Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people also need to remember that this is forum where people make comments about what they've seen and make projections about what might be coming. It is totally okay to make a projection of someone after 1-2 games. Sure, it might be wrong, and it can change.

Surely you aren't serious?

Noble is the best offensive running weapon we have in the side outside of Daics. Very impactful.

The only thing Tooves kicks were directed to were over the boundary line.
Collingwood Magpies Afl GIF by CollingwoodFC

That was another good step in the right direction from Parker and of all our fringe guys attempting to establish themselves he’s the clear most likely because that’s now his spot to lose with only Markov to pressure underneath.

He does need to tighten up defensively in a few areas because Chandler got him last night and he has a tendency to overcommit, but I think that will absolutely come with time at senior level. We’ve found one.

Last edited:
Collingwood Magpies Afl GIF by CollingwoodFC

That was another good step in the right direction from Parker and of all our fringe guys attempting to establish themselves he’s the clear most likely because that’s now his spot to lose with only Markov to pressure underneath.

I would though that he needs to tighten up defensively in a few areas because Chandler got him last night and he has a tendency to overcommit, but I think that will absolutely come with time at senior level. We’ve found one.

Completely agree. The issues I saw last night was that overcommitting to the contest and I reckon that comes with nerves and inexperience and getting him through those first 30-50 games should resolve that.

Apart from that he kicks it really well, seems to get himself into good positions on the ground, is aggressive and seems to be able to accumulate easily enough.

Definitely worth persisting with.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His second efforts after a mistake are brilliant. He would have been a high draft pick if available. Going to be a an outstanding pick up.

It tempers the Shultz trade because we have also bought in Will Parker for nothing in the same year. Balances out well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t understand the comparisons to Possum, Toovey did a job in different times.

For those who were at the game, and sat through the Demons pre-game gumph on the screen, they replayed a 2007 game against us in which Russel Robertson kicked 7 goals.

Yawn.

Poor old Tooves was on him for some of the goals, and was given a bath.

But it was nice to see those ‘possum’ eyes again on the big screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people also need to remember that this is forum where people make comments about what they've seen and make projections about what might be coming. It is totally okay to make a projection of someone after 1-2 games. Sure, it might be wrong, and it can change.
Who is stopping people making comments?

It’s a discussion forum so if those comments are total garbage then other posters can tell them.

Everyone doesn’t get a ribbon.

It's looking like an astute decision by drafting to bring Parker into the fold. Wil looks like a 'smart' footballer! Wil isn't blessed with elite speed but doesn't often get exposed by opposition players that do. Wil also manages to get in the right position at the right time, tackles with intent and is blessed with good vision and skills to match, pleasing!

He's a much better skilled and poised John Noble. Much better. Can defend too.

Toovey wasn't a rebounder he was a lock down defender. The rebounders of that era were, Shaw, OBrien and Maxwell.

Tooves never hesitated to take the opportunity to rebound when it arose. You’re confusing role and responsibility with ability.

Last edited:
Tooves never hesitated to take the opportunity to rebound. You’re confusing role and responsibility with ability.
Sure he could get the ball and run and kick but he wasn't really a rebounder. He didn't link up much and he wasn't a line breaker. His job was to lock down. I'm not the one confused on this.

He's a much better skilled and poised John Noble. Much better. Can defend too.

Nothing like Noble really. Not nearly as fast or evasive, but a more accurate kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Wil Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back