Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

HomerJV

Rookie
Sep 22, 2024
AFL Club
St Kilda
Youngest ever Norm Smith Medalist, and did so having come back into the team mid-season from a torn ACL.

For all the media carry-on Nick Daicos has gotten in Victoria, has everyone overlooked the ability of Will Ashcroft up in Brisbane? They are both quality players, but it feels like Ashcroft has a harder edge to his game. There is a reason he won the Norm Smith today, whereas Daicos didn't last year.

Youngest ever Norm Smith Medalist, and did so having come back into the team mid-season from a torn ACL.

For all the media carry-on Nick Daicos has gotten in Victoria, has everyone overlooked the ability of Will Ashcroft up in Brisbane? They are both quality players, but it feels like Ashcroft has a harder edge to his game. There is a reason he won the Norm Smith today, whereas Daicos didn't last year.

Same thought crossed my mind. Daicos is unprecedented. Ashcroft is on a similar path, but coming from a bit back after his ACL.

Will be wonderful to watch both over the next decade.

Christ what a shit thread.
Weird how you don't like this thread, but seem to really like the "Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?" thread. You even have a post there declaring your love for that thread.

Love this thread, even when he plays well its always some bs excuse as to why he had a good game.

It must be tough for Collingwood supporters to see another club's gun young player getting praise and taking the spotlight off Daicos. It's especially rough when people start to suggest said player might even be better than Daicos, especially with an outstanding norm smith-winning performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily Ashcroft.

I thought it before and this GF performance proves it.

Sadly I don’t think Daicos will get a chance to prove his worth in a GF or even finals again.

He’ll have fun collecting individual awards in non-finals sides though which is ok I guess.
LOL, enjoy your next 10 years watching other sides make the finals while you add to your spoon collection.
Daicos and Ashcroft will both be playing finals for years to come.

Daicos is an accumulator who does minimal damage.

There have been hundreds of players like him over the years.

Ashcroft is heavy duty, high harm and high impact.

Is it really even a comparison when it comes to pure footy ?

Huge finals series from Ashcroft, can't wait to see how he progresses next year

7zbmsd0e0hu01.jpg

Daicos and Ashcroft will both be playing finals for years to come.
Umm... I don't think so...

Collingwood couldn't make the finals this year with the oldest list in the AFL. Also very little quality in the youth ranks.

Your club is literally in the same state as Richmond was in 2021.

Really wish the title wasn't "better than Nick Daicos" though. Everyone is always going to compare and that's fine but what Nick has achieved so far in his career is outstanding and everyone so quickly wants to tear him down, it's cringe.

Weird how you don't like this thread, but seem to really like the "Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?" thread. You even have a post there declaring your love for that thread.

It must be tough for Collingwood supporters to see another club's gun young player getting praise and taking the spotlight off Daicos. It's especially rough when people start to suggest said player might even be better than Daicos, especially with an outstanding norm smith-winning performance.
Not at all. Ashcroft is a gun, and played a great grand final (remember those?).
Ashcroft might end up better than Daicos, or he might not. Well just have to wait and see.
One thing is for sure though, no St Blunda father-son will be entering that conversation, all your old "stars" shoot blanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back