Why are Collingwood supporters such bad losers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we did. And the bastards will never let us forget it.

And we carried on like pork chops when the ump called in the back against Mooney last year. :thumbsu:

But its different when we do it. We are entitled. :D

Yes! At least someone says something about this. I totally agree. Us a team of cheats??? A team that have fans that are bogans and i really don't mind their players but the fans, i'm disgusted. Joel Selwood was so awesome in that match and the cats dominated the last quarter with fantastic marks. The cats could have won by 8 but one of the pies touch the ball out from travis varcoe's goal. GO CATS in ROUND 9 and ROUND 24. Smash GCS in round 10!!!!

The one that blew me away was a thread calling Geelong players cheats for staging for frees, and describing Selwood as dishonest.

Friday's victory was oh so sweet because it was inevitable Pies supporters would be working overtime with their vitriol.

And thats why we love malty.We don't want a coach who accepts a loss.It doesn't define our season AT ALL.But of course malty doesn't like to lose. Its a good trait to have as a coach of a footy club

No coach enjoys losing. That wasn't the issue. It was the undignified way he took the loss that mattered. He could learn from Scott Pendlebury who showed some class when discussing the defeat.

The bigger deal you make about this win the better. And us bad losers? Your bad winners, tit for tat, see you in sept! I tried to be gracious in defeat but you mob make it impossible.

Come on, now. Collingwood posters are accusing Selwood of cheating. Another has Bartel as gutless, and the thread about the umps costing you the game.

And I hold you entirely responsible. What do you have to say for yourself? Hmmm? :D

We are the two teams that have barely lost over the past year. We just aren't used to losing and don't handle it too well.

I have read some Port posters, and they are seriously hilarious after a game. I mean, the black humour is pretty good on some of them. I don't want to be that good a loser.

The bigger deal you make about this win the better. And us bad losers? Your bad winners, tit for tat, see you in sept! I tried to be gracious in defeat but you mob make it impossible.

The people who count at the club have done quite the opposite to making a big deal of it. One assistant coach has said the game was a "fact finding" mission to see where we are in relation to the best team in the comp.

And if you'd bothered to read comments on our board you'd have seen how many of us have been rapt at the way Collingwood does business.

The Collingwood supporters I know are good people. However, you do have more than the usual quotient of insufferable one-eyed moccassin wearers and I suspect you're one.

Look if you think that's me then fine, I did post, however, on your game review both my congratulations and admittance that you outplayed us, not due to the umpires-only one decision I disagreed with, but NOT the reason we lost.selwood does tend to exploit the umps, but he gets away with it, why? Because he strong enough, smart enough and quick enough-all of which deserve the free kicks drawn to him. Far from a cheat.

On a lighter note, I am in complete admiration of bartel-not just coz his in my DT :p

MM looked a bit weak going on about the whistle. A mistake. Bet he regrets saying it.

MM
- is a sore loser
- today we have a diatribe of shite about how they are underdone and using fewer rotations, blah blah blah
- and as for umpiring decisions
- in the second quarter the pies played advantage where they stuffed up, and the umps brought back play, again not in the spirit of the same rule they are crying about
- and as for the stretcher only being called when Geelong is in attack, well the guy was lying down gone for 45 seconds, but the stretcher is called as soon as Geelong break and are heading into attack

the pies can be massive sooks

Everytime I see that Pendelbury 'goal' I see all the players stop and then him play on. Correct call IMO.

We can only hope that some of the ump blaming filters through to their players, because the less they accept they were outplayed, and the more they think they are better than us and don't wear responsibility for the loss, the better it will be for us in the long run. If they go into a bigger game thinking only the umpiring has to change, we will win.

They are so god damn pathetic!

I made the error of venturing over to their board yesterday, and **** ME!!! I've never seen such a massive collection of gutless, moronic shit!

They way they talk about Selwood would be insulting if it wasn't so ridiculous! I copped an official warning for a few well worded sprays! Just couldn't help myself.

They are a blight on humanity!!!!!

I admit I had a peek over at the Collingwood board post-match on Friday night and some of the ideas and opinions being expressed made for good comedy. As much as the behaviour of Collingwood supporters both annoys and amuses me, in the end I'd rather just celebrate what a fantastic effort from our mob. If I expressed what I really wanted to about the pies I would certainly be carded/banned so I choose not to worry about engaging with those who your efforts are wasted on anyway.

Seriously, they are absolutely petrified that their perfect run may not eventuate. They thought that the Cats were finished for the foreseeable future. They could breathe a sigh of relief. Things are different this year and they see us as a threat and choose to attack our club and our players as a defence mechanism for when their borderline delusional and disgraceful cockiness comes back to bite them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine it has something to do with the culture of their fans.

Im generalising, but I imagine they all have pent up negative emotions, and have not had a release for almost a year now.

We are copping almost a years worth of sooking because they have had no reason to sook.

Its fantastic!

Its going to make our October victory all the more sweeter.

Look if you think that's me then fine, I did post, however, on your game review both my congratulations and admittance that you outplayed us, not due to the umpires-only one decision I disagreed with, but NOT the reason we lost.selwood does tend to exploit the umps, but he gets away with it, why? Because he strong enough, smart enough and quick enough-all of which deserve the free kicks drawn to him. Far from a cheat.

On a lighter note, I am in complete admiration of bartel-not just coz his in my DT :p

Hey entourage don't worry about it. There are always people saying things that will upset opposition supporters. Majority of people would welcome comments like yours so please just ignore any that might be a bit inflammatory. Believe me, there are tons of very inflammatory comments on the Coll board re Geelong right now. Best to ignore them.

Everytime I see that Pendelbury 'goal' I see all the players stop and then him play on. Correct call IMO.

We can only hope that some of the ump blaming filters through to their players, because the less they accept they were outplayed, and the more they think they are better than us and don't wear responsibility for the loss, the better it will be for us in the long run. If they go into a bigger game thinking only the umpiring has to change, we will win.

Exactly. That's my issue with it (both the hype around this decision, and the rule itself). The advantage rule, as it stands, has massive problems. At least 2 Geelong players just stopped when the whistle blew during that incident. Both were in the position to tackle Pendlebury, and neither did due to the whistle. If the whistle never went, I have no doubt Pendlebury would have been tackled, before getting his kick off. Watch it yourself, I've looked at it a number of times, and it seems pretty clear to me.

Similar principle to what happened in the Hawthorn-Saints game today. A Hawthorn player was paid advantage and didn't even know it, was about 25 out and just stopped as he had no idea what to do. By the time he realised he was supposed to be playing on, he missed what should have been a gimme. Play on stood, they got a point, and Hawthorn were dis-advantaged by the rule, not advantaged.

Second problem with that rule is that it's an open invitation to players, in all but the most obvious of cases, to just boot the ball away, wasting huge amounts of time, as a player can just pretend they didn't know which way the decision went, and that they were merely, trying take 'advantage' of the awesome new advantage rule.

It's already happened a number of times this year, and very few players have been pulled up as a result of the thinly veiled time-wasting the rule now allows. It's a bit of a joke really and unfortunately a result of the AFL continually stuffing around with the rules. All this AFL talk of whether the umpire was right or wrong re the Pendlebury incident is not as relevant as the fact that the AFL have overlooked some massive issues and the rule is IMO, broken in its current state. Of course the AFL themselves just don't admit to making errors so nothing will be done this year.

I doubt the rule will remain as it currently stands (please) next season, but we will see. It would be nice if the test involved whether the whistle caused a change to what would have been the natural flow of the play. If so, then no advantage can be paid, as there is potentially a massive distortion to what would have been the natural outcome (what the rule is supposed to allow, I presume).

I imagine it has something to do with the culture of their fans.

Im generalising, but I imagine they all have pent up negative emotions, and have not had a release for almost a year now.

We are copping almost a years worth of sooking because they have had no reason to sook.

Its fantastic!

Its going to make our October victory all the more sweeter.

You are right here. It's a slippery concept.

To me, (generally speaking of course) Collingwood supporters are not real football people. You never see many Collingwood supporters playing for/involved in local footy clubs... this is where people develop their knowledge and learn to understand the spirit of the game, and how to behave when it comes to footy. Pies fans lack this. Is it their tendency to be from ethnic background without the parental influence in footy? Socioeconomic? Is it the appeal of belonging to the biggest? Not sure.

In the AFL landscape they outnumber every other club supporter base comfortably, however if you narrowed focus and surveyed local footy clubs where the real football communities exist - and not include the Broadmeadows Plaza where muppets wear their Peter Daicos replica top to grab the milk and winnie reds - per capita they would be considerably less supported than just about any club. Of course you will get the odd exception... the best footballer I ever played with was a Pies supporter, but he was one of a maximum of about 10 I played with over 15 years at 3 clubs. Perhaps these figures skew my viewpoint, but from what I've seen I can't imagine it being too far off the mark.

Oh, and like a few of you, I've given up going to Collingwood games as well. They are a disgrace at the best of times, let alone 70,000 of them in the one place.

You are right here. It's a slippery concept.

To me, (generally speaking of course) Collingwood supporters are not real football people. You never see many Collingwood supporters playing for/involved in local footy clubs... this is where people develop their knowledge and learn to understand the spirit of the game, and how to behave when it comes to footy. Pies fans lack this. Is it their tendency to be from ethnic background without the parental influence in footy? Socioeconomic? Is it the appeal of belonging to the biggest? Not sure.

In the AFL landscape they outnumber every other club supporter base comfortably, however if you narrowed focus and surveyed local footy clubs where the real football communities exist - and not include the Broadmeadows Plaza where muppets wear their Peter Daicos replica top to grab the milk and winnie reds - per capita they would be considerably less supported than just about any club. Of course you will get the odd exception... the best footballer I ever played with was a Pies supporter, but he was one of a maximum of about 10 I played with over 15 years at 3 clubs. Perhaps these figures skew my viewpoint, but from what I've seen I can't imagine it being too far off the mark.

Oh, and like a few of you, I've given up going to Collingwood games as well. They are a disgrace at the best of times, let alone 70,000 of them in the one place.

I agree with this somewhat. A lot of Collingwood supporters aren't TRUE football people per-se. Very similar to people choosing to support Manchester United, or every kid going for the Chicago Bulls in the 90's. I don't like to use the word bandwagon, but it's similar to that.

Reminds me of the crowd you get at a Metallica concert. Sure you have your diehard metal fans there, but the amount of people I meet or talk to who claim to love Metallica, but have ZERO knowledge or even interest in any other heavy metal band at all, is just baffling to me. It's as if they don't realize there is a world of other stuff out there. They just follow the sheep, or the mainstream view, because it's popular, or "cool".

This is very much like the general Magpie supporter. No idea about anything outside their little world, and therefore we get the flat-out STUPID reactions from them anytime something doesn't go right. They aren't worth it.

Bad winners, you gotta be kidding me?!
Bad winners would be starting threads saying "Pies deserved bad ump call", or "Lucky Cats won because Collingwood cheated" or what not.

99% of what I have read on this board has been positive and there have even been a stack of comments saying that we expect the pies to bounce back and be an even better game come round 24 and finals.

Sure, you yourself may have been gracious in defeat, but you cant honestly tell me that majority of your other supporters on your board have been.... so much so that one of your supporters has started a thread about what he likes about Geelong due to all the other nasty threads about the loss.

God I hate that COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIINGGGGWOOOOOODDD shit.... how great was it on Friday to see them heading home... I dunno about u guys, but its beuituful..

And guys, If you're at the game... Don't feel nervous about standing and cheering.. Don't be intimidated by a bunch of uneducated, morons.. Most of the time when you get up and cheer, others will follow..

Friday night, I was sorrounded by those maggots..but soon enough other Cat supporters followed and at the end we're all jumping out of our chairs, giving a little head nod to fellow supporters, and happily gloating in front of those whining pricks!!!

Is a good question. I have been attending games in Melbourne (and a couple in Sydney) since around 94. Seen a shite load since I was old enough to go myself and with mates once the 2000's come around and not only games involving Geelong. Heaps of Bombers, Eagles, Swans and Pies games with mates as I was an AFL member.

Apart from Pie fans NEVER have I personally seen another teams supporters begin attacking individual supporters of the opposition. Has been twice recently. In the 09 pre season GF (yes that's right pre season, why they really gave a #### I will never know) when they were telling Cat fans to sit down or whatever when we celebrated a goal or cheered, abusing the hell out of all our players but threatening any of the crowd that dared said boo about a Pie player.

Then again last night where I were standing again they would just begin picking on myself and other Cat fans minding our own business all because they were pissed off Selwood was murdering them. Is pathetic, gutless, cowardly, bully like uncivilised behavior. Nothing more and nothing less. They have a greater number/percentage of classless dimwit supporters and that's just the way it is sadly.

I have heard that too "Sit down". The one that I hate is when they kick a goal and the supporters turn their back on the play to have a look at Geelong suporters. "Are you there to watch the game? Stop looking at the stands then. "

I have heard that too "Sit down". The one that I hate is when they kick a goal and the supporters turn their back on the play to have a look at Geelong suporters. "Are you there to watch the game? Stop looking at the stands then. "

Yeah they love that shit.......That's why I was doing it at the end of Fridays game :p

Yeah they love that shit.......That's why I was doing it at the end of Fridays game :p
Please, someone at Collingwood (and Essendon) please explain to the supporters what holding the ball is. You could start by explaining, wait for it...... "Prior opportunity". (Either that or they really really like Luke Ball).
On another note, goddam it was cold friday night.

And guys, If you're at the game... Don't feel nervous about standing and cheering.. Don't be intimidated by a bunch of uneducated, morons.. Most of the time when you get up and cheer, others will follow..
quote]

The saddest thing i have read on here is that some of our own supporters have refused to go to the collingwood games because of their past experiences with some ferals.
Believe me i have had experiences similar to the experiences im sure many of you have had because i am pretty passionate and loud at the footy. However, i urge any of you who have had even the slightest urge to go but wont because of some idiots, go!!! 99 percent of these so called supporters who go to abuse and initimidate have only bark, no bite.
i called a couple of them on their crap during the 09 prelim when the game was nearly over in the third quarter and heard nothing from them for the rest of the night.
in most cases i reckon its like a classic school bully scenario. stand up for yourself and they'll go away.
I actually think i find more voice during the collingwood games. My housemate thought i had a horrible cold when he heard my croaky sounding voice on saturday morning. thats usually the measure of a passionate night at the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Collingwood supporters such bad losers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back