to grade 2 and learn how to put a sentence together and maybe even a dictionary wouldn't hurt either. But keep up the good work and enjoy Devonports season next year as they will be the whippin boys of the SWL.

Hahahah nice way to contradict yourself and look like an idiot :D
And im sorry if anyone takes offence, not having a go at Rick Youd or anything but he is not a very good umpire, struggles to control the game at an underage level.

And im sorry if anyone takes offence, not having a go at Rick Youd or anything but he is not a very good umpire, struggles to control the game at an underage level.

mate I think anyone with half a brain can see he was taking the piss out of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok sorry if you missed my point I should of put a warning label on there somewhere that read "Warning do not read this post if you have an IQ under 40". Very sorry mate i'll try to get it right next time. In the mean time learn the definition of the word sarcasm or the phrase 'Taking the piss' and apply them when necessary you dunce.

I think you guys should be happy that Ricky Youd is still umpiring and contributing to footy, because this guy has shown more courage and adversity under pressure than any frustrated footballer running around in any league in Tassie.

Would have been a champion, and for him now to be still involved in the game is great. Perhaps you should hold him up about what is good about the game and how it helps people come back from setbacks in life.

I think you guys should be happy that Ricky Youd is still umpiring and contributing to footy, because this guy has shown more courage and adversity under pressure than any frustrated footballer running around in any league in Tassie.

Would have been a champion, and for him now to be still involved in the game is great. Perhaps you should hold him up about what is good about the game and how it helps people come back from setbacks in life.

agree agree agree

I agree with youdy. I aswell am not having a go at rick youd but for 15 to 17 year old guys on the recieving end of some preety dirty stuff, it sorta needs needs to be controlled to a certain extent. and in many instances this year during games in which rick youd umpired, he really struggled to control the games

I agree with youdy. I aswell am not having a go at rick youd but for 15 to 17 year old guys on the recieving end of some preety dirty stuff, it sorta needs needs to be controlled to a certain extent. and in many instances this year during games in which rick youd umpired, he really struggled to control the games

The point being both youdy & matt that at 15-17 years of age the coaches should also exert influence over these young men and have a structure in place that discourages this. At that age you have a code that the coaches enforce, and that more importantly neutral observers at each game observe. Coaches at this age must be teachers of fundamentals and character, preparing guys for senior footy. There the ones who need sanctions

Tassie footy is quick to blame those in white/orange, but it does not look at club structures or appointments that allow this stuff to happen. I have seen it first hand, even been guilty of it, but without the Ricky Youd's of the world you don't have a game to play. Ah, the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The point being both youdy & matt that at 15-17 years of age the coaches should also exert influence over these young men and have a structure in place that discourages this. At that age you have a code that the coaches enforce, and that more importantly neutral observers at each game observe. Coaches at this age must be teachers of fundamentals and character, preparing guys for senior footy. There the ones who need sanctions

Tassie footy is quick to blame those in white/orange, but it does not look at club structures or appointments that allow this stuff to happen. I have seen it first hand, even been guilty of it, but without the Ricky Youd's of the world you don't have a game to play. Ah, the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The problem is you can have the best umpire in control of a game involving grown men. And still it can get out of control and sometimes people over the fence get involved. It's time coach's and club took responsibilities for actions taken by players and club officials, without these internal sanctions or rules being enforced, it will escalate on the ground every single game. As players know, they will be backed 100% to the hill. Funny when Mick Magaune and later Nick Probert coached burnie in their hey day, the club went a few years without a single players being reported. Funny how that can happen.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The problem is you can have the best umpire in control of a game involving grown men. And still it can get out of control and sometimes people over the fence get involved. It's time coach's and club took responsibilities for actions taken by players and club officials, without these internal sanctions or rules being enforced, it will escalate on the ground every single game. As players know, they will be backed 100% to the hill. Funny when Mick Magaune and later Nick Probert coached burnie in their hey day, the club went a few years without a single players being reported. Funny how that can happen.

Spot on:thumbsu:

I have been reading through this shit for the last week. Couple of things i have decided out of reading this are.
1. Bobcat is Peter Fulton
2. Duff Tv, f*ck off and stick with your little ****ter crew in the south if you don't like the conversations up here. We are probably better off without you.
3. Fults has abused more than one umpire this year at junior games. I have seen it first hand. And before you guys get on your high horses and tell me what a good bloke he is. I agree with you, but i still heard what i heard.

Question? Has James Wiggens been given the chop from the Dev footy club?

Question? Has James Wiggens been given the chop from the Dev footy club?[/quote]

Thursday evening at the members night president elect Steve Daley announced to all and sundry that James's employment was terminated on Tuesday morning evective immediately. After making James bring the club phone and camera back the DFC on Thursday recieved a letter from James's laywer seeking a lump sum payment. James is saying he had a contract . Dport are saying that have a very strong case after consultation with AFL Tas and a prominent lawyer. SW hasn't even began and Dport are being told what to do by the powers to be.They [EMAIL="f@#$Ked"]f@#$Ked[/EMAIL] and divided Ulverstone who will not make the final 4 in a 6 team comp next year. When you look at it they achieved what they wanted. To conquer and tear the NTFL apart who AFL Tas saw as a real threat to them. Penguin senior players called a meeting themselves and everyone of them signed for 09 with the exception of Chris McDonald who is still a little unsure. But Penguin expect him to stay. The big ones Ling Carpenter French all signed on Thursday night and Penguin have spoken to Baldock and Arrin Butler in the last week. Interesting times ahead.

Who will run Devonport?

Now that Jaimes Wiggins who is undoubtedly one of the best "doers" in Tasmanian football has been given the boot I will ask the question again;

Just who will run Devonport FC?

The only losers with his departure out of this will be the DFC itself. Unless he is replaced by someone equally as skilled, honest,passionate & in the know of what makes footy tick then expect this football club to really struggle in the next 5+ years.

Why do I know? Because, I work and deal with clubs and individuals on a professional level for a large part of a year and let me tell you Wiggo is at the top of the pile.

Tassie is a small place and there are very few dedicated to our game as JW. If people of this nature are forced out then what of the future?

So to those who like to put the knives in for the sake of it well get a life. It's just a bit of a shame when the powers that b don't know what the wicket is doing & make these decisions but then again one should not be surprised given the nature of the beast.

Penguin senior players called a meeting themselves and everyone of them signed for 09 with the exception of Chris McDonald who is still a little unsure. But Penguin expect him to stay. The big ones Ling Carpenter French all signed on Thursday night and Penguin have spoken to Baldock and Arrin Butler in the last week. Interesting times ahead.
I've heard this also, Aaron Butler has signed on aswell. Baldock I haven't heard anything about that?? Penguin could be the real deal next year?? A big turnaround if true.
Looks like they are heading in the right direction:thumbsu: Good on them.

I've heard this also, Aaron Butler has signed on aswell. Baldock I haven't heard anything about that?? Penguin could be the real deal next year?? A big turnaround if true.
Looks like they are heading in the right direction:thumbsu: Good on them.

Baldock is supposed to let them know by Thursday. My mail said he is keen but for me i don't think he has the want to play at a higher level. Is football that important to him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back