Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Port pull 24k to a game we get all sorts of crap on our shoulders about our crowds. Melbourne gets 12k and not a peep. It's written off as a poorly supported in Melbourne team. Screw that. The home side in a match against an interstate club is responsible for 90 - 95% of supporter numbers. Port's 'poor' figures are against visiting sides, but it offers us no excuses. The bulldogs - Freo match was similar with 15k. The only time you can truly judge a teams supporter numbers is against visiting sides when you don't have two local teams supporters there. 12k is a disgrace. Melbourne, Kangaroos, Bulldogs. With support like they've been getting who'll merge or fold first ?

We get picked on because its a way for Victorians to deflect attention.

Originally posted by Andre
If Port pull 24k to a game we get all sorts of crap on our shoulders about our crowds. Melbourne gets 12k and not a peep. It's written off as a poorly supported in Melbourne team. Screw that. The home side in a match against an interstate club is responsible for 90 - 95% of supporter numbers. Port's 'poor' figures are against visiting sides, but it offers us no excuses. The bulldogs - Freo match was similar with 15k. The only time you can truly judge a teams supporter numbers is against visiting sides when you don't have two local teams supporters there. 12k is a disgrace. Melbourne, Kangaroos, Bulldogs. With support like they've been getting who'll merge or fold first ?

Perhaps Melbourne could transfer the game to AAMI and guarantee themselves to get double the crowd.

Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

We get picked on because Crows supporters are too moronic to realise that we dont have the supporter base they have and so we will never get 45,000 to a match week in week out like they do. So they decide to pick on our 28,000 crowd, which is about 7th or 8th best in the AFL and 3rd best of the interstate sides. Yet these morons decide to pick on us, despite not realising that apparently, we have the least, or second least amount of supporters in Australia (according tot hat poll).

Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Originally posted by Eago77
Perhaps Melbourne could transfer the game to AAMI and guarantee themselves to get double the crowd.
Definitely one to lay on Melbourne, Bulldogs, Saints and Kangaroos once we've paid off our license fee. Especially now only paying a fixed amount to the SANFL.

On a slightly relevent note, do Footy Park members use the barcode ticket system like the season ticket holders do?

Melbourne are getting picked on in the Melbourne media for poor crowds in the past two weeks. 17,000 vs West Coast and 12,000 vs the Power is pathetic and the ski season hasn't even started!

Steve Quatermain was very critical on MMM yesterday and both the Age and the Herald Sun had articles about the poor crowds.

I was also amazed that the Crows V Collingwood only got 44,000.
to me it begs the question why did they upgrade AAMI stadium as there have been only a few over 50,000.

Originally posted by evfenton78
Melbourne are getting picked on in the Melbourne media for poor crowds in the past two weeks. 17,000 vs West Coast and 12,000 vs the Power is pathetic and the ski season hasn't even started!

Steve Quatermain was very critical on MMM yesterday and both the Age and the Herald Sun had articles about the poor crowds.

Echo? lol :D I miss MMM in Melbourne.

The problem with crowds in Melbourne involving us is not a lack of Port supporters, but a lack of respect shown by opposition supporters - they don't want to see their team play us.

That lack of respect is hurting their clubs, not ours - bad luck to them.

Originally posted by JuniorBurger
On Talking Footy tonight Bruce was trying to imply that we were the problem behind the poor crowd on Sunday because we dont have a huge fan base in Melbourne, What a joke!:rolleyes:
I agree, there was plenty of Power fans at the game, and a hell of alot more than Richmond brought over here.

Re: Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Originally posted by Macca19
We get picked on because Crows supporters are too moronic to realise that we dont have the supporter base they have and so we will never get 45,000 to a match week in week out like they do.

Ditto for Bulldogs, North, Melbourne supporters in Melbourne. Doesn't mean squat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by footballphantom
I was also amazed that the Crows V Collingwood only got 44,000.
to me it begs the question why did they upgrade AAMI stadium as there have been only a few over 50,000.

If the capacity is increased even more there wil be more daily tickets available (which most turn up, it's the season ticket holders that don't) Unfortunately only 44,000 turned up, maybe because of the weather, but that annoys me as I would have been there as I couldn't get a ticket.....grr

Originally posted by JuniorBurger
On Talking Footy tonight Bruce was trying to imply that we were the problem behind the poor crowd on Sunday because we dont have a huge fan base in Melbourne, What a joke!:rolleyes:
He was saying that the choice of opposition - Port and Freo - didn't do any favours for the attendances of home teams Melbourne and Footscray. Why is that a joke?

Re: Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Originally posted by Macca19
We get picked on because Crows supporters are too moronic to realise that we dont have the supporter base they have and so we will never get 45,000 to a match week in week out like they do. So they decide to pick on our 28,000 crowd, which is about 7th or 8th best in the AFL and 3rd best of the interstate sides. Yet these morons decide to pick on us, despite not realising that apparently, we have the least, or second least amount of supporters in Australia (according tot hat poll).

Could have sworn Port were promising 35,000 a week as the basis for getting the second licence??????

Thanks for your usual genearalisation of Crows supporters (which you were one not long ago) as being morons.

It seems that anyoen who disagrees with you is a moron these days.

Can't say there has been one discussion about POrt's crowds this year. Crows supporters are more than happy to acknowledge that POrt will never have the support we do.

Its the Crowds that are below 25,000 that are the problem though, given the amount of season tickets you sell.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Originally posted by Jars458
Thanks for your usual genearalisation of Crows supporters (which you were one not long ago) as being morons.

10 years is 'not that long ago' is it?

Can't say there has been one discussion about POrt's crowds this year.

That YOUVE seen. Theres been a couple here. Noddys last comment on this board was in relation to 'how bout you try and get a decent crowd'.

Crows supporters are more than happy to acknowledge that POrt will never have the support we do.

I strongly disagree.

Its the Crowds that are below 25,000 that are the problem though, given the amount of season tickets you sell.

And how often is that?
3 out of 14 Footy Park games last year- 2 of which were Saturday day games.

1 so far this year - against Hawthorn where it bucketed with rain all night.

Its not like its a common thing at the moment.

Getting rid of annoying saturday day games would be a start.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Could have sworn Port were promising 35,000 a week as the basis for getting the second licence??????
Congratulations for bringing up something that was said over 10 years ago. Riveting stuff.

Originally posted by DaveW
He was saying that the choice of opposition - Port and Freo - didn't do any favours for the attendances of home teams Melbourne and Footscray. Why is that a joke?

So in other words, you think that if it's likely that the Crows are gonna get flogged, it's OK to not show up???

Originally posted by Jabsy
So in other words, you think that if it's likely that the Crows are gonna get flogged, it's OK to not show up???
Huh? That wasn't what I was saying at all. I was refering to the away side not pulling in supporters. Why do you think Port requests home games against the likes of Collingwood?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

Originally posted by Pred
Pfffffft. The irony.

You are one of few people on this site who I believe to be a moron.

Its great that you show me so much regard to steal and change my avatar.

Thanks for the compliment.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are our crowd figures picked on ?

You are one of few people on this site who I believe to be a moron.
Its great that you show me so much regard to steal and change my avatar.
Thanks for the compliment.
You can believe what you like. You are one of the few people on this site whose superior attitude I can not abide. You and ok.crows are the only ones. That you think me to be a moron does not reflect very well on your judgement. I don't think you are a moron - far from it, but I won't put up with your constant air of superiority, and I definitely won't put up silently with your hypocrisy.

As for the icon, you might note that your drink is being urinated in. If you think that's a compliment, OK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back