Who would you pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

i like the idea of darling for our first pick as a future replacement for pav, and monaco with our second as a future replacement for mcpharlin, after that, the best possible midfielders

Apparently, the AFL or Richmond website just accidentally published an article about how Richmond picked Conca with pick 6.

Originally Posted by Quigley
It was announced on the Richmond website that they had taken Conca and there was a spiel on how great a player he is. Someone getting ready for tonight and the AFL jumped the gun in puting it up there.

Conca was flown up there late after the rest of the top 10 prospects were already gone.

Welcome to Freo Darling or Cripps?

Just my opinion but Conca will be good but if they take him at 6 they'll regret it I reckon. They'll be leaving some very good prospects for others.

History does tend to repeat itself and this could be another "Buddy" incident for the Tigers and perhaps another example of the pick 6 curse?

Apparently, the AFL or Richmond website just accidentally published an article about how Richmond picked Conca with pick 6.

[/i]

Welcome to Freo Darling or Cripps?
yep i think its gunna be DARLING aswell(i really have know idea at all)...our forwardline in 2011 is going to be fairly dynamic,with 3 tackling demons in ballas,mayne,darling complimented with pav,anthony.:thumbsu:

Just my opinion but Conca will be good but if they take him at 6 they'll regret it I reckon. They'll be leaving some very good prospects for others.

History does tend to repeat itself and this could be another "Buddy" incident for the Tigers and perhaps another example of the pick 6 curse?

I think he is well worth pick 6 and is a very safe bet. He has fantastic awareness, skills, decision making and has leadership material written all over him. The type of guy who will keep going when the team is on the ropes.

At the end of the day, just because someone racks up possessions doesn't mean they should be higher up on the rankings. Conca's rise says a heap about the premium placed on skills, good decision making and avoidance of turnovers. He was the most efficeint midfielder at the champs. Gotta remember that Hill didn't dominate the champs or rack up huge numbers either. I say well done to Tiges if they draft him.

I think he is well worth pick 6 and is a very safe bet. He has fantastic awareness, skills, decision making and has leadership material written all over him. The type of guy who will keep going when the team is on the ropes.

At the end of the day, just because someone racks up possessions doesn't mean they should be higher up on the rankings. Conca's rise says a heap about the premium placed on skills, good decision making and avoidance of turnovers. He was the most efficeint midfielder at the champs. Gotta remember that Hill didn't dominate the champs or rack up huge numbers either. I say well done to Tiges if they draft him.

sorry to go against you mate, but hill did dominate the champs, he won WA's best and fairest for the comp and was all australian when WA won the whole thing. he also dominated the draft testing, winning the agility (with a record score) and was right up there in several other tests.

however i do agree with you on conca, he seems to be a natural footballer, a real simon black type, who would go well in any side, i dont think richmond would regret getting him at 6

Matt Little! He is a near certainty to be at your club next year, my only thoughts would be as insurance in case Anthony doesn't make it to you in the PSD. I don't know which pick but i would guess it will be your last in the draft.

How do you know this?

Wouldn't expect much more news to come out with the draft so close. Only interesting thing to come out today is that Port look set to pass on Lycett in favour of a small, which is hardly surprising.

As for this Matt Little rumour, he wouldn't be too bad a rookie selection or possibly an option in the PSD if someone does steal Anthony. But I would be very disappointed if we took him (or any mature aged player) tonight.

So what are people predicting/hoping for?

I'm predicting....

20 - Cripps
44 - Litherland
56 - Hamp

I'm hoping for....

20 - Darling
44 - Fasolo
56 - Andreoli

With Mullett and Monaco being my outsiders.

My predicted first round looks like this....

1 Gold Coast Suns - David Swallow
2 Gold Coast Suns - Harley Bennell
3 Gold Coast Suns - Sam Day
4 West Coast Eagles - Andrew Gaff
5 Brisbane Lions - Jared Polec
6 Richmond - Reece Conca
7 Gold Coast Suns - Josh Caddy
8 Essendon - Shaun Atley
9 Gold Coast Suns - Daniel Gorringe
10 Gold Coast Suns - Dion Prestia
11 Gold Coast Suns - Jayden Pitt
12 Melbourne - Tom Lynch
13 Gold Coast Suns - Seb Tape
14 Adelaide Crows - Dyson Heppell
15 Geelong Cats - Billie Smedts
16 Port Adelaide - Brodie Smith
17 North Melbourne - Isaac Smith
18 Carlton - Matt Watson
19 Hawthorn - Jed Lamb
20 Fremantle - Jamie Cripps
21 Sydney Swans - Kieran Harper
22 Western Bulldogs (FS) - Mitch Wallis
23 Geelong Cats - Pat McCarthy
24 St Kilda - Scott Lycett
25 Brisbane Lions - Ben Jacobs

I'm predicting....

20 - Cripps
44 - Litherland
56 - Hamp

I posted that exact same prediction on other forum, I think that's the way we'll go. I have a feeling we'll go for Cripps even if Darling is available.

I'm hoping for;

20: McCarthy
44: Mitchell
56: Wilson

So Matt Little apparently heading to us as a late pick in the ND/ PSD/ rookie draft. Bit of a run down:

DOB: 1/3/1986, so will be playing as a 25 year old next season.
Height: 188cm, weight: 85kg.
Plays FF for Williamstown in the VFL.
Formerly drafted by Hawthorn at pick 26 in the 2004 AFL draft.

Achievements: VFL team of the year 2009, 2010, Frosty Miller Medal 2010 (leading VFL goal scorer with 84 goals from 20 games), Frank Johnson Medal 2010 (best player against WA with 7 goals).

Not sure if you guys saw it - and I didn't want to start another thread.

But James Walker was nominated as the best number 6 pick ever.

Now as serviceable as Walker was - that's an absolute blight on recruiters with the number 6 pick eh?

You guys had it last year yeah?

How do you reckon Shepherd will end up, better than Walker?

You guys had it last year yeah?

How do you reckon Shepherd will end up, better than Walker?

We had sheppard - in lucky number 7

Sydney had 6 with Rohan

And yeah - i reckon Sheppard will be better than walker.

Similar pace (not quite as quick, but few are) - but better skills - something we sorely need more of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if his first year is anything to go by he must be a monty to become the best #6 ever.

Given the current options - you or I could be the best number 6 ever.

Well maybe not me - i'd have shredded at least one of my leg muscles about 2 weeks into pre-season.

So where do you think Darling will slide to then Chris?

My money is on West Coast with their priority pick.

But really he could go anywhere. Melbourne, Carlton, Fremantle, Sydney, Saints, Geelong and Brisbane would all be considering him in the first round. He would have to be the hardest to predict.

Wouldn't expect much more news to come out with the draft so close. Only interesting thing to come out today is that Port look set to pass on Lycett in favour of a small, which is hardly surprising.

As for this Matt Little rumour, he wouldn't be too bad a rookie selection or possibly an option in the PSD if someone does steal Anthony. But I would be very disappointed if we took him (or any mature aged player) tonight.

I'm predicting....

20 - Cripps
44 - Litherland
56 - Hamp

I'm hoping for....

20 - Darling
44 - Fasolo
56 - Andreoli

With Mullett and Monaco being my outsiders.

My predicted first round looks like this....

1 Gold Coast Suns - David Swallow
2 Gold Coast Suns - Harley Bennell
3 Gold Coast Suns - Sam Day
4 West Coast Eagles - Andrew Gaff
5 Brisbane Lions - Jared Polec
6 Richmond - Reece Conca
7 Gold Coast Suns - Josh Caddy
8 Essendon - Shaun Atley
9 Gold Coast Suns - Daniel Gorringe
10 Gold Coast Suns - Dion Prestia
11 Gold Coast Suns - Jayden Pitt
12 Melbourne - Tom Lynch
13 Gold Coast Suns - Seb Tape
14 Adelaide Crows - Dyson Heppell
15 Geelong Cats - Billie Smedts
16 Port Adelaide - Brodie Smith
17 North Melbourne - Isaac Smith
18 Carlton - Matt Watson
19 Hawthorn - Jed Lamb
20 Fremantle - Jamie Cripps
21 Sydney Swans - Kieran Harper
22 Western Bulldogs (FS) - Mitch Wallis
23 Geelong Cats - Pat McCarthy
24 St Kilda - Scott Lycett
25 Brisbane Lions - Ben Jacobs

You wouldn't take Cook at 20 if no Darling?

Darling doesnt look very mobile at all.

id be very happy if we land Conca and Hamp.
Hamp to me looks like the real wildcard in this draft with hardly any exposure or coverage on him, hes tall, fast and has a build thats ready for round 1 footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back