Who's just a little excited..

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say that I don't think that you guys played anywhere near your best yesterday - and before you all get angry and trundle out the 'any side that loses to Freo always says OMG how bad did we play', hear me out.

I actually agree with you. If you read through the game thread, so many of us were getting angry with how bad we were playing in the first half. Something must have been said at half time for them to kick it up a notch.

I'm having trouble containing myself about the belief I have that we can knock off Geelong this weekend.

I'm loving that we're 2-0 and am certainly trying to keep my feet on the ground but it's becoming difficult

I actually agree with you. If you read through the game thread, so many of us were getting angry with how bad we were playing in the first half. Something must have been said at half time for them to kick it up a notch.

I got the impression they had put themselves under a lot of pressure, ie Pav's strange decision making. They knew there was a hoodoo to overcome and that they could do it, they just made it hard for themselves by overthinking it. A self belief thing.

I reckon the half time message would have been, stop screwing around and win already.

The Geelong game should be interesting for the same reason.

You bloody beauty! Can you consider me an honorary member this year? I don't have much to look forward to otherwise :(

Hamo will be getting his first membership at the game next week if I can snag the tix from work. He bounced around the house like Tigger tonight when the siren went.

On a side note I went to the G today because my middle boy is a Demon (don't ask!) - how is it that my kids' teams are all doing better than mine?

Cheers Bottle Brown, Hamo wasn't the only one bouncing around the house. I can only wonder what the neighbours thought.

The dockers have given us a lot to smile about so far this year.

Wow, just wow. All the hardcore peeps I sit with for the last 5 years were just screaming at the end. We all high 5'd and hugged. Incredible atmosphere.
Man all the hard times make the good times better.

I can't remember being at a better game (I was living in Brisbane for that J-Lo game). Both in quality and excitement. I've been at some heartstoppers in the past, but never in a game played at that level/intensity.

Was an amazing game, credit must be given to both sides.

Still need to keep a lid on it but I am enjoying life at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just got home an still pumped :)
I wasnt excited last week as i dont rate essendon.

But now i cant hold it back.

Another big test next week but even if the results dont go our way its the way we are playing, the determination of the boys to fight back.
Im sure the players are all startin to get excited now too gonna be hard for harvs to keep a lid on it.

Although I'm sure the message of 'keeping a lid on it' will be used frequently this week (as it should be), that was a terrific victory against the benchmark of the past 3 seasons.

Irrespective of the Cats playing stocks, we showed great resilience in that game and it is a promising sign for the season ahead. Lets hope there is more to come!!!

Irrespective of the Cats playing stocks, we showed great resilience in that game and it is a promising sign for the season ahead. Lets hope there is more to come!!!

Congrats on the win, and resilience was very impressive from Freo indeed being 3 goals or so down. Geelong usually wins the tight ones but I think they just ran out of legs. The home crowd got Freo home and Geelong just didn't want it bad enough. Sandilands was the difference, which was always likely with our pathetic ruck stocks minus Ottens.

I guess your real challenge is a win against a good side in Melbourne. If you beat the Saints even without Reiwoldt, I think people will take notice. Very tough though. Good luck.

I was still impressed with Geelongs effort, short break, hard game against Hawks, trip to WA, 2 debutantes in key positions and 4 All Australians out of the team.

I was hard as a Chinese crossword puzzle at the footy today.

Couldn't hear the song for the noise

oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi

See me ride out of the sunset
On your colored TV screen
Out for all that I can get
If you know what I mean
Women to the left of me
Women to the right
Ain't got no gun
got no knife
Don't you start no fight

(Chorus)
Cos I'm
FRE. MAN. TLE
I'm Dynamite
FRE. MAN. TLE
And I'll win the fight
FRE. MAN. TLE
I'm a power-load
FRE. MAN. TLE
Watch me Explode

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a Wanted man
Public Enemy Number One
Understand
So lock up your daughter
And lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town
So don't you mess around

(Chorus)

FRE. MAN. TLE oi oi oi
FRE. MAN. TLE oi oi oi
FRE. MAN. TLE oi oi oi
FRE. MAN. TLE oi oi oi

FRE. MAN. TLE
I'm Dynamite (oi oi oi)
FRE. MAN. TLE
And I'll win the fight (oi oi oi)
FRE. MAN. TLE
I'm a power-load (oi oi oi)
FRE. MAN. TLE
Watch me explode

I didn't put this up but I just found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGgtrCS8Jwg

Nine seconds of history.

I keep watching this and having a little cry every time the siren sounds in the replay. Such a beautiful, yet simple, capture of the joy of our club's fans. Nine seconds of sound, that captures 16 years of longing so well.

You lot that get to see home games at Subi are so lucky to be in the middle of such a cauldron of purple passion and fire 11 times a year.

Hopefully, when I see our game against the Sainters next week, we might get to see a win too.

Go Freo - and by goodness don't forget there are more than a few of us outside WA that love the purple....

Sensational atmosphere at the ground - I've never heard 2 points get cheered that much, and the noise with Duffield's goal and the siren was just sensational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's just a little excited..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back