Why are Port more hated than the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm guessing the fact Port are the only other team than Freo to have us in its top 5 has something to do with the 2017 EF and 2018 after the siren wins at AO. And our generally good record at AO.
No, it's because your club is basically the WA Crows (albeit a much more successful version).

No, it's because your club is basically the WA Crows (albeit a much more successful version).
So you'd respect say Subiaco or East Perth or something more? Freo are of course the same. The Crows to me represent SA as a whole, state identity, whereas Port just represent Port. Seems more lofty to rep a whole state than one sanfl club ;).

When I was about 13, I had some Port fans come and stay at my house, as a favour from my parents to a friend. A game between Port and Carlton happened that weekend. Of the couple, the husband was a mad Port fan while the wife was a bit less fervent; this was around 2002-2003.

To say that this was not an even match would be to undersell things. This was a rogering; we wound up losing by a massive margin. Over the course of the game - a game which started with everyone in the room - my family trickled out; my brothers and my sister don't go for Carlton, but I and my dad do. Dad had to get up and leave because the bloke kept gloating, kept needling him; almost provoking a confrontation, while a guest in another person's home.

I stayed and watched the whole game, and learned what genuine dislike felt like.
If this was an AAMI Stadium game, I reckon this would have been the one I had a pie thrown at my head and 'got told to go back to Victoria'. I was under 5 years old, and have never lived anywhere but SA 😒

So you'd respect say Subiaco or East Perth or something more? Freo are of course the same. The Crows to me represent SA as a whole, state identity, whereas Port just represent Port. Seems more lofty to rep a whole state than one sanfl club ;).
The Crows can represent my balls.

Personally ive found Crows supporters more rational when it comes to talking footy. I tried to have a chat on the Port board last year before we played them and i felt like i was talking to a bunch of angry Gerard Whateleys such was their dismissive knowledge

I stopped paying attention to some of the more active Port fans here after they spent most of the year saying no way Duursma will be traded, he’s a young gun. Got shouted down for pointing out he’s a shit kick. And then when he got traded they were the first to claim it was about time, he isn’t any good etc. they didn’t like some posts being bumped.

If this was an AAMI Stadium game, I reckon this would have been the one I had a pie thrown at my head and 'got told to go back to Victoria'. I was under 5 years old, and have never lived anywhere but SA 😒
Wouldn't happen these days. Pies are too expensive to waste on pelting at oppo supporters

1. David Koch, total knob of a TV presenter, his comments and behaviour during the covid years were pathetic.
2. 2nd worst victory song behind the heave ho
3.thats about it.

1. David Koch, total knob of a TV presenter, his comments and behaviour during the covid years were pathetic.
2. 2nd worst victory song behind the heave ho
3.thats about it.
Funnily enough last year when they got to "top,top,top" spot they did "stop,stop,stop" like a busted Hyundai Excel

When Port win.

drunk man GIF by USL

When they lose.

Drunk Ian Mcshane GIF by American Gods

Sacking the coach

Angry Gaspar Noe GIF by Arrow Video

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really need to ask why my clubs supporters hate them at the moment?
I thought you guys would hate the Crows more because of 1998?
Bulldogs fans have always hated the Crows because of the 97/98 prelims, so I'm surprised the Crows aren't even in the Bulldogs top 5.

I thought you guys would hate the Crows more because of 1998?
Bulldogs fans have always hated the Crows because of the 97/98 prelims, so I'm surprised the Crows aren't even in the Bulldogs top 5.
Put it this way, if we hated the crows solely on that, it would be like your club hating hawthorn for 2008.

Why folks proactively despise Port ... well because they are Port...

Why folks don't proactively despise the Crows ... because they are meh and they encourage sympathy without compassion (a bit like Freo).

The only time I really don't like the Crows is when Rucci is on commentary and if he hadn't played for the Crows I wouldn't have to listen to him...

Why folks don't proactively despise the Crows ... because they are meh and they encourage sympathy without compassion (a bit like Freo).

The only time I really don't like the Crows is when Rucci is on commentary and if he hadn't played for the Crows I wouldn't have to listen to him...
I don't reckon old Michelangelo would last too long on a footy field.

The funniest thing about the rabble that is Power, is that stupid song "never tear us apart"

What a joke, that is all their supporter base try to do.
It will be a disappointing day for AFL followers when Ken leaves, as they will have no excuses and the rest of us, wont have anything to brighten our day.
It's the cringiest thing ever, so embarrassing.

Why does OP have such an unhealthy obsession with port?
He possibly wondered why all the dislike for a tiny, little, nothing club like Power and thought "I must find out why".

Then perhaps he spent some time in Sth Australia and was unlucky enough to meet some of their supporters.

That will usually do it.

I thought Crows would be more like West Coast.
The big club in their home state, with more success and history than the other club in their state.

Also, when did Rucci play for the Crows?
Did you mean to write Ricciuto?

I thought Crows would be more like West Coast.
The big club in their home state, with more success and history than the other club in their state.

Also, when did Rucci play for the Crows?
Did you mean to write Ricciuto?
I thought Rucci was the diminutive form of Ricciuto (and couldn't remember his full name) but yes that was who I meant... chagrin

It happens on both ends.

-Booing Hinkley during an embarrassing loss calling for him to be sacked.
-Then forgetting about it when they win the next 2 games.
-Upset when they cannot get the recruit they are hoping to get. They have been a destination club for years and make the finals most seasons.
-In heaven when everything goes wrong for the Crows. (ah well, that is fine, that is part of the rivalry! :D )

AFC supporters.

-Booing their own team (examples vs Essendon 2019, vs Richmond 2024). (well I can relate to that :D)
-Always blaming the umpires .... yes the umpires. (well they are correct sometimes)
-Frustrated about the way the team is run, the coaching and so much more. No plan B, sack the coach, etc. (that is normal)
-In heaven when everything goes wrong for Port. A lot of 119 mentions. (it happens both ends, it's a rivalry!)

It happens on both ends.

-Booing Hinkley during an embarrassing loss calling for him to be sacked.
-Then forgetting about it when they win the next 2 games.
If you think this is true you know absolutely nothing about Port supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Port more hated than the Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back