Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Toovey would definitely make it in today's game he's way better than a Johnny Nobel. I'd even argue a player like Leon Davis who struggled at times would fit in better with today's game front or back.

Nobles ability to rebound the footy is leagues ahead of Toovey, who provided very little run out of defence and had no real direction with most of his kicks.

Can’t believe some of the criticism this bloke has copped after one average game. Yes he is not quick but he is very clean, he is tough, is composed with the footy and a lovely kick. He has massively exceeded my expectations considering he has not yet had a pre season. I think he is going to be a very good player.

Picked up for nothing and hasn’t played a whole year or done a preseason and people want to write him off?

This board sucks eggs, this kid will clearly be good.
They be quiet after tonight

Can’t believe some of the criticism this bloke has copped after one average game. Yes he is not quick but he is very clean, he is tough, is composed with the footy and a lovely kick. He has massively exceeded my expectations considering he has not yet had a pre season. I think he is going to be a very good player.
People are judging him like it’s his 5th year. it’s literally his first year, he barely had a pre season and changed sporting codes after years out of the game. I think he’s done well in the games he played, made few mistakes like every young player however definitely looks like he’ll get better with a full pre season.

Lovely kick as well.

Picked up for nothing and hasn’t played a whole year or done a preseason and people want to write him off?

This board sucks eggs, this kid will clearly be good.
I called it after his first VFL game and I never do that 😂
I think having Nick come in the way he did has given people on this board unrealistic expectations when it comes to new recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are judging him like it’s his 5th year. it’s literally his first year, he barely had a pre season and changed sporting codes after years out of the game. I think he’s done well in the games he played, made few mistakes like every young player however definitely looks like he’ll get better with a full pre season.

Lovely kick as well.

100% this, this kid has come from nowhere. His scope of improvement could be massive, give him a preseason or two & who knows how good he can be?

Best game he's played so far. Before he even had had a pre-season
I think he's exceeded anyone's expectations in his first year. We never imagined he would play as quickly as he has been. Only gonna get better too.

Exactly right - he'd barely played a few VFL games before he got his AFL debut, coming from another sport. Becoming an AFL standard player is really bloody hard. And Wil's shown enough glimpses now to show that he could be a player for us. Just needs a couple of pre seasons..

Exactly right - he'd barely played a few VFL games before he got his AFL debut, coming from another sport. Becoming an AFL standard player is really bloody hard. And Wil's shown enough glimpses now to show that he could be a player for us. Just needs a couple of pre seasons..
Yeah, looking forward to his very first pre-season.
Came into the club in feb. Then spent 2 months catching up to speed, played a couple vfl before debuting.
Coming from a different sport,thats quite impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back