Why Isn't Afl Evolving At Rate Tech Is Evolving

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole idea of replacing magnetic boards with i-devices reminds me of the story from the space race era, where the Americans spent millions of dollars on research & development to produce a pen whose ink would flow in the zero-gravity environment of space. The Russians used a pencil.

There are keyboards for tablets. I get your point that some devices are better than others for some tasks but the original assertion was that people didn't use tablets for working when they in fact use them all the time for work in most industries.
Yeah, I think we agree, but I was being snobbish when I said 'real work'. People use tablets for all kinds of things.

Clearly, there is only one thing holding the AFL back: we need to put players who rush behinds in a lie detector chair and ask them if it was deliberate or not.
I was gunna say truth machine, but then I'd have to admit I read Ayn Rand. Good idea but.

Clearly there's just not enough places on the net for people to discuss their interest in tech, or are the ones on this board just lacking the ability to find them?

Weird thread but they should at least have HD, clear cut camera angles in the goal posts, and all the overpriced food vans should be replaced with meat pie/hot chip vending machines.

Afl is a rich company yet they fail to invest in things that matter in future.... The most advanced thing afl done is camera on hat.... Not even in built wtf is wrong with them. Such a joke

inorite?

Genious-blog-625.jpg

Clearly, there is only one thing holding the AFL back: we need to put players who rush behinds in a lie detector chair and ask them if it was deliberate or not.

Would have helped Poppy the other night. He clearly was not kicking the ball deliberate to go over boundary. Sad the umpire assumed he was a liar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean in future we all imagine afl being a different sports. Like we have robot umpires/runners/water boys.

Just what humanity should be doing: making itself as redundant as possible. I mean, the Industrial Revolution already set that in motion, and the last 100 years or so has only accelerated the development, why not continue on in the same fashion and see how it works out for us?

While we're at it, let's replace the human players with robot players! After all, technically the footballers themselves are only "entertainers" eating up a huge chunk of their club's finances....who needs the ****ers once we have automated equivalents? And hey, now that I think about it, if we're replacing humans with robots, why even bother having the matches take place in physical settings anyway? The sophistication of virtual reality technology is evolving on a daily basis; I say we just simulate the matches in virtual worlds and have the industry be entirely digital. T'would be totally awesome.

#Justice4AussieRulesRobots

Because everything is better with LEDS! that's why people tune in to t20 cricket, not because of the blokes hitting huge sixes or taking ridiculous catches, it's all about them zing bails baby

The zing bails are actually a pretty clever and practical little innovation for night cricket.

Is the OP serious?!? Technology doesn't make everything better. But one way the AFL should be using technology is goal line cameras score review is a joke. Surely a couple of HD camera's would send the AFL broke!

Why Isn't Afl Evolving At Rate Tech Is Evolving

Remove this Banner Ad

Back