Why can't Sydney pull a crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

and many willl say, Good riddance.

Particularly Sydney supporters.

20809.jpg

When Fitzroy died people cared. When Norf die people will not care.

Not true.

I'll be seriously saddened to hear the club died.

I will be relieved to know the whining will die with it though ( although like the club, it'll probably linger well past it's use-by date ).

Hawthorn supporters seem obsessed with them...

.........so do Sydney supporters.:rolleyes:

They worry more about what we think about them, than what they think about each other.

It's as though they can't get through the day without the imprimatur of a North supporter.

Particularly Sydney supporters.

20809.jpg

I'm not sure what it is that they still can't get over, this or the fact that they gave away the best footballer of all time for a packet of chips.

The idiot on the microphone before the game was still going on about "Boo a Roo" and how we tried to "muscle in" on them ten years ago FFS :rolleyes:

And there were plenty of North supporters at the game yesterday, were you even there?

This sort of attitude for a club who less than 20 years ago were sold for the princely sum of ten bucks is pretty funny.

Sydney crowds are generally much higher than Melbourne Storm crowds which is probably the fairest comparison, even with Storm's recent on-field success.

Will be interesting to see how the crowds fare once GWS are established.

I'm not sure what it is that they still can't get over, this or the fact that they gave away the best footballer of all time for a packet of chips.

The idiot on the microphone before the game was still going on about "Boo a Roo" and how we tried to "muscle in" on them ten years ago FFS :rolleyes:

That'd be about five years more recent than that photo then.

And there were plenty of North supporters at the game yesterday, were you even there?

I was there but I'm guessing you weren't. Seriously, I could have had the whole Norths crowd over at my place to watch the game. When I arrived I was stunned to see how little blue and white there was - a small section for the cheer squad and tiny sector for the away "crowd". And that was it.

This sort of attitude for a club who less than 20 years ago were sold for the princely sum of ten bucks is pretty funny.

We've done okay this millennium though. That is, within living memory. How about you?

You've got to love the North Melbourne victim mentality. "They're all obsessed with us".

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this thread (about Sydney) created by a North supporter after we belted them earlier in the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there but I'm guessing you weren't. Seriously, I could have had the whole Norths crowd over at my place to watch the game. When I arrived I was stunned to see how little blue and white there was - a small section for the cheer squad and tiny sector for the away "crowd". And that was it.

We've done okay this millennium though. That is, within living memory. How about you?

You guessed wrong.

If they actually allowed the opposition supporters to sit together you may have noticed, plenty of blue and white scattered around the Swans flogs where I was in front of the Trumper Stand, and walking around before and after the game I saw plenty of North fans.

If within living memory is this millenium, thank God the school holidays finish this week.

We've won two flags within "living memory", one of them against the Swanettes which they clearly haven't got over :D

You guessed wrong.

If they actually allowed the opposition supporters to sit together you may have noticed, plenty of blue and white scattered around the Swans flogs where I was in front of the Trumper Stand, and walking around before and after the game I saw plenty of North fans.

Do they let you sit together at your home games? I noticed a few north supporters scattered in between the sea of red and white at the corresponding fixture earlier this year.

Do they let you sit together at your home games? I noticed a few north supporters scattered in between the sea of red and white at the corresponding fixture earlier this year.

Given that I'm from Sydney I wouldn't know.

Judging from the comments from those who were there that day, you're deluding yourself yet again.

Not surprising that the Swans have a good following at games in Melbourne though considering that for the vast majority of their history they've been a Melbourne based club.

It'll be great when Sydney actually gets a team of its own for the first time in a couple of years.

You guessed wrong.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the AFL did that in order to dilute opposition presence and save Sydney from further embarrassment.

I have trouble believing some of their attendance statistics also. It looked as if there were 500 people sitting in the ground level seats of the entire SCG yesterday.

23K for a one club city of 3.5 million people is a disgrace any way you look at it. Not to mention that it was Sydneys most important home game so far this season.

Imagine what it will be like in two years time when Roos has gone as have all their ageing good players.

It will be the early 90s again - week in week out floggings in front of 9000 people and emergency meetings of the AFL Commission to try and figure out a way of saving them from death (again)

In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the AFL did that in order to dilute opposition presence and save Sydney from further embarrassment.

I have trouble believing some of their attendance statistics also. It looked as if there were 500 people sitting in the ground level seats of the entire SCG yesterday.

23K for a one club city of 3.5 million people is a disgrace any way you look at it. Not to mention that it was Sydneys most important home game so far this season.

But to be fair, it was against Norf who we all know have zero supporters. Apart from a cple of old dears in the cheer squad section, there was no visiting supporters. Normally we expect a few thousand and that get's us up to 35k whic is a rurn out a lot of clubs would be envious of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can't Sydney pull a crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back