News Why don't we have a pub already?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was for sale a couple of years ago
Last Transferred: 15 Feb 2010
So I think after the news came out but negotiations may of been before that.
Would of done it tough during the rebuild as tradies now seem to lack the thirst of the 80's and 90's workers.
The timing of the reno does seem a bit strange, it may of been cash flow related.
Been there a couple of times no great desire to return.

Last Transferred: 15 Feb 2010
So I think after the news came out but negotiations may of been before that.
Would of done it tough during the rebuild as tradies now seem to lack the thirst of the 80's and 90's workers.
The timing of the reno does seem a bit strange, it may of been cash flow related.
Been there a couple of times no great desire to return.

may have....., would have......,may have....:);)

Strange suggestion. Are you the owner and trying to sell?
No that I know off. the place needs work, but it central enough, has a nice balcony and can pack in the function room.

Personally, I think many patrons (in the city anyway) are moving more towards to the smaller, more boutique venues, such as the ones that have popped up on Leigh, Peel, Bank street etc. It really depends on what the crows would want out of a pub, a clubhouse for fans or a another revenue stream.

Correct, talking to the barstaff the pub wasn't doing very well before the AO redevelopement and the owners couldn't afford to renovate until after the first season of footy was played at AO.

Chiaro Bar (what used to be Marble Bar, or Raglans - once owned by Wayne Carey) is for sale

Pretty cheap too.

There's a reason Chiaro is going cheap, and has changed hands several times in the past decade or so. For some reason, the location just doesnt work.

may have....., would have......,may have....:);)

Good on you, skoobydoo: you beat me to it. We must try to correct these egregious errors in the use of the English language (Yes, I'm not being sarcastic and don't know how to use emoticons). With the greatest possible respect, I suspect that Rusty Crow is a young'un and that the education system is failing. Perhaps, we could add a new editing duty to the moderators' tasks?

If 51 is young I will take it :)
School and I at 15 both agreed we had enough of each other and I moved on to torment the TAFE apprentice system with my lack of effort but high marks...
Now to prove the failure of the education system I am now an Education Officer in a national organisation as well as a director of 2 companies, if only I had tried harder at school I could of become a grammar nazi on a forum instead!

If 51 is young I will take it :)
School and I at 15 both agreed we had enough of each other and I moved on to torment the TAFE apprentice system with my lack of effort but high marks...
Now to prove the failure of the education system I am now an Education Officer in a national organisation as well as a director of 2 companies, if only I had tried harder at school I could of become a grammar nazi on a forum instead!

Good on you! Yes, 51 is indeed young to me, 70, but we both have the good sense to be Crows supporters.
While I do have many strings to my bow, one of them indeed is that of a grammar nazi: I just can't help myself.
By the way, nice deliberate error in your last sentence!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Why don't we have a pub already?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back