Who's going to break out this season!? :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Every offseason without fail we hear about those players that are finally going to break out or take their game to another level. Every year I read "Deng will be more aggressive this season", now I'm reading "Boozer won't suck this year based off a preseason game", Tyrus Thomas in the past etc. At no point have they ever shown they're capable of doing these things but because they aren't playing games it's all of a sudden possible. Bosh averaging double digit rebounds, Kobe not chucking as much are some other examples.

So who are the players around the league that are finally going to have their breakout seasons, or change their games in a way they never have before?

You'll probably see more of the Rondo from the playoffs which will probably lead to him being a huge chance at MVP. Jeff Green is a big chance to break out. Al Horford or Josh Smith could start putting up bigger scorer numbers with the chucker in Joe Johnson gone. Pekovic will break out and John Wall should when he returns from injury.

I think Paul George will stay on the rise going into his 3rd season, not many changes to the roster, so they will be able to get cracking straight away, breakout potential.

Jeff Green is a big chance to break out.

I'm excited to watch Jeff Green this year, I know it was the pre season but if he can keep up some of the form he showed during it and improve on it, has the chance to be the most important addition (or should we say re-addition?) to the Celtics this season.

The need for a legit second unit scoring option was exposed during the playoffs last year I feel. I think they have that covered this year even some of there additions fire.

Nic Batum will be trying to prove his worth of that contract (hopefully.) Think Wes Matthews will become a top 10 SG in the league too.
Big Baby will put up massive numbers and lead the Magic as he did in the Playoffs. Runaway MIP favourite surely
John Wall is another I'm expecting to take a big step

Tyreke Evans, contract year and he has a lot to prove after a great rookie year, a average second year and a third year where everyone expected him to flourish but he just sucked instead.

Tyreke Evans, contract year and he has a lot to prove after a great rookie year, a average second year and a third year where everyone expected him to flourish but he just sucked instead.

Damn!

As soon as I saw the title I thought Reke!!

As said above, he is in a contract year and would want to get paid so he will want to play well

Damn!

As soon as I saw the title I thought Reke!!

As said above, he is in a contract year and would want to get paid so he will want to play well
He also needs to start showing that he can be great like he was in his rookie season. He has the tools. Sadly, Sacramento might be a bad fit as he's definitely not born to play the three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also needs to start showing that he can be great like he was in his rookie season. He has the tools. Sadly, Sacramento might be a bad fit as he's definitely not born to play the three.

Doesn't help that he has to have the ball in his hands, as well with Cousins and IT and now Brooks.... ughhh.. Need more basketballs :D

Doesn't help that he has to have the ball in his hands, as well with Cousins and IT and now Brooks.... ughhh.. Need more basketballs :D
Surely Sacramento will get rid of a guard some time this season? They need a true SF and they need the ball in Reke's hands. If that happens and Cousins continues to improve they can be dangerous.

Surely Sacramento will get rid of a guard some time this season? They need a true SF and they need the ball in Reke's hands. If that happens and Cousins continues to improve they can be dangerous.

We had T.Williams (who played well at the end of the season) but decided to not renew his contract and instead got Johnson from Toronto.

Except the jumper.

To his credit he has improved the jumper over the last two off seasons, it's no where near all star quality but it's passable.

Is it too early for Klay Thompson to have a breakout year? Think he will explode this year

My other picks to would be Asik and Javale McGee

Norris Cole.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins (will be an all star C). Expecting Greg Monroe to put up some big numbers too.

Must say, I'm quite shocked to not see the name Kyrie Irving mentioned yet. There is almost no way the kid doesn't break out this season. I expect a jump to All-Star level play and for him to be a top 3 point guard in the league this season (Rondo + Paul being ahead).

Asik has really impressed me from watching each preseason game. If he can stay out of foul trouble he will prove well worth the contract he was given.

Like above though, it is all about Kyrie this year. Will be great viewing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's going to break out this season!? :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back