Preview Who will have a breakout year in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Levi surprised many (not everyone) with his break out year. Disappointed he is gone but I wonder who fellow BF folk think is the best chance to 'do a Levi' and take a big step up in their career this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm worried he will struggle to get a game with Waite coming in, and then he will do a Levi...
Signed to 2017 I think.

I have a feeling Sammy Wright from Katamatite might be one to genuinely cement his spot in the 22 next season. When you talk about Levi, Brown, Turner, I'd almost add Sammy as one of the surprise packets of last season. Almost. He's similar in a way to Levi in that he's been in and out of the side (more in than out) playing 15 and 16 games in 2014, 2013 respectively and is a year younger than Levi.

For much of his career I've always seen him as an awkward player, not one of my favourites, and had trouble seeing if and where he could make it. In 2014 I think we've finally found him a spot in defence, and hopefully he can now continue his progress and make that spot his own. He showed a lot of class, poise and maturity in the second half of this season, especially at the very pointy end in big games, at biiiiig moments. I can see him becoming our new and better version of Scotty Mac when he was in his prime and so cool, calm and collected in defence. Unless the new and improved Scott McMahon finds his form again and returns to his old former self. If that makes sense.

Along with Wright I have a feeling we may see very good seasons from Ziebell, Atley and a smokey in Blacky. If they all have break-out seasons....:eek:

Cunnington & Ziebell will improve again. But as far as real 'breakout' season, where I guess the rest of the AFL starts to takes notice, Atley, you're time is now.

Jacobs will all depend on the opportunities he is given & I think he will be given them early. If he hasn't taken his chances & cemented a spot by Round 8 Dumont will be waiting.

Black could get it all together & I still hope that Bastinac can start to become more damaging.

PS Hate the thread title... Do we have to mention LG in it?

I think that little number 29 shows a lot of promise, I'll say him......Actually I'm on Harps to resurrect his career.

Ats and Adams, I still think Adams will surprise a few when he has a good pre season and gets back to be being a top 10 player for us.
Big call re; Adams.

Reckon there would be a few around here who don't want him in the side again.

Will be interesting to see what transpires.

Brad McKenzie and Jarrad Waite

shifty-eyed-dog-o.gif

Ziebell's had some promising games, but I dare anyone to label him as a consistent league wide player atm. Cunnington on the other hand is.....

I think the finals would of instilled a massive amount of confidence in Ziebell.

I reckon we will see ALOT more of him deep forward next year rotating through the middle, I fear what he may do to some of the bottom teams next year, imo we will see a few 5+ bags from him and he's probably my pick for the big breakout, might win the B&F.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Who will have a breakout year in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back