Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be seeing Super this weekend so i'll ask him if he is coaching Ulvie.

First I have heard of it but it could be right..

He has spent the last fews years playing for scottsdale, and I think he was coach at some stage there?.. I am not sure if he lives down here still but spends plenty of time in ulv..

Baldock is supposed to let them know by Thursday. My mail said he is keen but for me i don't think he has the want to play at a higher level. Is football that important to him?
I don't know him that well but from what I've picked up from having him at the club this year is that he loves a beer (or 10) and he doesn't seem to take things real serious which can be a bad thing at times. Can play a little but I don't think he would be a dominant player at NTFL level. Would be an o.k/good player at best IMO, Having said that he does play for peanuts. Will be interesting to see if he could make the next step. What do you think he will do?? Do you know him? Have you seen him play?

I don't know him that well but from what I've picked up from having him at the club this year is that he loves a beer (or 10) and he doesn't seem to take things real serious which can be a bad thing at times. Can play a little but I don't think he would be a dominant player at NTFL level. Would be an o.k/good player at best IMO, Having said that he does play for peanuts. Will be interesting to see if he could make the next step. What do you think he will do?? Do you know him? Have you seen him play?

Yea i have seen him play. Has a great pair of hands and kicks goals. Not many players have that ability. He can be talked into playing at the highest level but at the end of the day he has to deep down really want it. I have no doubt with 5 months of pre season training under his belt he would be a very handy player some where inside 50 at any level in Tasmania.

troy davies to coach ulvie is the hot tip with rodman assistant. gale to east ulvie. ponsonby, mccrossen and soden set to sign at bombers this week.[/quote

Rodman was the leader that wanted to go SW. He must be feeling a little guilty for spliting the club down the middle. Davies was a great player and would still kick his 30 - 50 goals in the NTFL. Coached Scottsdale in 07. Will be a good move by Ulvy.

Davies is being interviewed tonight for the job

Yea i have seen him play. Has a great pair of hands and kicks goals. Not many players have that ability. He can be talked into playing at the highest level but at the end of the day he has to deep down really want it. I have no doubt with 5 months of pre season training under his belt he would be a very handy player some where inside 50 at any level in Tasmania.
Sounds like your a fan of his. I guess at the end of the day if you are going to get a kid to play for you, You wan't him to fully commit and wan't to do it. From what i've seen I doubt he is that commited to anything. Hope he stays at the Roos but credit to the Two blues if they can get him there. You never know he is only a kid still so there is plenty of time for him. If i could have my time again I would have tryed my luck abit more at the higher level, but i guess thats another story:thumbsu:

troy davies to coach ulvie is the hot tip with rodman assistant. gale to east ulvie. ponsonby, mccrossen and soden set to sign at bombers this week.[/quote

Rodman was the leader that wanted to go SW. He must be feeling a little guilty for spliting the club down the middle. Davies was a great player and would still kick his 30 - 50 goals in the NTFL. Coached Scottsdale in 07. Will be a good move by Ulvy.

Davies is being interviewed tonight for the job

Super was an assistant to Ant Taylor last season and coached Scottsdale the year before that. Played at Branxholm as an assistant coach in 2006 where i also was part of the coaching panel. We grew up together and went to school together. Haven't seen him for a while but, he was living at Scottsdale and was also spending a lot of time up the coast. Likes to change jobs regularly does Supe. Would have struggled at NTFL level last year against the good sides, but the sides left in the NTFL would be on par with NTFA sides i'd say and yep he'd still be capable of kicking some goals. Very knowledgable about the game, but is pretty injury prone now so i wouldn't expect a lot of games out of him.

Re: Who will coach Devonport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin
I have been reading through this shit for the last week. Couple of things i have decided out of reading this are.
1. Bobcat is Peter Fulton
2. Duff Tv, f*ck off and stick with your little ****ter crew in the south if you don't like the conversations up here. We are probably better off without you.
3. Fults has abused more than one umpire this year at junior games. I have seen it first hand. And before you guys get on your high horses and tell me what a good bloke he is. I agree with you, but i still heard what i heard.

Question? Has James Wiggens been given the chop from the Dev footy club?

Question? Has James Wiggens been given the chop from the Dev footy club?[/quote]

Thursday evening at the members night president elect Steve Daley announced to all and sundry that James's employment was terminated on Tuesday morning evective immediately. After making James bring the club phone and camera back the DFC on Thursday recieved a letter from James's laywer seeking a lump sum payment. James is saying he had a contract . Dport are saying that have a very strong case after consultation with AFL Tas and a prominent lawyer.

Why doesn't this suprise me. Someone didn't do their home work.

vinny ponsonby apprantely signed with the bombers on monday night, but now wants a clearance to burnie[/quote

im best mates with him and he hasn't signed yet with the bombers but he will sign with them he went up to the bombers for a training run tonight should be signing tonight and he will never go play for the dockers he doesnt like them

vinny ponsonby apprantely signed with the bombers on monday night, but now wants a clearance to burnie[/quote

im best mates with him and he hasn't signed yet with the bombers but he will sign with them he went up to the bombers for a training run tonight should be signing tonight and he will never go play for the dockers he doesnt like them

Why would he hate them?

Re: Who will coach Devonport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin
I have been reading through this shit for the last week. Couple of things i have decided out of reading this are.
1. Bobcat is Peter Fulton
2. Duff Tv, f*ck off and stick with your little ****ter crew in the south if you don't like the conversations up here. We are probably better off without you.
3. Fults has abused more than one umpire this year at junior games. I have seen it first hand. And before you guys get on your high horses and tell me what a good bloke he is. I agree with you, but i still heard what i heard.

Thursday evening at the members night president elect Steve Daley announced to all and sundry that James's employment was terminated on Tuesday morning evective immediately. After making James bring the club phone and camera back the DFC on Thursday recieved a letter from James's laywer seeking a lump sum payment. James is saying he had a contract . Dport are saying that have a very strong case after consultation with AFL Tas and a prominent lawyer.

Why doesn't this suprise me. Someone didn't do their home work.[/quote]

From what was being said in the bar friday the above comment is not far off the mark.There were 75 people at the meet the coaches night at devonport Friday night. Even though a lot of them were young types it was promising. Seems there has been a big lift in people wanting to help now that there have been some changes at the top. We are expecting some tough training sessions over the summer with the wiseman brothers signed on as fitness advisers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because some of his mates do and Mcrossen needs a lift to get to training up at the bombers. Devonport are smiling at all the cash coming in with the transfer fees.
From what I can gather from scanning the TSL regulations, as with AFL transfer fees, the transfer fees will be collected by AFL Tas so good luck to Devonport if they get their hands on it.

http://www.southlauncestonfc.com/TSL RULES REGS (1).pdf

Re: Who will run Devonport?

Now that Jaimes Wiggins who is undoubtedly one of the best "doers" in Tasmanian football has been given the boot I will ask the question again;

Just who will run Devonport FC?

The only losers with his departure out of this will be the DFC itself. Unless he is replaced by someone equally as skilled, honest,passionate & in the know of what makes footy tick then expect this football club to really struggle in the next 5+ years.

Why do I know? Because, I work and deal with clubs and individuals on a professional level for a large part of a year and let me tell you Wiggo is at the top of the pile.

Tassie is a small place and there are very few dedicated to our game as JW. If people of this nature are forced out then what of the future?

So to those who like to put the knives in for the sake of it well get a life. It's just a bit of a shame when the powers that b don't know what the wicket is doing & make these decisions but then again one should not be surprised given the nature of the beast.

Well why don't you pop up and come to the DFC AGM later this month. That will show you how much go and do the tadpole had in him. The final straw for the club was when he was asked to organise some waiters 4 a breakfast and for some reason they failed to turn up. The club has offered James 2 full time jobs and he has refused both.So come on up and get the real story. Remember there is always 2 sides to a story

Errol has definately been a wise choice by the Devonport Board, having produced a sound year this year and will definately be a contender in 2010. Things are looking very positive at Magpie land:thumbsu:

Errol is a football genius, he will miss his best mate Paul Aitkens.. Heard the club has signed a few former players including a young ruckman with Qafl experience. in Hayden Fox.. could be a good pick for Devonport

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will coach Devonport?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back