Who Will Draw The Biggest Crowd Round 1 2009 - Richmond V's Carlton or Hawthorn V's Geelong

Who Will Draw The Biggest Crowd Round 1

• Richmond V's Carlton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn V's Geelong ( Grand Final Replay )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres a difference between richmnod and carlton members and geelong and hawthorns september memebers who only turn up when u make finals that why we dont need neutrals to our game and your to teams do

There wouldnt be too many Richmond september members around.

Probably died of boredem.

Either way hawthorn-geelong will be the better game hands down, regardless of whether the carlton-richmond game draws even double the crowd.

For what it's worth, probably carlton-richmond.

Hawks vs Cats. I happen to like watching good football sides.

Cats vs Hawks would be much better viewing. Easily.

Do you Carlton and Richmond fans truly think that there will be more neutrals wanting to watch Carlton v Richmond than Geelong v Hawthorn? There's a reason ours was the most attended GF in ages.

This thread was done like a few days ago. Who would want to see Richmond VS Carlton other than their own supporters?

Do you 3, in particular sherrthecat and BABYBOMBERS, realise the difference between 'crowd' and 'TV viewers' ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2007 replay: Port vs. Geelong = 28,206
2006 replay: Sydney vs. West Coast = 62,586
Round 1 2008 Carlton vs. Richmond = 72,552

Replays have been pretty "meh". Carlton and Richmond expect finals, and have around 40,000 members each.

Carlton vs. Richmond = 75,000

Hawthorn vs. Geelong = 60,000

Bookmark it.

So we're going to draw 26,000 less then we did to a game in the middle of winter last year (the day before Essendon-Collingwood last year)

I have an intense dislike for stupid people :rolleyes:

It really isn't an issue, Carlton-Richmond has NEVER drawn 85,000+ to a home and away game, Hawthorn and Geelong SOLD OUT the MCG in the middle of winter

Both clubs have more members then both Carlton and Richmond and both drew more to Melbourne based games last year

Fans will turn out in droves to see Carlton v Richmond (2 Big 4 clubs) open the season

There will be 80,000 at the Carlton/Richmond game and the Hawthorn/Geelong game will be lucky to draw 60,000 people!

'Big 4' in terms of what?

Saving Tasmanian games (which have a capacity of 20,000) Hawthorn (and for that matter Geelong) easily outdraw Richmond and Carlton

Richmond don't even have a major sponsor FFS

So we're going to draw 26,000 less then we did to a game in the middle of winter last year (the day before Essendon-Collingwood last year)

I have an intense dislike for stupid people :rolleyes:

It really isn't an issue, Carlton-Richmond has NEVER drawn 85,000+ to a home and away game, Hawthorn and Geelong SOLD OUT the MCG in the middle of winter

Both clubs have more members then both Carlton and Richmond and both drew more to Melbourne based games last year

'Big 4' in terms of what?

Saving Tasmanian games (which have a capacity of 20,000) Hawthorn (and for that matter Geelong) easily outdraw Richmond and Carlton

Richmond don't even have a major sponsor FFS

don't know what you're smoking but i want in!!

So you seriously think that the cats and hawks have more supporters then carlton and richmond? Is that what you're trying to dribble out??

You don't think that maybe just maybe these teams membership is not as much at the moment due to the respective on field performance of the 2 clubs for the last few years??

I mean the tiges have only made the finals twice in the last 25 years, you don't think this has an impact?? The fact we still have huge numbers get to games is a testiment to the supporters of the club.
Switch the roles and I bet the hawks would average 15-25k per game.

If all 4 teams make the finals next year the blues and tigers will have more fans through the gate no doubt.

Now I know you have a dislike for stupid people but do you think its healthy to hate yourself??

Richmond v Carlton since both teams have larger support bases than Hawthorn and Geelong. And the Judd v Cousins factor will pull a lot of people too.

Hawthorn and Geelong will be an exciting, intense match too, possibly even more so, but that isn't the question. It won't draw as big a crowd as RvC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who Will Draw The Biggest Crowd Round 1 2009 - Richmond V's Carlton or Hawthorn V's Geelong

Back