Who would you like to win the flag if we don't ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Same for me, but North surly not.

PS And I used to dislike the Hawks...

I used to dislike them too. But previous experience with hawks fan at the gf/in Melbourne last year as well as a few hawks fans at subi has got me liking them more.

I had similar experiences with Geelong fans at KP but the way they act on here is just embarrassing for them. The only time I have been in agreeable with Geelong fans lately was when a few of them agreed that Crowley, Ballantyne and Fyfe were unfairly targeted by the MRP - that was until they mentioned stevie J in the same breath

Hawks aren't just the lesser of 4 evils (plus port) - I actually like them now. Buddy leaving has probably helped this. Just need lake to leave and id like them even more haha

Hey Freo fans, gotta say that there is lot's of love for the Hawks from you guys. Much appreciated as all the Hawks fans I know are going for Freo this week and Freo to go all the way if you guys knock us out in the PF. Had a great time with some Freo families last year in Melb so would be great to have the purple haze back here next week for a re-match. I know it's not a GF but it will be a great contest none the less if you guys can knock over Port.

Good luck on Sat and see you next week.

Hey Freo fans, gotta say that there is lot's of love for the Hawks from you guys. Much appreciated as all the Hawks fans I know are going for Freo this week and Freo to go all the way if you guys knock us out in the PF. Had a great time with some Freo families last year in Melb so would be great to have the purple haze back here next week for a re-match. I know it's not a GF but it will be a great contest none the less if you guys can knock over Port.

Good luck on Sat and see you next week.
Just putting this out there....I love your avatar

I used to dislike them too. But previous experience with hawks fan at the gf/in Melbourne last year as well as a few hawks fans at subi has got me liking them more.

I had similar experiences with Geelong fans at KP but the way they act on here is just embarrassing for them. The only time I have been in agreeable with Geelong fans lately was when a few of them agreed that Crowley, Ballantyne and Fyfe were unfairly targeted by the MRP - that was until they mentioned stevie J in the same breath

Hawks aren't just the lesser of 4 evils (plus port) - I actually like them now. Buddy leaving has probably helped this. Just need lake to leave and id like them even more haha

Yeah, that is the one downside with going for the Hawks. Lake is a nutcase and shit bloke to boot (probably). My respect for Hawthorn increased tenfold this year after seeing the way they covered constant injuries to key players, probably the most talented team and got there with good drafting and trading unlike those COLA pricks.

Wouldn't it be perfect for the AFL if Sydney could grab the last couple of flags before their monster spawn dominates for the next decade.

I'm going to go with Hawks too. Lake's a dirty flog, but there's a lot of players in the team that I like & respect, like Roughy, Hodge, Gunston & Jesus.

Sydney are dirty salary cap cheaps
Geelong are dirty ducking umpire lovers
North just aren't a very good team. I know they beat us (ugh), and they deserved to be top 8 sure, but I can't see them getting past this week.

I really appreciate most Freo supporters picking the Hawks.

I know I've said this many times before, but if the Hawks don't win it then I hope Fremantle do. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Fremantle football club and it would be deserving for players like Pavlich, Sandilands and McPharlin to win a flag before they retire, plus there's a lot of underrated players in the Fremantle side like Mzungu, Ibbotson, Spurr, Johnson, Duffield, Mundy and co who I would like to see win a flag.

If Fremantle do happen to make this year's Grand final, I will be barracking for them. :)

Last edited:
Just wanted to also state my thanks to you guys. If Hawthorn aren't in there this year then I hope it is your guys. I'll be supporting passionately for you to beat Sydney (most likely they will be there), even if you do beat us in the process. Would love to see Pav get a premiership. Ross probably deserves one too. Good luck against Port!

I don't care who wins if we can't win it.. although if this years grand final was between Sydney and the Hawks, I'd prefer the Hawks get up. Geelong can go eabod's

So I guess I contradict myself then.
That is footy!
Your heart condradicts reality and you come off looking like a foamer.

Port all the way for me (cuz they're a lot like us), with Hawks a close second (just to get up the Cats supporters' noses and their 'dynasty').

Sydney I don't mind, then NM, then daylight to Geelong (cheating, ducking, diving) and their supporters, a very ungracious, argumentative bunch on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake, the hype of Cryril, and Buddy were my biggest peeves. I don't hate buddy but hes too good you only want him playing for you. Lake = dog on the field, good bloke off. Cryril - already explained him up there. Going into the GF the only thing that would have been acceptable in a loss was the Lake story was "romantic" that he might get a premiership. He totally ruined it in my eyes. Unworthy Norm winnner.

I like clarko, and I like mitchell, hodge and sewell. I actually think Mitchell is one of the most unique and interesting/compelling players in AFL. 95% of the time he's mr casual. Mundy has shades of that too.

I don't know who Id want to win this year aside from us.. Maybe Hawks for the Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell, Gunston, Smith factor. Since sydney has Buddy and just beat us..

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you like to win the flag if we don't ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back