Who will the carlton scum knife in the back after their upcoming years of failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy was SACKED...

Parkin retired...

Sheedy was a 4 time premiership coach for Essendon, Pagan was a two time wooden spoon coach of Carlton...

Both sacked yet I think it's fair to say that at least one of those deserved better, a right to go out on their own terms.

Pagan was terrible at Carlton and had to go, he had lost the confidence of the players and club staff and as a result his position became untenable. If you call that knifing a guy in the back after we spent lots of money on him for little results then that is your perogative. We gave him a shitload more than he gave us, we owed him nothing.

Same can't be said for Sheedy who was always an Essendon man through and through and was utterly devestated to be told by the club he'd dedicated 20 successful years that he wasn't wanted anymore.

I know which of these I'd call a knifing in the back.

you had the worst list in the comp, no coach could have done any better than pagan and blaming him for your failure shows carlton's true colours, poor form.

You had 2 applicants........one told the truth.....one lied

Guess who got the job

Carlton: We want Voss to coach, he is our number one choice.

Voss: There is no way i'll be coaching next year I want to stay in media

Brisbane: Hey Vossy wanna coach?

Voss: **** yes, get me away from Carlton. NOW!!

Pagan was treated very fairly, he finally gets the club on it's feet and they knife him for a puppet in Ratten who's only coaching ability is to say "Go Blues".

Blue skys ahead for indeed for Blues fans, they are so confident in their own team they need to pay shit ruckman from other clubs 400k a year to convince them to join.

What a ****ing pathetic club they have become. To think I once respected them, I feel so ashamed.:eek::eek::D:D

Wayne Hughes for sure. They've tried to snare our recruiter in the past and then our development manager.

Not happy with who they have obviously.

Hughes had only had a tough decision to make in the draft since 2003 and that was in 2004 with pick 9 and he took Russell.

The picks he had in 2005, 2006, 2007 we easy picks as most judges had these goes to go no.1 in the draft.

2003 a bit speculative with Walker. Enough said.

Who were we supposed to take? Chris Egan? Like Collingwood did at pick 10? You delisted him this year, good recruiting pies!!!!

But to answer your question, if things go bad ill be putting the knife into Carrazzo. Just dont rate him!!!

you had the worst list in the comp, no coach could have done any better than pagan and blaming him for your failure shows carlton's true colours, poor form.
Ratts has done more development in 12 months than Pagan did his entire time with us. He was good with a good list (like the Roos) and hopeless without. The evidence is well documented but keep living in fantasy land

What a great thread to read back through.

Five stars just for the sheer weight of fail in the form of carlolton posters talking their pathetic rabble up before the season started.

Comedy gold.

Nice to see you folks enjoying yourselves. Suppose I should bend over and take whats coming now.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still bitter he never considered Tigerland?!!!
Who is on your hit list? Coach or president?

What a great thread to read back through.

Five stars just for the sheer weight of fail in the form of carlolton posters talking their pathetic rabble up before the season started.

Comedy gold.
happy with my call on Tigers but in hindsight Ess has skipped past us

Lose the battle win the war. We could lose to Essendon for the next 5 years for all I care... as long as we snag a flag before they do. While you've got our measure head-to-head, I think we're closer to the overall dream.

The injury curse we've had over the last couple of years has improved our depth. Players go out, and others step in. Watson going down on friday night should of been the end of us. Instead, Lonergan, Stanton and Prismall stepped up. At carlton meanwhile, i have concerns about your depth, structure and coach. Until you rectify these, you'll be just making up the numbers. Having said that, i know things can change pretty quickly.

No one can possibly know or say for certain which team will reach 17 flags first.

Lose the battle win the war. We could lose to Essendon for the next 5 years for all I care... as long as we snag a flag before they do. While you've got our measure head-to-head, I think we're closer to the overall dream.

You're not ahead of anyone while Bannister continues to be in your best 22.

At carlton meanwhile, i have concerns about your depth, structure and coach. Until you rectify these, you'll be just making up the numbers. Having said that, i know things can change pretty quickly.

I think it's blown all out of proportion tbh. Had we been able to kick straighter in a few matches we'd be top 4... and for such a young team that's really ahead of where I would have expected us to be this year. As opposed to being exactly where I thought we'd be.

Depth - could always be better, but I think it has more to do with people under-rating players than anything else.

Structure - not sure if this relates to coach or team members.

Coach - has some issues for sure, but is a second year coach still putting it together. Plenty of upside.

No one can possibly know or say for certain which team will reach 17 flags first.
Sure... but I'd still have my money on Carlton ;)

I think it's blown all out of proportion tbh. Had we been able to kick straighter in a few matches we'd be top 4... and for such a young team that's really ahead of where I would have expected us to be this year. As opposed to being exactly where I thought we'd be.

What's been blown out of proportion from day dot is the potential of your current side. Sure, you've got some half decent players and potentially half decent players, but if I was a carlton supporter I'd find the spud to player ratio disturbingly high. Drafting players like Warnock and continuing to give players like Stevens a game would not fill me with much hope for the future.

Depth - could always be better, but I think it has more to do with people under-rating players than anything else.

No. It doesn't. The majority of your list is overated.. hideously.

Structure - not sure if this relates to coach or team members.

Both. I really couldn't see how to improve it though. They're both unmitigated disasters.

Coach - has some issues for sure, but is a second year coach still putting it together. Plenty of upside.

Yet the majority of carlton posters on your board have no confidence in him. :eek:

He has some issues alright - the inability to coach a football side is perhaps the most pressing one.

Bannister is not in our best 22. Buggered if I know why Ratten played him these last 2 games.

See above.

Sure, you've got some half decent players and potentially half decent players, but if I was a carlton supporter I'd find the spud to player ratio disturbingly high.

Spuds like who... Bower? Well he was last year apparently. This year though it seems opposition supporters are finally catching on. The problem is it takes a while for these guys to reach the potential we see in them and then further time for other supporters to catch up.

The majority of your list is overated.. hideously.
Must be why we have so many acknowledged spuds on our list :rolleyes:
Both. I really couldn't see how to improve it though. They're both unmitigated disasters.
For a very young side to be in the top 8 every week bar one; to have been a few straight kicks away from a top 4 spot; with our structure damaged by continuing injuries to key backs; I fail to see the unmitigated disaster. I think you've really got yourself worked up X-man.

Yet the majority of carlton posters on your board have no confidence in him. :eek:
Oh... the Carton board you say. Full of reasoned minds following Friday nights debacle. Must be an accurate indicator of whether Ratts can coach or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who will the carlton scum knife in the back after their upcoming years of failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back