WHy would Hawks fans boo Lenny Hayes?

Remove this Banner Ad

everyone boos opposition players, especially the good ones.

if a cats player gets injured in the GF via a croad hit, he'll be booed (and threads will be started here asking "why boo croad?")

Fair enough to boo Hayes.

All a bit of fun. Why the morons behind us at M9 would boo Harvey and sing soccer songs and call Milne a rapist and throw beer all over opposition supporters and spit in the face of a 70 y.o. woman is something I would like answered.

Football hooliganism belongs at soccer. These particular Hawthorn supporters do they club no favours.

Thankfully the Hawthorn players have more grace and sportsmanship than any of these so called supporters.
I hear alot about a Hawthorn supporter group that hang around in the general area M10/M9, they get brought up fairly frequently on this site and on others. They must be pretty bad, are they just like a more feral version of Richmonds Grog Squad and other clubs standing supporter groups behind the goals?

Absoloutley disgraceul effort from the hawks their lack of footy smarts was disgusting.

Campbell cannoned into riewoldt just 5 minutes earlier

wouldnt think that was a statement from what happened to hodge? And meh say what u want enjoy ur mad monday and the downfall of st kilda

All a bit of fun. Why the morons behind us at M9 would boo Harvey and sing soccer songs and call Milne a rapist and throw beer all over opposition supporters and spit in the face of a 70 y.o. woman is something I would like answered.

Football hooliganism belongs at soccer. These particular Hawthorn supporters do they club no favours.

Thankfully the Hawthorn players have more grace and sportsmanship than any of these so called supporters.

I call sour grapes on this post! I doubt this is true, and if so why didn't you do anything about it?

We are talking about a guy who played an entire second half of a match with a ruptured ACL that required a knee reco. That actually makes Hodge's effort (as unbelievably courageous as it was) last night seem pretty standard.

Actually they said he could have played on for weeks and been fine but some funny lateral movement could have torn it completely if memory serves

Interesting JD - on a couple of different Hawthorn boards/threads there's some significant uneasiness with the treatment St.Kilda fans dished up towards Hawthorn fans, including a Hawk teen (15ish) being set upon by some older saint fans. Also, a Hawk fan being taken out by police - without any issues, whilst the Saints fans continued to cause much bigger issues and were completely ignored - something that has been backed up (and also noted as being a previous issue with Saints crowds) by Collingwood, Geelong and Bulldog fans.

Is there an issue with the Saints fans at games?

I can't believe some of you guys are saying Lenny Hayes is soft! The guy ruptured an ACL during a game a few years ago and played the match out. I don't know about any of you other keyboard heroes, but I think he'd have to be a pretty tough player with a decent pain barrier to do that, don't you think? :rolleyes:

You're all a bunch of hypocritical ********s. And it disgusts me.

I was at the game and helped boo Lenny, partly because I thought he had a cheap shot at Hodge whilst injured, and partly to put him off his game (because he's a good player).

Having now watched the TV replay, we all should have been booing Brendan Goddard, who committed one of the most gutless and disgraceful acts seen on a football field in 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having now watched the TV replay, we all should have been booing Brendan Goddard, who committed one of the most gutless and disgraceful acts seen on a football field in 2008.

Oh shut the **** up you precious hypocrite. I've seen alot, and I mean alot worse. If the shoe was on the other foot and Sam Mitchell did a similar act to Brendon Goddard, you wouldn't have cared less about how 'gutless' and 'disgraceful' it was. In fact, you probably would have been cheering him on. If it was an unrelated club, say an Essendon playing Adelaide, and an Essendon player did the same thing to an Adelaide player, you wouldn't have given it a second look.

Gutless and disgraceful. :rolleyes:
Only because it happened to a Hawks player. If it was another team, you wouldn't have cared less.

Double standards. :thumbsdown:

And whats that?

Remeber to say farewell to everybody here before you put the reason down. The admin of bigfooty wont get closed down for you mate :thumbsu:
As long as I throw the word "allegedly" in here and there, I'm fine :p

I was just booing cos everyone else was :D

Typical, just amazes me how many people spend their time at the footy booing opposition players and clearly most have no idea why they are doing it. Shows how little a lot of people know about the game or even pay attention to what is happening on the ground.

On the TV last night it was pretty obvious that everytime anything went against Hawthorn the boos went up instantly. Some of the most obvious frees to St Kilda to some Hawk supporters weren't there. Pretty mindless stuff and I can't wait for the silence as Geelong spanks the backside off you whingers.

Nothing new about this. Hawthorn has always been the game I least like to go to. This moronic behaviour goes back to AFL Park days. They even strugggle to take winning graciously, and the day my 14 & 12 year old sons had 2 boof heads in their face after we got beaten by Hawthorn simply because they were wearing red and white colours belies any level of intelligence, and goes down as the 2nd worse day I have had at the footy.
Nowadays the reply would be a quick left and right hook.

The worst day was the last game at AFL Park when 2 blokes mid to late 20's spent the whole afternoon bare chested, pissed to the eyeballs, abusing oppostion supporters and their "family mates" (with young kids) a group of about 20, laughed along in unison.

Good to see nothing has changed.

Seriously, that little love tap on Luke Hodge was nothing too sinister?

Did Hawks fans not see Robert Campbell deck Nick Riewoldt whilst he was on his knees with a knee injury?

Lenny Hayes was merely responding to what the Hawks started.

Obviously, Hayes was pretty much nothing, and campbell's was far worse.

However, I'm assuming that hawks fans who did catch the live-action hayes love tap would've thought it was 100x worse than what the replay actually showed.

He packs a serious wallop...they should be wondering why he just tapped Hodge. Maybe to let him know he COULD have.

Still got no idea why no aints gave him a big hip and shoulder in play. Not as tho they didnt have the chance.

Too nice.

Oh shut the **** up you precious hypocrite. I've seen alot, and I mean alot worse. If the shoe was on the other foot and Sam Mitchell did a similar act to Brendon Goddard, you wouldn't have cared less about how 'gutless' and 'disgraceful' it was. In fact, you probably would have been cheering him on. If it was an unrelated club, say an Essendon playing Adelaide, and an Essendon player did the same thing to an Adelaide player, you wouldn't have given it a second look.

Gutless and disgraceful. :rolleyes:
Only because it happened to a Hawks player. If it was another team, you wouldn't have cared less.

Double standards. :thumbsdown:

Yes they would have.

Hawthorn fans have an obsession with Essendon.

Ask Luke Hodge about what Hayes did this morning and he'll say that Hayes did the right thing. In fact, St Kilda should have tackled Hodge much harder, and played him out of the game.

He packs a serious wallop...they should be wondering why he just tapped Hodge. Maybe to let him know he COULD have.

Still got no idea why no aints gave him a big hip and shoulder in play. Not as tho they didnt have the chance.

Too nice.

Thats what i thought, it was more of a warning, he really could have smashed him if he wanted to.

Yes they would have.

Hawthorn fans have an obsession with Essendon.

Ask Luke Hodge about what Hayes did this morning and he'll say that Hayes did the right thing. In fact, St Kilda should have tackled Hodge much harder, and played him out of the game.

I was merely using it as an example - replace Essendon with any other club and the same rule applies. And I agree - Hayes gave him a little love tap. Scraped up against him. Stroked his hip to Hodge's. And, as a result, Hodge acted accordingly - moved on, played the game. Didn't do any of the diving we are used to seeing from Geelong players such as Steve Johnson and Gary Ablett Jnr, just got on with the game - but the way Hawks fans are acting, you would think Hayes committed bloody murder! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

WHy would Hawks fans boo Lenny Hayes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back