Preview Who will have a breakout year in 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously would like to see Did's have a big 2012, they may change his role in the team ala Davis this year, which could rejuvenate his career. Be interesting 2012 for Did's.

Like to see a couple of the young guns step up Seedsman and J Thomas could have an impact this year if given the chance. Really like the look of Seedsman, to me could play AFL and have an impact straight away. J Thomas in the same boat but needs to get onto the park, and play consistent footy. Like to see the big Witts have an immediate impact once given his chance. I think will play pretty early on next season, and hoping N Brown can find that 2010 GF form x 2, and really add another bow to our defence.

Andy krakouer. We saw with didak what can happen to a player with no preseason and when you consider his lack of preseason and the fact that he came up from the wafl he was a revelation last season. He'll get more midfield minutes this year and will be stronger, fitter and less distracted by the media circus that defined his existence all season. He's just one of the boys now. Watch this space, he'll have a blinder.

Ahh, I've just gone through all the photos from ARizona for the third time and I can't see one shot of J.Thomas, even of him lingering in the background. I've pretty much accounted for every other player...but is he even over there?

I think Yaggz will be one to watch, his boot looks deadly and he has some pace to back that up.

Another I think is Fas, he has shown that he is a great player, and with a full preseason soon to be under his belt he should be able to step it up to really cement his position in the 22.

Keeffe would be nice to have a breakout season, though looking at his 2011 games, this seems a little less likely than the rest of them. If he can have a good preseason, no injuries, then he can probably be a bigger chance to be selected.

No concrete thoughts on who will have a breakout year but thoughts on who may be given the opportunity.

Sounds a funny statement doesn't it?

Comes about from Bux desire for better disposal, especially into the forward line. So we are talking running half backs and center line players here with good disposal. Players that impress with consistently good disposal into the forward line are likely to be given opportunities no matter what their birth certificate says.

If I was backed into a corner and made to select one, it would probably be Beams, has been forced into bit roles while learning by MM, if Bux decides to use him onball more often he has the ability to impress with more time in the spotlight.

I think Yaggz will be one to watch, his boot looks deadly and he has some pace to back that up.

Another I think is Fas, he has shown that he is a great player, and with a full preseason soon to be under his belt he should be able to step it up to really cement his position in the 22.

Keeffe would be nice to have a breakout season, though looking at his 2011 games, this seems a little less likely than the rest of them. If he can have a good preseason, no injuries, then he can probably be a bigger chance to be selected.

The Yagabomb would be an outstanding effort, considering how lowly rated he was by the market.

Keeffe having a breakout year would add a LOT to our side.

I reckon Beams will show the greatest improvement over the year from all senior players. He will start to get more midfield time, and be spurred by missing the GF last season (albeit a losing game).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back