Why Family Guy is better than The Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

Squeak said:
Impossible to watch an episode of Family Guy more than 4 times and still cack yourself. Its nowhere near as sophisticated as The Simpsons.

Does that make it in an inferior program? I say yes, but it depends entirely what kind of person you are.
I reckon i have watched every episode at least 3 times and some maybe almost 10 and i dont get bored at all.

Episodes 1003 and 1004 of South Park are utterly hilarious. They take the absolute ******** out of Family Guy, muslims and the people who were all " :mad: " over the cartoons of Muhammad. :D

Cartman: "Don't you ever, EVER compare me to 'Family Guy,' you hear me Kyle? Compare me to 'Family Guy' again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: 'Hey Cartman you must like "Family Guy," right?' 'Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of "Family Guy" Cartman!' I AM NOTHING LIKE FAMILY GUY! WHEN I MAKE JOKES THEY ARE INHERENT TO A STORY! DEEP SITUATIONAL AND EMOTIONAL JOKES BASED ON WHAT IS RELEVANT AND HAS A POINT, NOT JUST ONE RANDOM INTERCHANGEABLE JOKE AFTER ANOTHER!"

Haha. :D

DB10 said:
Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: 'Hey Cartman you must like "Family Guy," right?' 'Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of "Family Guy" Cartman!' I AM NOTHING LIKE FAMILY GUY! WHEN I MAKE JOKES THEY ARE INHERENT TO A STORY! DEEP SITUATIONAL AND EMOTIONAL JOKES BASED ON WHAT IS RELEVANT AND HAS A POINT, NOT JUST ONE RANDOM INTERCHANGEABLE JOKE AFTER ANOTHER!"[/i]
Absolutely spot-on.

The Iron Sock said:
Ok,Here is the truth.

Futurama>Family Guy>>>>>Simpsons Seasons 1-10>South Park>>American Dad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Simpsons 11-Current

What a crock of s***!

DB10 said:
Episodes 1003 and 1004 of South Park are utterly hilarious. They take the absolute ******** out of Family Guy, muslims and the people who were all " :mad: " over the cartoons of Muhammad. :D

Cartman: "Don't you ever, EVER compare me to 'Family Guy,' you hear me Kyle? Compare me to 'Family Guy' again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: 'Hey Cartman you must like "Family Guy," right?' 'Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of "Family Guy" Cartman!' I AM NOTHING LIKE FAMILY GUY! WHEN I MAKE JOKES THEY ARE INHERENT TO A STORY! DEEP SITUATIONAL AND EMOTIONAL JOKES BASED ON WHAT IS RELEVANT AND HAS A POINT, NOT JUST ONE RANDOM INTERCHANGEABLE JOKE AFTER ANOTHER!"

problem is though family guy is actually funny, it doesnt get its laughs from cartoon characters saying ******** all the time and bagging people
it goes
The Simpsons=Family Guy>>American Dad>>>Futurama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>South Park

Coughlan said:
problem is though family guy is actually funny, it doesnt get its laughs from cartoon characters saying ******** all the time and bagging people
it goes
The Simpsons=Family Guy>>American Dad>>>Futurama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>South Park
Buddy, I dont think you quiet grasp how smart the creators of south park are, the way they come up to make of fun of certain things is very clever. I like family guy very much, but I must hand it to Matt Parker and Trey Stone, the way they bagged family guy was very bloody funny and spot on.

Coughlan said:

If you've watched South Park in the 21st century you'd know that very much isn't the case.

DB10 said:

That was great.
As was mentioned earlier, South Park, at the moment, is the best show being produced.
It's amazing how fast Matt and Trey can put out an episode so soon relating to a current event.
Gotta give them credit for having the guts to have a go at a show like Family Guy too.

"Hey Brian, this is like the time I got a job as a carrot cake."
Brilliant! :D

DB10 said:
I AM NOTHING LIKE FAMILY GUY! WHEN I MAKE JOKES THEY ARE INHERENT TO A STORY! DEEP SITUATIONAL AND EMOTIONAL JOKES BASED ON WHAT IS RELEVANT AND HAS A POINT, NOT JUST ONE RANDOM INTERCHANGEABLE JOKE AFTER ANOTHER!"
That is gold right there. Never a truer word spoken. Just can't see how people don't get it.

For a cheap laugh, you can't go past Family Guy. There's no other show where you would burst out laughing as much in one episode (South Park wold come close, though). However, this does get a bit boring and repetitive after a while, which is why I doubt Family Guy would have much success after season 6 or 7.

Family Guy doesn't have the wit and brilliance of Futurama that makes it worth watching over and over again, merely to pick up hidden jokes, which is why it won't have as many borderline-mental fans as Futurama or even the Simpsons.

The Simpsons was good, but IMO has been outdone by all of Futurama, Family Guy and South Park. The Simpsons is extremely mild and boring compared to all three, however without the Simpsons I doubt any of them would exist.

Futurama>>>Family Guy=South Park>>>The Simpsons

Coughlan said:
it goes
Yeah and remember when I got that job as Wayne Carey's P.I.M.P?

Me: Hey Wayne, who of my hoes do you wanna F*ck today?

Now think, was that funny? No it wasn't, just random and it is what family guy does.

Uhhh no Roonaldo.

But of animated cartoons my order would be:
1. Simpsons
2. Futurama
= Family Guy
4. South Park (crap at first but now it's funny)
5. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
6. American Dad (is better in some respects than Family Guy)

Futurama, Harvey Birdman, South Park (after the first few seasons) are all shows which you either love or hate. King of The Hill I guess is also one of these but I don't like it.
The thing that sets Simpsons apart from Family Guy is it creates it's own wordl, and it's own style of humour. Family Guy's humour is all over the place but it can afford to be by just how crazily paced and how jokes are set up.
There are rarely any jokes in the Simpsons that can be slot into any episode, where as most of Family Guy's can be slot in to any moment with a quick "remember when I.../this is like the time when..." scene.
Family Guy is basically a structured sketch show. Hit and miss, and sometimes the storyline suffers. The Simpsons is a sitcom. IMO the Simpsons cannot be matched by any television show ever by the fact that after countless times a Simpsons episode can be enjoyed.
Obviously the last handful of seasons have been mostly tripe but they still have some moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

year of the roo said:
Would have been better than every Futurama episode ever made though.

Farnsworth Parabox > Roswell that Ends well >Simpsons 14-17

Watch it and realise.

IMO:

1 = Simpsons (Yes, latest stuff is very bad, but the years have been quality)
2 = Futurama (IMO Zoidberg = god)
= South Park
3 Family guy

Daylight

4 American Dad

American Dad is a very very s*** show. It's humour is just crude and lame.

Family Guy sucks and is certainly not funny. Just random flashbacks to stuff the whole episode, it's really lame. "You think that's bad? Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from Muhammad while wearing a toga?"
"You think that's bad? Remember the time I won a date to Mexico with Gary Coleman?"
You have to watch the new south park to understand those quotes. Anyway, all that being said I think Family Guy is as good as the new Simpsons ie absolute crap!

Scrimes1234 said:
Family Guy sucks and is certainly not funny. Just random flashbacks to stuff the whole episode, it's really lame. "You think that's bad? Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from Muhammad while wearing a toga?"
"You think that's bad? Remember the time I won a date to Mexico with Gary Coleman?"
You have to watch the new south park to understand those quotes. Anyway, all that being said I think Family Guy is as good as the new Simpsons ie absolute crap!
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/2108.html

Classic :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Family Guy is better than The Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back