Why do people care more about the muslims in gaza than those being persecuted elsewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boko Haram only became viral worldwide news once high profiles from the US like Michelle Obama amongst many others began tweeting '#BringBackOurGirls'. This was roughly a month after news broke of the kidnapped girls. Another Muslim terrorist group doing bad, who wants to read about that amiright?

Muslims killing Muslims is everyday life in the Middle East, therefore is not as newsworthy.
Muslims killing Christians has become a common occurrence again recently, and persecution of Christians there has been around for god knows how long. As they are Christians, there is not outrage from the Left, therefore it is barely even newsworthy.
Jews fighting with Muslims, being Hamas, and winning, now there's an event that will fire up the Left's selective outrage. If Left winged groups cared equally about all killings, genocides and what not worldwide we would get a more even focus on these events. Mass media knows which stories sell better and therefore focus on those events more so than others which may be 10x as bad.

But I bet you get all your news from Murdoch packer sources partisan man?

The Edukator just reading stuff on the internecine in Iraq. I think the Sunnis copped it in Fallujah and Baghdad in Iraq than the Pals in Gaza, even tho one could say, you cant compare, or make a differentiation since Gaza is absolute, so cant get worse. Well, p'raps it was.

My theory, in Palestine, jews and IDF, not us do it. So it is easy to point the finger, instead of pointing the finger at the US and Coalition of the Willing aka "us" (Australia). so it is easier to beat up and allegations however true on jews. (they are true).

it is the ephemeral v temporal tension. Mesopotamia was last decades war. This is now this years war, plus, added bonus, it is jews and not "us (australians)" who are doing the war crimes.

yeah, so that is my working thesis.
Also, Israel wish to be in the EU, and be a respected member of the international union, even tho they wish to stand aside the international union when it comes to UN Resolutions 30+ against them... but I already have done some hasbara for Israel, and dont wish to be conflated for marky mark regev

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsit...am-of-waging-war-on-israel/15503#.U-uSnWOmzmg

This anti-Israel hysteria is the opposite of a peace movement

Anti-Israel activists are the attack dogs of a new Western imperialism.

here are many striking things about the radical rage against Israel that has swept the Western world. There’s its blinkeredness, where these agitators obsess over acts of war carried out by Israel while saying precisely nothing about Kiev’s bombing of civilians in east Ukraine, or America’s resumption of drone attacks in Pakistan, or Egypt the alleged peacemaker’s massacre of more civilians in three days last year than Israel has killed in four weeks in Gaza. There’s its weird intensity, where for some inexplicable reason radicals and liberals are always made more spittle-producing furious by Israel than they are by any other state, issue or war on Earth. There’s its ugly tendency towards racism, where everywhere from London to Paris to Berlin we’ve seen protesters holding up placards depicting hook-nosed Jews feasting on Palestinian blood or heard them chanting ‘Victory to Hamas, Jews to the gas!’.

Should Hamas be viewed simply as a Muslim organisation? They are more akin to Sinn Fein and the I.R.A than other Muslim militant groups for mine.

the
Should Hamas be viewed simply as a Muslim organisation? They are more akin to Sinn Fein and the I.R.A than other Muslim militant groups for mine.
the political wing is legit, and recognised within the unity gov't by the US and Kerry.

the militant wing, that is more ambiguous.

they are entitled to resist under international law. I have a problem with civilian victims tho. But i am putting this out there in the abstract and international law.

the US and Israel were integral in setting them up, as a butress to the PLO and Fattah in the tried and true doctrine that the Brits refined, and then Frenchies and Belgies in Africa, the divide and rule fopo 101.

So, Israel and the US were keys to their foundation. They got money from the Israelis and the US for mosques.

the muslim angle is just a deflection and diversion by mark regev and benji netanyahu, their charter just a deflection. See: Likud's charter for one.

The are a political party seeking self determination. They are not an ISIS seeking a muslim caliph and caliphate.

for starters, there are christians, bedouin, druze, and aetheists, all who consider themselves Palestinian. Not just bloody muslims.

Why is the left concerned about the disgraceful attack on Gaza?

Firstly, this is not the first conflict in Palestine, it is part of a continuum lasting 60 years and in which the US has armed and backed Israel to the back teeth in a conflict in which Palestinians are 2nd rate citizens.

Secondly, how often has Israel been involved in scuppering nationalist or democratic movements in the region? Quite a f*cking lot as it happens.

Thirdly, what side is anyone to back in internecine conflicts in Syria and elsewhere? It's hard to find heroes in these conflicts in no small measure because the US has shifting alliances that are born of expediency. Al-Qaeda, Saddam Hussein and the Shah come to mind.

they are entitled to resist under international law.

I doubt they give a stuff about that given a certain country couldn't care less re certain UN resolutions and gets its paymaster to veto the rest.

Didn't both the US and Israel agree to the ICC then backed out of it?

Palestinian resistance groups have every right to fight for their citizens as Sinn Fein AND the IRA did. Armed self-determination was also the basis of American independence if we remember our history.

The problem with the US is that they cannot get beyond the now outdated strategic relevance of the state of Israel versus the political cost in Eurasia. They have obliterated the PLO and by degrees they have sidelined Fatah as a pragmatic, quasi religious outfit. In that circumstance you open the door to out and out zealots who by force of arms offer a totalising, cross-border religious program.

You can read that analysis across the region.

Palestinian resistance groups have every right to fight for their citizens as Sinn Fein AND the IRA did. Armed self-determination was also the basis of American independence if we remember our history.

All those who died in bombings and shootings (vast majority who weren't Brit Army) in NI may question whether they were the IRA's citizens. The majority of the population were against the IRA. Hardly comparable to Gaza.

All those who died in bombings and shootings (vast majority who weren't Brit Army) in NI may question whether they were the IRA's citizens. The majority of the population were against the IRA. Hardly comparable to Gaza.

Let me understand this before I go on. Was American independence from the British won by arms?

So this is in France. Of course these riots won't be published in any media in Australia, or probably even France for that matter. We all know who's responsible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is in France. Of course these riots won't be published in any media in Australia, or probably even France for that matter. We all know who's responsible.

This is a riot for you! Jesus, how's things in struggletown/Liberal Party HQ soft****?

This is a riot for you! Jesus, how's things in struggletown soft****?
Oh my. So I guess this type of behaviour on the streets should just be ignored? France is ****ed unfortunately. We can learn a lot from their failed immigration policies.

Oh my. So I guess this type of behaviour on the streets should just be ignored? France is ****** unfortunately. We can learn a lot from their failed immigration policies.

I live in the north of Melbourne and we don't have ghetto issues, largely because we don't have ********s like Alan Jones who is a big punce that tries to prove he's a man by getting hot under the collar.

I live in the north of Melbourne and we don't have ghetto issues, largely because we don't have ********s like Alan Jones who is a big punce that tries to prove he's a man by getting hot under the collar.

If I had a penny for every time someone responded with the Cronulla Riots lol. No word on what happened later that day in the Muslim enclaves of western Sydney though, but that's to be expected. Back to France, these riots are common place due to their high Muslim population. What is supposed to be a rally for Palestine turns into a destructive riot that takes down anything in its path. The French government had to step in and ban rallies for Palestine because Muslims couldn't do so peacefully, but that hasn't stopped a thing.

If I had a penny for every time someone responded with the Cronulla Riots lol. No word on what happened later that day in the Muslim enclaves of western Sydney though, but that's to be expected. Back to France, these riots are common place due to their high Muslim population. What is supposed to be a rally for Palestine turns into a destructive riot that takes down anything in its path. The French government had to step in and ban rallies for Palestine because Muslims couldn't do so peacefully, but that hasn't stopped a thing.

How are things going in Stormfront?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people care more about the muslims in gaza than those being persecuted elsewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back